• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns are Super Bowl Favorites, Lol!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, are you suggesting no one has left and performed as well.....and everyone who went there improved greatly?
That's one symptom of the offense.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious!
It is, they haven't even had a winning season yet and Baker is due for sophmore year regression after every team has a whole offseason to look at his tape.

I still think winning the division is a very real goal for this team

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More free Bud Light for all when the Browns win the Super Bowl?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, they haven't even had a winning season yet and Baker is due for sophmore year regression after every team has a whole offseason to look at his tape.

This isn't all that common among the top end QBs. Wilson, Luck, Wentz, Ryan, Roethlisberger, all were better in their 2nd season even.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lifelong Browns fan, and this is the most anticipated season since the 80's when were in playing AFC Championships against Denver, but I would be happy if they just won the division or made the wildcard. Not sure they could get past New England or the Chiefs if they did, but those are the only 2 teams in the AFC they need to worry about, if they are as good as advertised.

Like Cubs fans did every year when they used to suck, Browns fans must betting like crazy on the Browns to make it or win it all, pushing the S/B odds beyond where they should be. I'm tempted to bet against them, hedge my emotions, and usual disappointment.

Just saw on one site that the Browns have better S/B odds than the Colts, Eagles, and Steelers. Same odds as the 12-4 Bears and Chargers. Hilarious!

I do have to say they've never had this much young talent. They finally found the right decision guy in Dorsey. He's made all the right moves, so far. The 2019 season could not come any sooner.

Good for you. You deserve to be excited about your team even if you are the "naive one"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the OBJ trade was such a gamble for the Browns due to his attitude I would think the national sports media would have been harping on it from day one.

The Hunt signing will always bother me. Now my concern is Dorsey might take a shot @ Tyreek Hill. If he does that I will be pissed.

No way on Hill and obviously Hunt and Hill both made mistakes but Hill's was much worse imo. Browns don't need another WR and I see Hill being out of the league for one year at least, probably more. Just depends really, we will have to see

NAIVEONE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't all that common among the top end QBs. Wilson, Luck, Wentz, Ryan, Roethlisberger, all were better in their 2nd season even.
It's a red flag if there isn't improvement, if anything. Granted a near record level efficiency (I qualify that as an absolute just because it's a juiced offensive environment; so sue me) for Baker his rookie year is gonna put up a high bar.

NAIVEONE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the pick when they took him. Thought he was undersized, was too cocky, a head-case. Thought Cali golden boys Darnold and Rosen were the better prospects. But now I see it's critics and doubters like me that motivate and drive Baker's angst and attitude. He was a nobody, no-scholarship, walk-on true freshman who ended up starting at Texas Tech for the season opener...only BCS player to ever do so.

When people doubt him, underestimate him, show him up (like OSU did in 2017), he'll do whatever it takes to prove his critics and naysayers wrong, and exact revenge on anyone who has screwed him or tried to embarrass him in the past. He's got this perpetual inner anger that I think is going turn the Browns into perennial contenders. He's just one of those guys you can't stand if you're playing against him, and love him if he's on your team.

NAIVEONE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the pick when they took him. Thought he was undersized, was too cocky, a head-case. Thought Cali golden boys Darnold and Rosen were the better prospects. But now I see it's critics and doubters like me that motivate and drive Baker's angst and attitude. He was a nobody, no-scholarship, walk-on true freshman who ended up starting at Texas Tech for the season opener...only BCS player to ever do so.

When people doubt him, underestimate him, show him up (like OSU did in 2017), he'll do whatever it takes to prove his critics and naysayers wrong, and exact revenge on anyone who has screwed him or tried to embarrass him in the past. He's got this perpetual inner anger that I think is going turn the Browns into perennial contenders. He's just one of those guys you can't stand if you're playing against him, and love him if he's on your team.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo....OBJ is basically a no-show for these 'optional' show-ups?

Personally....I don't think it's a good sign from a guy who is coming in, learning a new offense, etc.

....just don't think you can ever win with these hip-hop WR's, who are all into themselves.....but maybe Beckham changes that all.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't read the article, but nor do I. Assuming they are top 3-5 where I've seen them, there have to be far better value plays than the Browns.
They're in between 15-1 and 20-1. At this point, that's too high. Maybe 35-1 or 40-1, yes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be a lot more worried about the Steelers than the SB, and that's not me saying the Steelers are some amazing team.

Maybe thet should concentrate on winning games before playing in the playoffs. Maybe they should worry about winning plkayoff games before worrying about playing in the Superbowl......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe thet should concentrate on winning games before playing in the playoffs. Maybe they should worry about winning plkayoff games before worrying about playing in the Superbowl......
The problem is, it's the outside media that's largely creating this narrative. Every rational Browns fan I know is saying things start with the division. They haven't had a division title in ages, but this is a year to go for it. Hell, finishing 2nd in the division would be something they haven't done in over a decade, and if that's what happens but they're able to grab a wildcard spot, I would be thrilled.

This team's window is just beginning to open with their young talent and how their contracts currently sit. If they show improvement this year and get better as the year goes on, I'll be a happy fan. The rest will take care of itself.