• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos v Pats thread

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it once again, if you don't like being called out for being overly negative don't be overly negative. Otherwise suck it up little girl, and don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone disagrees with you.

I do what I want when I want. I just don't like stalkers. God knows what kind of person you are since you think you know me.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say the sky is falling? I picked Denver and put money on Denver to win this game. Easy money. Once again you don't know me at all. If you don't like it I suggest you learn to deal with it. Ive never seen a person that is so concerned and take the time to see what "Malibu" types.
You know the phrase "the sky is falling" is a metaphor, right? I mean, you realize that I don't literally think you typed "the sky is falling"?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do what I want when I want. I just don't like stalkers. God knows what kind of person you are since you think you know me.
Reading through the game thread isn't stalking you. What is wrong with you?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright no reason to fight after such a great win.

Honestly this is why I stay away from the game threads most weeks. The flow of the game changes so much that it would be easy to get emotionally charged one way or the other. I'll be honest and when we fell down 21-7 in the game I flipped the channel for a bit. I thought we had a great chance to make a statement and were just making the stupidest small mistakes that add up in the end to usually cost a team in games like that. I'll be honest that I screamed at the tv when Von Miller decided to land on top of Brady and get the personal foul. Those type of things drive me nuts. If I was typing in the game thread it would lead me to say things that now looking back you go "well those little mistakes didn't matter as much as I thought."

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly this is why I stay away from the game threads most weeks. The flow of the game changes so much that it would be easy to get emotionally charged one way or the other. I'll be honest and when we fell down 21-7 in the game I flipped the channel for a bit. I thought we had a great chance to make a statement and were just making the stupidest small mistakes that add up in the end to usually cost a team in games like that. I'll be honest that I screamed at the tv when Von Miller decided to land on top of Brady and get the personal foul. Those type of things drive me nuts. If I was typing in the game thread it would lead me to say things that now looking back you go "well those little mistakes didn't matter as much as I thought."

I'll say it for the last time. I may be negative when it comes to sports but just ask my son how negative I am when I'm the only positive influence on his life besides my parents because his mother doesn't care. My son has been through hell and back and is getting good grades with ADHD and doing well in JV and Varsity basketball. I pay for almost everything and bust my ass with health issues that Ive had and a terrible car accident I just was in 2 months ago. So for any of you that think you know me and that I'm always negative I suggest you can kiss my ass and don't judge anyone that you don't know because a message board has posts by me that you don't like. If you don't like it learn to deal with it and you don't read from me that I know any of you because I don't. Peace GN

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it for the last time. I may be negative when it comes to sports but just ask my son how negative I am when I'm the only positive influence on his life besides my parents because his mother doesn't care. My son has been through hell and back and is getting good grades with ADHD and doing well in JV and Varsity basketball. I pay for almost everything and bust my ass with health issues that Ive had and a terrible car accident I just was in 2 months ago. So for any of you that think you know me and that I'm always negative I suggest you can kiss my ass and don't judge anyone that you don't know because a message board has posts by me that you don't like. If you don't like it learn to deal with it and you don't read from me that I know any of you because I don't. Peace GN
No one is judging your personal life. I said you were a negative POSTER and I stand by that. I never pretended to know anything about you other than what you post, which I find to be overwhelmingly negative. If it bothers you that I think that, perhaps consider changing the way you post. If you don't care what I think, then why even respond? Just move on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't saying you are a negative person. I was explaining actually that I understand why posting in a game thread it can be easy to become negative with what you are seeing on the field because in that moment yes you are emotional one way or the other. Like I said I turned the channel for a while because I was disgusted with what I was seeing. My wife gets after me all the time that watching a game with me is quite the challenge because she finds me being so negative about the team at times when things are not quite going well. It is why I have to stay away from the game threads because I know that is how I would be on them. I don't have any problem with you posting on them and expressing your thoughts at the moment that something bad is happening in the game. We all on here have emotionally invested in this team and we expect the best from them so yes it is a let down when they don't live up to those expectations.

Heck I"ll be honest I am still upset with the game that DT had last night even though we won. I can understand if it was just drops that he was having a problem with but he just flat out quit on some routes. When I saw other receivers doing everything possible to win with a great block I would see DT make initial contact then sometimes just let go of his guy. For being paid like he is I expect much much more from a player of his ability.

Also kudos to you for being such a positive influence in the life of your son. I wish more dads would take such an active role in their child's life. I work with families all the time that either the dad is not in the picture or he is so mentally checked out. I've seen the faces of children who just wish for a second that their parents would show even the smallest amount of love and attention to them. So keep fighting the good fight. It is worth it and I know your son would agree.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all of this cd. I got frustrated on a Denver game thread last year with what I was perceiving as too many negative posts. I expressed my frustration and was accused of "trolling". I took a step back from the game threads after that. I understand some fans that feel the need to view the glass as half full most of the time, but I would rather look at positives (I don't think that makes me a "blind homer" as I was also labeled). I suppose the balance is somewhere between.

Aside from all that, I don't let the in the moment negative comments get me too riled up anymore (I was also cussing at the TV when VM jumped on Brady and drew a huge flag...luckily I wasn't posting at that moment). This is a very exciting time to be a Denver fan and having Brock play like he has the past two weeks certainly gives rise to optimism for the short and long-term future. Great to see the offense work like Kubiak envisioned it.

For the most part, we have great and knowledgeable fans on these Denver threads. Easily the best fan base on tHoop. GO BRONCOS!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...pleaze,........i'm sure Elway got his ''u$ual'' kickback.......*just enough to wet his beak*.

Yes but, it was in a dimension of time and space you can only dream about and apparently you do.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are getting fired up for the rest of the season. I see blue skies - sunny days. What I really like about this bunch is they do have that something that seems to make a difference at the end of games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some cool stats from yesterday and the season on some...

The Broncos have now held their opponents to 0-28 this year on 3rd and 11 or longer situations. Probably nothing frustrated me more last year when we would have a team 3rd and 15 and Del Rio would only send 3 guys giving the QB all day to wait for something to open up and the opposing team would pick up a 1st down.

Injury updates...Looks like the Broncos avoided the season ending injuries. Williams, Ward, and Vasquez will be day to day. Maybe better news is that Mathis didn't do anything to hurt his ankle more. Still can't believe he played in this game.

Really great to see that Manning was involved in the half time adjustments. I think he is doing a great job of squelching this idea that he is only in this for himself.

Top rated players from the game were Anderson +4.5, Sanders +3.3, Garcia +3.2, Marshall +2.8, Wolfe +2.5, Osweiler +2.4, and McManus +2.4

Before this past game the Patriots were 12-0 in games where it snowed.

Tom Brady has had 5 or more starts against 15 different teams. The Broncos are the only one that he has a losing record against at 5-6.

The Patriots under BB were a 104-3 in games where they lead by 14 points in the 4th quarter. Obviously now that record is 104-4.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are getting fired up for the rest of the season. I see blue skies - sunny days. What I really like about this bunch is they do have that something that seems to make a difference at the end of games.
....i'm sure next time we meet (unless the colts crush you) in January, it'll be a much much different/color = SKY....!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......hey,.....let us know how the ~parade~ went (tomorrow).......we want pics.....!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't know a cloud if you were enveloped in it!

And that's what makes you so much fun. Don't change!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Class dismissed. Seriously, before you post something with venom in it....ask your kid if it sounds childish and save yourself from embarrassment. You may think your impressing someone with those responses but quite frankly, your just making yourself look more foolish. Sure the term "grow up" has been within earshot many times in past . That being said, I`am also sure it won`t matter anyway. Sad.
Some cool stats from yesterday and the season on some...

The Broncos have now held their opponents to 0-28 this year on 3rd and 11 or longer situations. Probably nothing frustrated me more last year when we would have a team 3rd and 15 and Del Rio would only send 3 guys giving the QB all day to wait for something to open up and the opposing team would pick up a 1st down.

Injury updates...Looks like the Broncos avoided the season ending injuries. Williams, Ward, and Vasquez will be day to day. Maybe better news is that Mathis didn't do anything to hurt his ankle more. Still can't believe he played in this game.

Really great to see that Manning was involved in the half time adjustments. I think he is doing a great job of squelching this idea that he is only in this for himself.

Top rated players from the game were Anderson +4.5, Sanders +3.3, Garcia +3.2, Marshall +2.8, Wolfe +2.5, Osweiler +2.4, and McManus +2.4

Before this past game the Patriots were 12-0 in games where it snowed.

Tom Brady has had 5 or more starts against 15 different teams. The Broncos are the only one that he has a losing record against at 5-6.

The Patriots under BB were a 104-3 in games where they lead by 14 points in the 4th quarter. Obviously now that record is 104-4.
Oh thank God! Whew! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....i'm sure next time we meet (unless the colts crush you) in January, it'll be a much much different/color = SKY....!

Just fire and brimestone as the long arc of the moral universe bends toward the Broncos. ;)