• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colorado Buffaloes are enjoying a revival of sorts in the 2016 season, and one big part of that is cornerback Chidobe Awuzie. At 6'0" and close to 200 pounds, Awuzie has NFL size, speed and instincts. He's also aggressive enough to stack up against the run and make plays at the line of scrimmage in both press coverage and against the run.

Awuzie hasn't generated the hype of other first-round cornerbacks such as Marlon Humphrey or Jalen Tabor, but his play is approaching that level, and he's doing it without the elite talent around him on the Buffs defense.

To reach top-tier status, Awuzie needs to generate more turnovers—he has three picks in his career so far—but he has the tools to be a Desmond Trufant-style cornerback.

Current Projection: Round 2

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colorado Buffaloes are enjoying a revival of sorts in the 2016 season, and one big part of that is cornerback Chidobe Awuzie. At 6'0" and close to 200 pounds, Awuzie has NFL size, speed and instincts. He's also aggressive enough to stack up against the run and make plays at the line of scrimmage in both press coverage and against the run.

Awuzie hasn't generated the hype of other first-round cornerbacks such as Marlon Humphrey or Jalen Tabor, but his play is approaching that level, and he's doing it without the elite talent around him on the Buffs defense.

To reach top-tier status, Awuzie needs to generate more turnovers—he has three picks in his career so far—but he has the tools to be a Desmond Trufant-style cornerback.

Current Projection: Round 2

Who do you think we talked about all summer while you were trying to speak love in a dozen European languages?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think we talked about all summer while you were trying to speak love in a dozen European languages?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

BTW,

I said it once but incase Doc missed it on his love triangle.

Chidobe = Antoine Winfield to me!

I love, I love, I love!

Also Florida CB Quincy Wilson is soaring up my charts.

And Dic's Sid the Kid Jones of Washington is a true baller in the lines of the next great Washington CB following Trufant and Marcus Peters.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing Treston Decoud CB for the OSU Beavers play today. I hear he is pretty good and 6'3" 210 lbs. Trouble is - everyone passes away from him due to a target rich Dbackfield.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My number 1 want going into the draft right now is a good corner going forward. Having those 3 good guys is SO important along with the safeties coming down. We got the safeties last year, we need a good match up corner

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... four weeks into the season... never too early to start looking into next offseason.

what are going to be our offseason positions of need?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB (Might be BPA choice over need)
T
DT/DE

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about TE? Guard? maybe a slot/KR/PR type of guy? I agree with you about your other positions though for sure. I would even have 5 tech and nt as separate needs lol i think we need to walk out of this draft with at least 2 defensive lineman

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about TE? Guard? maybe a slot/KR/PR type of guy? I agree with you about your other positions though for sure. I would even have 5 tech and nt as separate needs lol i think we need to walk out of this draft with at least 2 defensive lineman

I was thinking RD1 only :) this soon. TE is on my list in Rd 2 though :)

I agree about Slot PR KR and G

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh for round 1 only i agree 100%. i would lean towards CB right now because this tackle class looks really uninspiring

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well positions I see

TE--Green is good and I like him as our starter but he has had trouble staying healthy and we need more depth at the position anyway. Plus I do think we can upgrade even over Green as both a pass/run blocker and receiver from the position. Plus having 2 quality TE's only gives us more versatility in playcalling.

OG--I keep waiting for Garcia to have that potential really show up as production. So far this year though he has really struggled. I thought he looked better as a rookie last year compared to this year. Just is getting caught reaching and guys are able to throw him to the side. Still holding out hope that he gets it figured out but even if he does OG depth is still an issue unless McGovern really develops quickly.

OT--No clue what the team plans to do with Okung. Even if they keep him again though depth is needed.

DE--Really I am a firm believer that you should be drafting to help out in the trenches on both sides of the ball every year. Might be losing Sly, Walker, and maybe others. So getting some depth for the DE/NT position would be a good idea.

Corner--Again just no clue what the team does with Talib. If we keep him then maybe don't need to use a high draft pick on the position but no matter what still will need something. Roby will be entering his what 4th year so that means we still have him for 2-years but Webster would be possibly gone and no clue what we have behind Webster yet. So again position that needs depth and possible starter quality player down the road. Keep this position filled with quality to keep our defense looking great!

Safety--We might be losing Stewart. I really hope not because I honestly think he was truly that piece this defense was missing in 2014. He is a missile when hitting people and is actually pretty good in coverage. He fits this defense perfectly. If he goes though more depth for the Safety position is needed.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well positions I see

TE--Green is good and I like him as our starter but he has had trouble staying healthy and we need more depth at the position anyway. Plus I do think we can upgrade even over Green as both a pass/run blocker and receiver from the position. Plus having 2 quality TE's only gives us more versatility in playcalling.

OG--I keep waiting for Garcia to have that potential really show up as production. So far this year though he has really struggled. I thought he looked better as a rookie last year compared to this year. Just is getting caught reaching and guys are able to throw him to the side. Still holding out hope that he gets it figured out but even if he does OG depth is still an issue unless McGovern really develops quickly.

OT--No clue what the team plans to do with Okung. Even if they keep him again though depth is needed.

DE--Really I am a firm believer that you should be drafting to help out in the trenches on both sides of the ball every year. Might be losing Sly, Walker, and maybe others. So getting some depth for the DE/NT position would be a good idea.

Corner--Again just no clue what the team does with Talib. If we keep him then maybe don't need to use a high draft pick on the position but no matter what still will need something. Roby will be entering his what 4th year so that means we still have him for 2-years but Webster would be possibly gone and no clue what we have behind Webster yet. So again position that needs depth and possible starter quality player down the road. Keep this position filled with quality to keep our defense looking great!

Safety--We might be losing Stewart. I really hope not because I honestly think he was truly that piece this defense was missing in 2014. He is a missile when hitting people and is actually pretty good in coverage. He fits this defense perfectly. If he goes though more depth for the Safety position is needed.

truer words never spoken my friend.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to combine norwood's position into an all purpose slot WR and dynamic KR/PR type... our defense is great but having a guy who can flip field positions better would really take this entire team over the top. It's a luxury i know, but dammit its what i want haha

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has lots of ammo and so few needs for 2017 draft at this point ty John. We can do alot of things. I expect Denver to keep Okung

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to combine norwood's position into an all purpose slot WR and dynamic KR/PR type... our defense is great but having a guy who can flip field positions better would really take this entire team over the top. It's a luxury i know, but dammit its what i want haha

It has been a while since we have not only had somebody we can trust to not muff the punt but then also be a dynamic punt returner. Huge weapon if you can find one but not always easy to find that then combined with them being a quality WR. Tyler Lockette would have been a very nice draft pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has lots of ammo and so few needs for 2017 draft at this point ty John. We can do alot of things. I expect Denver to keep Okung

Unless he goes down with a serious injury I agree they will keep him. They have the cap space right now where they don't really have to cut anybody and no real pressing contracts they have to get done with getting Sanders, Marshall, and Miller all locked up long-term.

And yeah I agree they can go a lot of ways in the draft and I think we will see Elway continue with his trend of being aggressive and if he sees a player falling further than they expected being willing to trade up and get who they want. I do think he regrets not doing that in 2013. They really wanted Xavier Rhodes from what I understand and that kid has turned into a star.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a while since we have not only had somebody we can trust to not muff the punt but then also be a dynamic punt returner. Huge weapon if you can find one but not always easy to find that then combined with them being a quality WR. Tyler Lockette would have been a very nice draft pick.

I wanted Lockette bad but, yeah we need to find a dynamic returner esp with so few needs .

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh lockett would be great lol that is the type of guy i want. again, not so much a need as a want lol