• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

I am with you on Howard. I like him he has a lot of upside, but other then the bowl game last year he hasn't fully put it together.

At this stage I am higher on Hodges, Engram and Butt. Maybe even Kittle and Sprinkle and Gerald Everett.

I am with Doc. Probably don't need to grab a TE in round 1, but it also depends on "who we fall in love with"

Something tells me we might really like Evan Engram. Just my hunch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

I am with you on Howard. I like him he has a lot of upside, but other then the bowl game last year he hasn't fully put it together.

At this stage I am higher on Hodges, Engram and Butt. Maybe even Kittle and Sprinkle and Gerald Everett.

I am with Doc. Probably don't need to grab a TE in round 1, but it also depends on "who we fall in love with"

Something tells me we might really like Evan Engram. Just my hunch.

I've watched a few of Howard's games. From what I have seen he definitely can be a big time playmaker. I just don't think he would be that consistent playmaker that you would want. I also just haven't seen enough of him making plays around the red zone. To me the type of TE that I like is the one that can make the tough catches in the Red Zone. They are a match up nightmare with their size and strength so if they can win those contested catches just makes your offense that much more deadly. Honestly I liked Julius Thomas because of him being such a threat in the Red Zone. Health, his lack of wanting to learn to become a better run blocker, and just his overall attitude though made it impossible to pay him what he wanted. Still that type of threat is something we have been missing since he left. I think that is what they envisioned Heuerman being. Well he will get his chance this weekend with Green limping around a bit.

And yeah I like Hodges and Butt so far partly because they are good all-around TE's. They don't have superior athleticism but they catch most everything thrown their way and are decent blockers on top of that. Have to go watch some of Engram now. I usually don't start my draft evaluation process this early in the year. I don't watch a lot of College football during the season as my wife has decided Thursday, Sunday, and Monday is enough football for the week. So usually wait until they start getting more videos out where they just highlight a certain player and show their plays for the game. Thankfully you and Doc are throwing out some names that has given me a chance to go look at some these guys a bit earlier. So I appreciate that there are others on this board doing the ground work.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched one of Engram's games. Maybe I watched the wrong one so going to hold off all judgment but it was not his best game I hope. He had 3 dropped passes with one of them going off his hands for a big game changing interception. Blocking wise he either made the critical block that opened everything up or completely whiffed. He didn't really attack a guy blocking wise as more just try and get in the way.

At least right now I would lean Hodges and Butt over Engram.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like some of the tape of davon godchaux. he looks like a long strong 5 tech. didn't have a good game against wisconsin this year but his tape last year is good

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like some of the tape of davon godchaux. he looks like a long strong 5 tech. didn't have a good game against wisconsin this year but his tape last year is good

Yeah I figured some today I would try to check out some DT/DE's 5-tech types. Any names other than the ones you have mentioned that I should take a look at?

Honestly at this point I am starting to lean towards defense being the way we go in the 1st round. Elway has shown he prefers to go defense early and offense later. At least if Okung stays healthy I think the OL should be pretty set for next year. So the defense is where we might see a couple of holes develop depending if we keep Talib and how we decide to hit FA next off season. I wouldn't mind one bit trying to bring back Walker as I think he is a quality starting DE. Still need depth though and he is only a short term solution.

And the more I think about it I'm starting to think we might keep Talib past this year. Reports are coming out that with no evidence to disprove Talib's story of somebody running by and shooting him then running off the police are leaning more and more to no charges against Talib and the league then is leaning towards no suspension. If that is the case and Talib keeps playing like he is then I could see the team keeping him. They have plenty of cap space even with Talib's deal against the Cap. They can still draft a guy early or later in the draft to add to the Corner depth and let that player develop for a year. Probably just depends how we feel about Roby moving forward and whether we re-sign Webster or not. If we don't re-sign Webster I wouldn't mind keeping Talib another year but still going ahead and using a 1st or 2nd round pick on a Corner.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly not many jumping out to me. I'm picky with my dline haha i need them to be long and i need them to have explosive burst. I can say I like what I have seen from Jarron Jones but he hasn't really played much this year and I have liked some of what I have seen from Godchaux. Also gotta love demarcus walker but i think he is better as a LDE in a 4-3.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Taylor from Oklahoma State also rising quickly.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching my first montravius adams... and i like what I see from him.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok added to mancrush list: Montravius Adams

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely see CB, OT, DE and TE as our main needs going into the draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched one of Engram's games. Maybe I watched the wrong one so going to hold off all judgment but it was not his best game I hope. He had 3 dropped passes with one of them going off his hands for a big game changing interception. Blocking wise he either made the critical block that opened everything up or completely whiffed. He didn't really attack a guy blocking wise as more just try and get in the way.

At least right now I would lean Hodges and Butt over Engram.

Curious, what game did you watch?

Have you watched him vs Florida State or Alabama this year yet?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like engram but i wish he were bigger. I think we need that size in the red zone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, what game did you watch?

Have you watched him vs Florida State or Alabama this year yet?

I watched the Florida State game. Like I said I saw a lot of good and a lot of bad. Just some dropped passes that I thought should have been caught. He had one go off his hands get tipped in the air and it lead to an interception. That was a pass he should have caught so not only negative in he dropped a catchable pass but then it lead to a huge play for the other team.

Then blocking wise he just doesn't have that aggressive attitude of attacking a defender. I saw him more run to the guy then almost just stop and try to get in the way rather than take his guy out of the picture. Yet there were other times I saw them decide to run it behind him and he would actually do that.

So honestly that is why I am torn on him after watching one game. I see the high upside and I see when he really commits to the play this guy could be something special but I also see the huge mistakes that also hurt his team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Engram isn't a big blocker which is why he also like Hodges did not declare last year.

Engram had a great game vs FSU and Bama stat wise. I missed a lot of the second half of the FSU game so if you say he dropped some passes then he must have. :)

Something tells me Engram ends up on the friggin Patriots in two TE sets where he won't have to be used as a blocker as much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Engram isn't a big blocker which is why he also like Hodges did not declare last year.

Engram had a great game vs FSU and Bama stat wise. I missed a lot of the second half of the FSU game so if you say he dropped some passes then he must have. :)

Something tells me Engram ends up on the friggin Patriots in two TE sets where he won't have to be used as a blocker as much.

Yeah the 2nd half was not his best work. At the beginning of the game I was pretty impressed even with some of his route running which is rare for a TE. Second half the entire Ole Miss team fell apart. Like I said I need to watch more because a few dropped passes like that will happen from time to time.

Anybody watched any Jonathan Allen yet the DE for Alabama? Stats wise looks like a beast. Have to watch some of him when I get back from lunch.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 2nd half was not his best work. At the beginning of the game I was pretty impressed even with some of his route running which is rare for a TE. Second half the entire Ole Miss team fell apart. Like I said I need to watch more because a few dropped passes like that will happen from time to time.

Anybody watched any Jonathan Allen yet the DE for Alabama? Stats wise looks like a beast. Have to watch some of him when I get back from lunch.

Yeah I'm not even looking at him right now cuz i think he is a top 20 guy (maybe top 10)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not even looking at him right now cuz i think he is a top 20 guy (maybe top 10)

I just started watching him and yeah I doubt he makes it out of the top-20 unless he has an injury or off the field issue. He is explosive. He has an incredible punch to throw OL off balance and then the foot quickness to really push up field and make a play. He is perfect for our system but a lot of teams are going to fall in love with this kid.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i consistently see him in the top 5-10 in drafts. Long way to go in the draft process though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He definitely has that initial burst that you want when running our 1-gap attacking system. I worry about functional strength though. Seems like if the OL could absorb that first burst then Adam's didn't have the strength to really knock the guy away and then go make a play. I would say he is the type of player that would need a year or so just being in an NFL training facility to add the strength and punch to make that speed dangerous.