• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos v Pats thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't know a cloud if you were enveloped in it!

And that's what makes you so much fun. Don't change!

I had a cat named cloudy.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is judging your personal life. I said you were a negative POSTER and I stand by that. I never pretended to know anything about you other than what you post, which I find to be overwhelmingly negative. If it bothers you that I think that, perhaps consider changing the way you post. If you don't care what I think, then why even respond? Just move on.

Easy now. We don`t want anyone to tear an ovary. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Colquitt has taken a step back this year and is a weak link. Giving Tom Brady the ball at midfield punting from the 20 is going to lose you games in this league. He did have a nice punt later but overall his punting this year has not been good

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Colquitt has taken a step back this year and is a weak link. Giving Tom Brady the ball at midfield punting from the 20 is going to lose you games in this league. He did have a nice punt later but overall his punting this year has not been good

Yes, Colquitt really let the team down on a few of those punts - I think that first one ( that led to the quick Pats score ) was 25 yards ..

Schofield was bad for the most part last night too

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am away from home on work this week and not able to follow along as closely as usual. I did get to see the game though. I am amazed at how a lot of Pats fans have turned the post game into an embarrassing bitch fest about the calls. A lot of non-calls benefitted them. Call holding on Von Miller even every other obvious example and you have an utter ass-beating here. Pats were in this game BECAUSE of the refs and want to bitch about a few calls that didn't go their way at the end. That's laughable. What's sad is the dialogue by a lot of analysts ignores the non calls that would have benefitted the Broncos. The officiating is out of control but it was finally balanced in the 4th quarter and look how that went for the Pats. We have a couple good Pats fans around here so I hope they don't take this too personally. But what a bitchy fan base.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gets me is very few Pats fans gave Denver credit for winning. Most of what I read was along the lines of "well, the Patriots were missing most of their offense, and still took it to OT... just wait til they're healthy.... blah, blah, blah." I swear, it's like the NFL didn't exist before 2001, and that the Patriots are just this unbeatable juggernaut, and if they do lose, it NEVER because the other team outplayed them or was better. Most come off as a bunch of jerks.

Okay. Rant over.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gets me is very few Pats fans gave Denver credit for winning. Most of what I read was along the lines of "well, the Patriots were missing most of their offense, and still took it to OT... just wait til they're healthy.... blah, blah, blah." I swear, it's like the NFL didn't exist before 2001, and that the Patriots are just this unbeatable juggernaut, and if they do lose, it NEVER because the other team outplayed them or was better. Most come off as a bunch of jerks.

Okay. Rant over.

Unfortunately, its how some fans are these days. They are not used to losing, like I am, and they expect to win. I remember sitting on the benches in old Foxboro Stadium watching Grogan play. Listening to them on the radio because they were not good enough to be on TV. Fans are spoiled these days.

I predicted NE to lose this game from the start. I am not going to make excuses at all. They had a 2 TD lead in the 4th, and then had a lead with less than 3 minutes to play. They flat out blew it, period. Offensive play calling with 245 left was flat out a joke. Defense folded and gave up the big plays. Hats off to Denver, kind of reminded me of the game in Gillette a few years back. DRC got hurt, Pats WR were able to get open. Welker muffed the punt....kind of the same game. Oh well, onto next week!! Good luck!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay. Rant over.

You're right. The Bronco's made the big plays when they had to. Took advantage of Patriots mistakes and mismatches as any team should etc. Even Osweiller unveiled his hidden Elway at the end. I also think CJ Anderson won the game for them too.

Still, I think what many Patriots fans are doing is pretty typical which is looking at what might have been with a few improvements, because it WAS a really close.

What happens next time, assuming they meet again is anyone's guess. Hell, maybe it will be Manning instead of Osweiller?

Manning instead of Brock? Any takers? Anyone?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The Bronco's made the big plays when they had to. Took advantage of Patriots mistakes and mismatches as any team should etc. Even Osweiller unveiled his hidden Elway at the end. I also think CJ Anderson won the game for them too.

Still, I think what many Patriots fans are doing is pretty typical which is looking at what might have been with a few improvements, because it WAS a really close.

What happens next time, assuming they meet again is anyone's guess. Hell, maybe it will be Manning instead of Osweiller?

This is just my opinion, but unless Brock seriously regresses or suffers an injury, Manning has already taken his last snap as Broncos quarterback.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem I think most are having though is not so much that the Pats realize a few plays different and obviously the game ends differently but more I have seen maybe 2 Patriot fans this whole week even give credit that the Broncos played a decent to good game. Most have blamed the officials, the fumble, or just dumb luck. It just seems to be that the Patriots only lose because of outside issues not because they got outplayed. Like I said I understand looking at a game and realizing a few plays different but Bronco fans can do that too and all of a sudden we have a blow out win. I mean we had a missed field goal, a sack that took us out of field goal range, and a tipped pass that lead to an interception and a touchdown for the Pats. Those 3 plays go differently and all of a sudden it is a blow out win for the Broncos.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I think most are having though is not so much that the Pats realize a few plays different and obviously the game ends differently but more I have seen maybe 2 Patriot fans this whole week even give credit that the Broncos played a decent to good game. Most have blamed the officials, the fumble, or just dumb luck. It just seems to be that the Patriots only lose because of outside issues not because they got outplayed. Like I said I understand looking at a game and realizing a few plays different but Bronco fans can do that too and all of a sudden we have a blow out win. I mean we had a missed field goal, a sack that took us out of field goal range, and a tipped pass that lead to an interception and a touchdown for the Pats. Those 3 plays go differently and all of a sudden it is a blow out win for the Broncos.

Not to mention a holding non-call on the Bolden TD pass. What should have been a 10 yard penalty for a pretty obvious hold on Ray was a scoring play that put the Pats up 21-7. The refs get a few penalties right and the Pats get their asses beat in this one.

Now it is absolutely fair of them to ponder the possibilities of Edelman and Amendola are healthy for a potential rematch. Those are big pieces of their offense and any fan will muse at how different it can be with key players returning. It's a non-starter to say they were missing Gronk because he played most of the game. The other fair consideration is the possibility a rematch takes place on their turf. You can't fault them for liking their chances in that one.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so take Manning out of the equation and you still have 15 Pro Bowls to that of 3.

Here's the thing... I'm not using injuries as an excuse but as a recognition that (as injuries are part of any game), some are more impactful to a particular game than others.

For example: In the beginning of the game, the Patriots run defense was pretty decent. Hightower goes down and it seemed the Denver running game gets a second wind. Was that due to:

1. Hightower going out
2. An inspired performance by CJ Anderson
3. The Run defense wearing down as the game progresses
4. Parts of all three.

The correct answer, of course, is 4 but as a Patriots fan, I noticed Hightower on the sidelines and went "uh oh" and dang if the Denver running game did suddenly get better.

I didn't follow the Denver D near as much so I can't comment as well on the loss of Ward. So I'll ask Denver fans did they notice the droppoff in the D after Ward went down?

Sooooo...

Even with all the All-Pros, imo the loss of Hightower was probably more significant than Ware being out.

I have no explanation for the throws by Osweiller at the end of the game btw. They were just on the money.

I like both Malcom Butler and Logan Ryan for the most part. Generally they're "pretty decent" but they can be beat from time to time.

(Obviously all games are like this and Denver absolutely deserves the win, but for the next one?? ;))

Last edited: