• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns over clowns post game

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what RR is saying, I just don’t happen to agree with it that’s all. All your points are valid, except I don’t live in a fantasy version of viewing this team.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve liked to seen the time-outs used. I don’t think there was a chance in hell of the comeback at those times, so I’m just going to believe in the coach for now. The team could probably use the practice in the two minute drill at least.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve liked to seen the time-outs used. I don’t think there was a chance in hell of the comeback at those times, so I’m just going to believe in the coach for now. The team could probably use the practice in the two minute drill at least.

i agree, from what RR said today about Haskins another bad 2 games we could see Allen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what do you see as the benefit of 6-8 wins ? Are we a Super Bowl team ? And you think the pedestrian Allen will lead us to a Super Bowl ?

one of 2 things will happen if we play Haskins . He will grow and get those wins this year or he will fail and we will be in position to draft 1 one if the top 3 qbs in the draft next year without gutting 1 or more drafts and repeating the RG 3 mistake

did you expect with the sweeping changes this off season with the name , Allen firing , sex scandal , name change , corona virus , no otas no preseason. Games , 3rd HC in less then a year that we were a contender ?

this off season we all bought in to building a new culture and after 3 games it’s screw that let’s cheese dick a few wins to go 1 and done in the playoffs

let the guy sink or swim this year

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a decent job with them last year. There is a reason why we gave up a 5th for him.

what made his year decent? Was it the eight consecutive losses?

The reason we gave up a fifth was to be a backup in a system he already operated.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the Cam comparison. Newton was much more dynamic as a runner. As far as passing I think they are similar .... so far.

One of the things I do not like is RRs rolling over in the last few minutes in the game. NO game is over until the gun goes off. I think it sends the wrong message to the players. Competitors do not give up until the game is over.

It does seem to me that RR has mailed in this season. That is disappointing to me. Would I mind if Allen started? No not at all. I don't think we know everything about Haskin's he could still improve. Some suggest he would have been better in the Mark Rypien or Aaron Rogers role where he watched for three years. Too late for that now.

To quote a guy I like a lot ... you play to win the game. I am not sure we are doing that. That makes me sad.

You made several good points that I want to comment on. First, there is no comparison to a young Cam Newton and a young Dwayne Haskins. Haskins can only dream that he will have an NFL career half as good as what Newton has had. RR needs to stop rolling over immediately in the last few minutes of a game because it sends a wrong message to the entire team that has been taught from the first time they ever put on a uniform to never give up. I have followed RR since day one when he became the Panthers head coach. I have a lot of respect for him but he is not the greatest thing since sliced bread as some here would try to get us to believe. His building program with Washington may never happen because of his health even though I sincerely hope that he will get well. We have a number of players from Ohio State and Alabama who are use to winning and if we don't start winning a few games with whatever strategy it takes I think this is going to spill over into the locker room and have a very negative effect on the entire team.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think this is much a do about nothing . If we aren’t going to win the game why risk injury on a evaluation year ? If you listen to RR he is treating these first 4 games like it’s preseason . We lost Inman , ionman, and chase . What if we lost TMAC trying to turn a 14 point loss into a 7 point one ? We need to understand what our team truly is and not the fantasy we want it to be
What if you lost a battle because you didn't think you could win .... my wooden nickel is that never happen.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna hear my thoughts on that idiot own Jimmy Haslam?
Dude, with all due respect, you have no idea what an idiot owner is until you have Dan Snyder as your owner for 20 years. He makes Haslam look like a Mensa member.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if you lost a battle because you didn't think you could win .... my wooden nickel is that never happen.
Lost many battles I couldn’t win . We backed out and re looked at the objective and didn’t risk losing more lives . Sometimes you just have to admit defeat

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR seems to be beginning to change his tune regarding being competitive in a lousy division in yesterday’s Presser instead of his ‘all R &D’ this year.

Might be that Haskins is on a shorter leash than we know. Seems reasonable to me if Haskins shows no appreciable growth for multiple games in a row.

One thing, playing Haskins, even if he’s not good all year, does give you an idea of his value on the open market for a trade.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what made his year decent? Was it the eight consecutive losses?

The reason we gave up a fifth was to be a backup in a system he already operated.

they had a winning streak with him when he came in for Cam. Not saying he is a super star but can win games for you

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had a winning streak with him when he came in for Cam. Not saying he is a super star but can win games for you
Allen regressed after getting the start last year, and Haskins progressed after his.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty typical once the league gets a book on you then things become harder. Unless you are one of the all time greats but even they have to continue to learn and progress.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen regressed after getting the start last year, and Haskins progressed after his.

I know but IF Haskins still plays like he did Sunday Allen should get a shot.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but IF Haskins still plays like he did Sunday Allen should get a shot.
Thank gawd you never change... you’re like a dog on the hunt. Keeps me entertained.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a bone for ya Dean...your dearest wish potentially coming to fruition. Likely not on your accelerated time schedule...but still...Magic to your ears I’m sure. :wink:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your above statement speaks volumes about why you were a coach. As a former baseball player who never gave up until the 27th out was made in a game I agree with you 100%.