• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more technique issues. he was getting stood up but he looks to have that speed to power ability with long arms and a frame to add more muscle and weight. Watching the Auburn Clemson game now (the auburn defensive snaps) and he is still playing great. Right now he is projected in the 2nd or 3rd. I could see him going higher if he develops more. Was a very high prospect out of high school too.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also plays meannn. a bull.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more technique issues. he was getting stood up but he looks to have that speed to power ability with long arms and a frame to add more muscle and weight. Watching the Auburn Clemson game now (the auburn defensive snaps) and he is still playing great. Right now he is projected in the 2nd or 3rd. I could see him going higher if he develops more. Was a very high prospect out of high school too.

I watched the game you posted against LSU and they had another one on there I think against Fresno. He showed better strength and get off in that one compared to the LSU game. Just seemed like he struggled in the LSU game to get much push beyond his first initial burst. In fact saw them do a good job of catching him after that first step then getting some leverage and driving him back.

I actually do think though he is a great fit for our system. I'm just not sure he is a day 1 impact type guy. I see him as a rotational player while they really work on building up his frame then year 2 being where we really see the potential of a kid like him. Heck I would say the same thing about Gotsis for us this year. He has all the tools you look for but technique is not great, leverage for Gotsis is all over the board, and his football IQ honestly is a bit lacking. I think he is a fast learner though just his lack of football experience can definitely be seen in the games he is playing and that the team right now doesn't fully trust him to hold up other than a few plays here and there.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game you posted against LSU and they had another one on there I think against Fresno. He showed better strength and get off in that one compared to the LSU game. Just seemed like he struggled in the LSU game to get much push beyond his first initial burst. In fact saw them do a good job of catching him after that first step then getting some leverage and driving him back.

I actually do think though he is a great fit for our system. I'm just not sure he is a day 1 impact type guy. I see him as a rotational player while they really work on building up his frame then year 2 being where we really see the potential of a kid like him. Heck I would say the same thing about Gotsis for us this year. He has all the tools you look for but technique is not great, leverage for Gotsis is all over the board, and his football IQ honestly is a bit lacking. I think he is a fast learner though just his lack of football experience can definitely be seen in the games he is playing and that the team right now doesn't fully trust him to hold up other than a few plays here and there.

Exactly. I'm not naming Adams as a top level prospect either, but his skillset seems to be something we could use and i think he could end up being one of the better 5 techs in the draft. Not looking for an immediate guy but a guy who could be a good starter year 2/3 on his contract. I would love him round 2 at this point

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not draft eligible, but love PSU RB Saquon Barkley. Love the way he runs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how everybody else does these evaluation processes when watching these guys. I usually start out pretty harsh early on. As more snaps become available I'm willing to ease up a bit and of course then when comparing them to some of the others at their position maybe have a bit more of an understanding. Also try to work to understand what the responsibility is of some of these guys on a given play. Such as at the DE position sometimes their job is not the shoot the gap but take on a couple of blockers to keep the linebacker free. So doesn't look that great for the DE but if the linebacker comes in behind them and makes a great play I do credit the DE for being part of why that linebacker had the chance to make that play.

So the guys I have watched so far

Davon Dochaux--The best first initial burst that you like to see. I like most of the rest of his game though. Does a great job of holding his spot if he does get stopped. He actually uses his hands more than most to get guys off of him. Is willing to fight through traffic to try and make a play. And honestly some of the better awareness I have seen in a DE. It is not just getting off your block but then being able to find the ball carrier and make a play. I saw him do that quite a few times the little I have watched. Now I've only watched a little of him but he does have weird tendency sometimes when double teamed to spin while being blocked and turn his back to the blockers and then try to drive them backwards. Not sure what is going on but saw that happen enough that it stood out to me.

Caleb Brantley--I've watched a couple of his games now from last year. Looked like teams were more afraid of him than they were of Bullard. Saw Brantley get double teamed almost the entire time. Does a good job splitting double teams. Doesn't have the top end speed so sometimes his efforts seem to get him there just a split second late. Might be more of a NT than a DE in our scheme. Still wouldn't mind if we got him at all. He looks like a guy that wants to take somebodies head off.

Carlos Watkins--Honestly not a fan. Frame wise maybe what we are looking for with being a bit longer player but he just doesn't use it well and is a bit of a slow mover. His first move seems to be up instead of firing down field. Doesn't always have the best awareness either as saw a few times the ball carrier just run right by him. A lot of people have him as a guy to watch out for this year but right now the little I have watched I am not one of those.

Jonathan Allen--Should never have watched this kid. We stand little to no chance of having a shot at him but this kid is exactly what you are looking for. Has a great first step, violent with his hands, great foot quickness, can hold the LOS in the run game. Again though pipe dream that we would even stand a chance outside of the top-15 of getting him.

Malik McDowell--Not sure why I watch these guys that we stand very little chance of actually getting. This is another guy that is just down right impressive. First game I watched of him the first 6 plays he either tackled the runner for 0 or negative yards or got a sack or hit the QB. Here is a kid that has great speed that he uses to throw players off balance. He has great use with his hands. For an inside guy has quite a few moves that he uses instead of just relying on his athleticism. Maybe not the strongest guy on the block but I think a year in an NFL weight room combined with his superior speed and this kid could be special. Again though most likely a top-15 pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list Carl.

Love Caleb Brantley. Gets great pressure and plays the run well. Very active and I have never seen him really take a play off. I loved Bullard, but Brantley probably has a better overall balance/game.

Malik McDowell may be my fav DL in the nation. He came out and said he wouldn't declare if he didn't get a top 5 overall draft grade. Not sure I believe that. I'd guess he goes if he gets top 15. He should get a top 10 grade.

I am with you on Carlos Watkins. He has the tools but he doesnt stand out to me. A bit of a project but could really change my mind with a good year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can keep stewart and let ward go? just slide stewart over to strong safety and put simmons at top?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong i love ward but stewart is a better player right now imo. way better in coverage

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy looks like a freak. raw and hasn't gone against much good competition, but man... a few years under kollar and he could be special. I imagine him killing the combine.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just from looking at him i think he is pry a better fit at heavy DE in a 4-3 but he could play 5 tech. He is big and long but might be too tall for the interior (has issues with leverage) and with his frame idk how much more stout he could become without sacrificing explosiveness. Wouldn't mind him round 3 though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh DT/DE Davon Godchaux was arrested today for domestic abuse battery/child endangerment and false imprisonment. Sounds like some pretty serious charges being brought against this kid. His draft stock just tumbled to the point that he might not be draftable any longer if those charges hold up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh DT/DE Davon Godchaux was arrested today for domestic abuse battery/child endangerment and false imprisonment. Sounds like some pretty serious charges being brought against this kid. His draft stock just tumbled to the point that he might not be draftable any longer if those charges hold up.

I swear LSU prospects.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Mike McGlinchey OT Norte Dame
Never a bad idea to load the trenches. Plays very technical and mean. Too tall for guard, but can be a very good tackle going forward. Elway will draft LT, Pass rush, or CB round 1 I can almost guarantee it.
2. Jake Butt TE Michigan
Prime Owen Daniels Reincarnate. He may go round 1 but I will pencil him here for now.
3. Jamar Summers CB UCONN
Physcial with length. Talib eventual replacement
3ci. Montravius Adams DE/DT Auburn
I really like what I see from this kid. Long strong and quick. Needs to do better with his motor and stamina but should be a very good 5 tech. Athletic enough to play DE and big/strong enough to play DT in 4-3.
3cii. Vincent Taylor NT/DT Oklahoma St
a plug monster. Destroys run lanes while being able to bullrush to the qb.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watched much of Chris Wormley DE for Michigan? Got voted as a captain of the defense and has a great motor. I've watched a couple of his games and he looks like a little lesser version of Derek Wolfe. Needs some major work on technique as rarely uses his hands but has a great first step, has the strength to hold up at the point of attack. So really just needs a great coach to show him how to use his hands to better get in the backfield.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway does whatever it takes to get Peppers from Michigan. Couple players, couple draft picks....:)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
—LSU defensive lineman Davon Godchaux was gaining buzz in the scouting world heading into last weekend. Then news broke thatGodchaux would be suspended after he was arrested on charges of domestic abuse battery/child endangerment and false imprisonment.

Those charges were dropped, and Godchaux's suspension was lifted, according to Jim Kleinpeter of the Times-Picayune. A massive defensive line prospect, the 6'4", 299-pounder's status for this weekend's game against Missouri is unknown.