• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns are Super Bowl Favorites, Lol!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, it's the outside media that's largely creating this narrative. Every rational Browns fan I know is saying things start with the division. They haven't had a division title in ages, but this is a year to go for it. Hell, finishing 2nd in the division would be something they haven't done in over a decade, and if that's what happens but they're able to grab a wildcard spot, I would be thrilled.

This team's window is just beginning to open with their young talent and how their contracts currently sit. If they show improvement this year and get better as the year goes on, I'll be a happy fan. The rest will take care of itself.

I like where they're headed.

Now the media on the other hand - they should be worried.
Lots of people reporting and there just in't news unless a player asks for money or a player goes swimming with his kids.
One player married the other day. Isn't that homophobic or at least politically incorrect?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like where they're headed.

Now the media on the other hand - they should be worried.
Lots of people reporting and there just in't news unless a player asks for money or a player goes swimming with his kids.
One player married the other day. Isn't that homophobic or at least politically incorrect?
The media in general can largely eat a big shitburger. It used to be about getting pertinent news to fans, and now it's just about making a name for yourself, regardless of the news you're breaking.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone put out a milkcarton on @NAIVEONE

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked forward to a Browns season since the 90's. As far as the predictions I won't listen to any of it. I just want them to win more games than last year.
Browns have to go 6-2 in the final 8 games this year just to have a better record than last season. Let that sink in.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the praise Dorsey has received, yet all he did was hire the worst coach in the league mostly because he had a great relationship with a overrated rookie qb.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the praise Dorsey has received, yet all he did was hire the worst coach in the league mostly because he had a great relationship with a overrated rookie qb.
In fairness Baker probably would've thrown a bitch fit if not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have to go 6-2 in the final 8 games this year just to have a better record than last season. Let that sink in.

"Let that sink in." :pound:

Why? I'm not one of the Browns fans that bought into the preseason hype. I even said as much in the comment you quoted. My only hope was for them to win more games than last year. I also said that in the same comment. I didn't think those were unrealistic expectations.

But this team is lousy. Mayfield's regressed instead of progressed. I didn't like the Freddie hire when it happened. I wanted a HC with some actual head coaching experience. As each week goes by I get more frustrated with his play calling. Maybe this off season Mayfield will spend more time studying game film instead of making commercials.

And while the toughest part of the schedule is over I don't see them going 6-2 the last half of the season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That...and wanted a coach he could control. Dorsey was almost ike a fan this offseason and went after name and not production.

wiley was spot on with his comments.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point this has to come true....... Right?

I mean all of us current posters will be long gone but......

:lol::lol:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Miami doesn't know how to tank, maybe the Browns can draft Tagovailoa and add him to the never ending jersey of QB busts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let that sink in." :pound:

Why? I'm not one of the Browns fans that bought into the preseason hype. I even said as much in the comment you quoted. My only hope was for them to win more games than last year. I also said that in the same comment. I didn't think those were unrealistic expectations.

But this team is lousy. Mayfield's regressed instead of progressed. I didn't like the Freddie hire when it happened. I wanted a HC with some actual head coaching experience. As each week goes by I get more frustrated with his play calling. Maybe this off season Mayfield will spend more time studying game film instead of making commercials.

And while the toughest part of the schedule is over I don't see them going 6-2 the last half of the season.
You don't like running a bad backup on 3rd and 3 on more than one occasion? Sitting a potential Pro Bowl RB in those situations?

Baker might be more talented than the QBs taken after him (other than LJ) but they at least shut up and do their jobs.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lifelong Browns fan, and this is the most anticipated season since the 80's when were in playing AFC Championships against Denver, but I would be happy if they just won the division or made the wildcard. Not sure they could get past New England or the Chiefs if they did, but those are the only 2 teams in the AFC they need to worry about, if they are as good as advertised.

Like Cubs fans did every year when they used to suck, Browns fans must betting like crazy on the Browns to make it or win it all, pushing the S/B odds beyond where they should be. I'm tempted to bet against them, hedge my emotions, and usual disappointment.

Just saw on one site that the Browns have better S/B odds than the Colts, Eagles, and Steelers. Same odds as the 12-4 Bears and Chargers. Hilarious!

I do have to say they've never had this much young talent. They finally found the right decision guy in Dorsey. He's made all the right moves, so far. The 2019 season could not come any sooner.
Looking back that was a little optimistic but there were a lot of bargains back before the season started. 49ers 36-1, Seahawks 32-1, Ravens 32-1, Bills 80-1