• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos @ Las Vegas Week 16 2021

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the contest, it was Vegas and under

SS - 2 points
DC - 1 point
Mega - 1
OC - 0

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst offensive games I’ve ever seen in 30 years as a fan. 158 total yards 1/10 on 3rd down, but ZERO turnovers.

Defense creates 3 turnovers and we cant win..

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any doubt how terrible Shurmur is?

7 carries for Williams; that’s not fireable, that’s a capital offense. Close the team plane before Pat can get on, leave him in Vegas. Let him get a job on UNLV’s staff or something…

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, at this point I’m ok with more or less shutting him down for the year. Save the wear and tear on a season where we are going somewhere - we now know what we have with him.

and I would say that the OL didn’t exactly carve out any daylight to run toward.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, at this point I’m ok with more or less shutting him down for the year. Save the wear and tear on a season where we are going somewhere - we now know what we have with him.

and I would say that the OL didn’t exactly carve out any daylight to run toward.
perhaps Cush is more valuable than people give him credit for.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a tough season to watch
outside of Javonte the young offensive talent did nothing and when they needed it in crunch time they really failed miserably .

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cushenberry was #31 on this list last year. He’s improved. I’m not sure if there’s more improvement available there or not. He HAS been durable prior to this Covid crap. I’m not sure what’s up with the interior of the OL, but they played like shite tonight.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it 17-13 final it seemed like 34-13 all 2nd half

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that the defense giving up only 17 points and having a great game is pretty deceiving. A great defense gets off the field as well as holding the opponent‘s score down. I find it pretty hard to believe that the Broncos had possesign of the ball exactly once in the 4th quarter. That means that the Raiders possessed it for 12 minutes in that quarter. In total during the second half the Broncos had only three offensive possessions.

Not good enough.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that the defense giving up only 17 points and having a great game is pretty deceiving. A great defense gets off the field as well as holding the opponent‘s score down. I find it pretty hard to believe that the Broncos had possesign of the ball exactly once in the 4th quarter. That means that the Raiders possessed it for 12 minutes in that quarter. In total during the second half the Broncos had only three offensive possessions.

Not good enough.

Definitely. As I mentioned in my comment to DJ, the Raiders had a great defensive game plan. They knew that we’re best at running the ball and they shut that down better than any team has this year.

And Shurmur had zero answers for what to do if the run game couldn’t get going. Very sad to see from an OC that has been in the league as long as he has.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not good enough.
this is true . they did not play well by a 1/4 mile however they made up for the bad play by giving the offense 3 turnovers. it’s like Mahomes throwing 5 TDs and 4 Ints. like the end of the game. the defense will get chided for that pass and not getting the ball back but what about the 2 other times they got the ball back for the O and it did nothing and tried 2 long 55 yard FGs.

17 points allows with a plus 3 turnovers margin should win an NFL game but the offense was worst than the D by a mile.

maybe paton better sign Cush because the run game was beyond horrible.

10 of the 13 points was gifted by the D.

had Raiders had ruggs and waller it’s probably a 38-13 blowout.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true . they did not play well by a 1/4 mile however they made up for the bad play by giving the offense 3 turnovers. it’s like Mahomes throwing 5 TDs and 4 Ints. like the end of the game. the defense will get chided for that pass and not getting the ball back but what about the 2 other times they got the ball back for the O and it did nothing and tried 2 long 55 yard FGs.

17 points allows with a plus 3 turnovers margin should win an NFL game but the offense was worst than the D by a mile.

maybe paton better sign Cush because the run game was beyond horrible.
Oh, I wasn’t saying they were totally to blame. And the one TD we scored was only because of the D. But it’s not a dominating performance when you give you run after run after run - and you know it is coming.

Oh, and I didn’t think Lock had a bad game. A couple “should have been“ catches by Jeudy and Albert O could have made a big difference.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I wasn’t saying they were totally to blame. And the one TD we scored was only because of the D. But it’s not a dominating performance when you give you run after run after run - and you know it is coming.

Oh, and I didn’t think Lock had a bad game. A couple “should have been“ catches by Jeudy and Albert O could have made a big difference.
yes. i think bottom line is the Defense is NFL quality and the offense is not NFL quality. bad OC bad QB and the receivers don’t show up

JJ is creeping up on bust status.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might as well admit it - there's some stuff I can't figure out, but a professional coach should have figured out. The Broncos one of the top rushing teams in the league - got stuffed by a Raiders team 26th in run D. Meanwhile - just to add to the humiliation - the Raiders 30th in the NFL rushing attack - chews up yards against the top 5 run D in the NFL?

Apparently, Schmur answered the question in his mind - which was - can Lock win with the Bridgewater gameplan? Brilliant! Just Brilliant! And - who knew the receivers would pick up on that idea and joined in by letting Lock passes whistle through their hands on crucial plays? Also - now we know why Cushenberry always starts.

Fire the Offensive staff and the Special Teams coach and have Paton hire the coaches with Fangio as his "advisor." This maybe be Fangio's finest year as a Defensive coach.

This might be the first year in my fandom when I had a love/hate relationship with the Broncos. It sucks - make changes. Find out which players are interested enough to come back in the last couple of games.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is why Fangios plan to win in the nfl does not work. if your D gives up just one bad series you lose

yesterday the first drive of the 2nd half was not good and the one play to Boyd the previous week is all it took to win the games. the offense is not good enough / creativity for this modern NFL. this fake jet sweep is really stupid.