• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns are Super Bowl Favorites, Lol!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty easy division. Not as easy as the AFC East, but easily the next most easy.
I disagree. Pittsburgh is always a good team. Baltimore is very good. Cincy is Cincy though.
I think the weakest divisions after the AFC East are the NFC South and NFC West.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are at least a year or 2 away from being serious SB contenders.
I like nearly everything Dorsey has done except for the OBJ signing.

You don't like the Browns trading for OBJ yet you have no problem w/ Dorsey signing that POS Kareem Hunt? Just wondering why don't you like the OBJ signing?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like the Browns trading for OBJ yet you have no problem w/ Dorsey signing that POS Kareem Hunt? Just wondering why don't you like the OBJ signing?
The OBJ signing just seems to have more risk. I think the Browns are loaded without OBJ. A diva WR can hurt Mayfield. I've seen stuff like this happen before. Hopefully OBJ can be a team player. I hope he doesn't expect the same 11 targets per game he was getting from Eli.

Hunt is low risk/high reward. After watching the video, his actions were not that bad and he has no priors. I wish the Colts would have signed him, but Spencer Ware was a good signing for the Colts as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Pittsburgh is always a good team. Baltimore is very good. Cincy is Cincy though.
I think the weakest divisions after the AFC East are the NFC South and NFC West.
The Rams just went to the Super Bowl, but the division did have the first two picks. I see your point.

I think the top two in the NFC West are better than the top two in the AFC North (Browns, Ravens) by enough of a margin.

And the Cardinals and Niners can't be as bad as last year.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams just went to the Super Bowl, but the division did have the first two picks. I see your point.

I think the top two in the NFC West are better than the top two in the AFC North (Browns, Ravens) by enough of a margin.

And the Cardinals and Niners can't be as bad as last year.
Whole new system in Arizona, that could take a season or 2 to work.
I see Pitt being better than the 49'rs and Cincy being better than the Cardinals.
Rams better than the Ravens.
Browns as good or better than the Seahawks.

We could be splitting hairs here though. At least we all agree that the AFC East is the worst division in the NFL. Has been for nearly 20 years despite having the Superbowl winning team many of those years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OBJ signing just seems to have more risk. I think the Browns are loaded without OBJ. A diva WR can hurt Mayfield. I've seen stuff like this happen before. Hopefully OBJ can be a team player. I hope he doesn't expect the same 11 targets per game he was getting from Eli.

Hunt is low risk/high reward. After watching the video, his actions were not that bad and he has no priors. I wish the Colts would have signed him, but Spencer Ware was a good signing for the Colts as well.
OK, but they needed a WR far more than a RB.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but they needed a WR far more than a RB.
But 1 year, $1 million for Hunt is too good to pass up.
I haven't looked to deep, but it looks like the Browns may have a bit a CAP concerns next season . Not like Jax, Chicago, Min or Philly, but not in great shape.

upload_2019-5-6_9-42-3.png

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can it hurt Mayfield? Just curious. What rookie QB that is the obvious leader of a team was torn down by a talented WR?

He was a team player in New York so not sure why he would change in Cleveland.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns were loaded @ WR before they got OBJ? I'm a lifelong fan & didn't realize the WR position was so stacked.

As far as Hunt. His actions weren't that bad? Holy crap! He shoud have been the better person & walked away. Instead he had to show Hiz Boyz how much of man he thinks he is by knocking that loudmouth woman back to the ground. He's a pussy. And his actions were outta line. I was disgusted when the Browns picked him up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked to deep, but it looks like the Browns may have a bit a CAP concerns next season . Not like Jax, Chicago, Min or Philly, but not in great shape.

View attachment 204323
They're gonna have several big contracts that I would confidently assume will be off the books next year though:

TJ Carrie - $8.15m
Chris Hubbard - $7.3m
Chris Smith - $4.9m
Terrence Mitchell - $3.6m

Right there is well over $20m in cap savings for guys that are either not starting already, or can easily be replaced by guys on the roster/in next year's draft.

Plus, it wouldn't be shocking at all to see the cap raised again in a year, as it seems to be every year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns were loaded @ WR before they got OBJ? I'm a lifelong fan & didn't realize the WR position was so stacked.

As far as Hunt. His actions weren't that bad? Holy crap! He shoud have been the better person & walked away. Instead he had to show Hiz Boyz how much of man he thinks he is by knocking that loudmouth woman back to the ground. He's a pussy. And his actions were outta line. I was disgusted when the Browns picked him up.

It's just not true. The Browns were missing a big play WR. They had a good young core with Jarvis and rookies Callaway and Higgins but that is average imo. Getting Odell brings them to middle of the road to elite at that position. It isn't close.

I agree with the Hunt take and I thought he would be out of the league for more time but Dorsey took a shot on him, it sounds like he has to earn the respect back from his teammates, fans and hopefully his family and friends. But from Dorsey's prespective, he is just getting guys that can play football. It seems like he can handle guys with issues in the past hopefully it works out for the Browns.

I think the "issues" with OBJ is definitely blown of proportion and people just follow the media to give their opinions. Not a fan of his celebrations and sometimes his sideline stuff but it looked to me like he just wanted to win in New York. If a guy is outspoken there is nothing you can do about it, you want guys like that on your team to motivate you to do better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 204323
Not sure how the carryover works. If they keep it until they use it they could be OK.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. Hunt didn't do much.
He should have just walked away, that is true. He had a loud mouthed girl screaming at him and calling him obscene names. She also was being physical with him. He didn't actually push her, he pushed back at a buddy who knocked her ass down. Then he nudged her and she fell over. Again, I agree he should have walked away, but with no priors, this isn't that big of a deal. A great signing by the Browns. And for only $1 million.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not true. The Browns were missing a big play WR. They had a good young core with Jarvis and rookies Callaway and Higgins but that is average imo. Getting Odell brings them to middle of the road to elite at that position. It isn't close.

I agree with the Hunt take and I thought he would be out of the league for more time but Dorsey took a shot on him, it sounds like he has to earn the respect back from his teammates, fans and hopefully his family and friends. But from Dorsey's prespective, he is just getting guys that can play football. It seems like he can handle guys with issues in the past hopefully it works out for the Browns.

I think the "issues" with OBJ is definitely blown of proportion and people just follow the media to give their opinions. Not a fan of his celebrations and sometimes his sideline stuff but it looked to me like he just wanted to win in New York. If a guy is outspoken there is nothing you can do about it, you want guys like that on your team to motivate you to do better.

If the OBJ trade was such a gamble for the Browns due to his attitude I would think the national sports media would have been harping on it from day one.

The Hunt signing will always bother me. Now my concern is Dorsey might take a shot @ Tyreek Hill. If he does that I will be pissed.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should have just walked away, that is true. He had a loud mouthed girl screaming at him and calling him obscene names. She also was being physical with him. He didn't actually push her, he pushed back at a buddy who knocked her ass down. Then he nudged her and she fell over. Again, I agree he should have walked away, but with no priors, this isn't that big of a deal. A great signing by the Browns. And for only $1 million.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

I stopped reading after you said Hunt didn't do much. Not trying to start anything but I don't care what your thoughts are on this topic anymore. You have no issue w/ Hunt pushing/knocking down that woman & I do. I don't condone abuse like that. A real man should never be pushing women around.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have the top Tandem in the league?

Right there with Thielen Diggs

Not quite Kelce Hill, but.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stopped reading after you said Hunt didn't do much. Not trying to start anything but I don't care what your thoughts are on this topic anymore. You have no issue w/ Hunt pushing/knocking down that woman & I do. I don't condone abuse like that. A real man should never be pushing women around.
More importantly, Hunt isn't as good as Andy Reid's offense made him look.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No risk move with Hunt. Has another issue and you dump him or doesn't and you get a PB RB for 2-3 years at a near league minimum contract.