• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a couple of his games and man that kid in this system would have a crazy career and make LB's hate their job every time we play them. Truly one of the few TE's at least at this point that I would like DC think about drafting in the 1st round. Would make our offense that much more deadly and difficult to defend.
So many TE's bust that it makes me nervous haha i would rather take a solid guy in the 2nd or 3rd like a butt or hodges.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many TE's bust that it makes me nervous haha i would rather take a solid guy in the 2nd or 3rd like a butt or hodges.

I've watched some of Butt and really like his game so wouldn't mind him at all. Haven't watched Hodges yet. And I do agree there are a lot of TE's especially 1st round TE's that seem to bust these days or at least never live up to the hype. Still Howard just has that rare size/speed/power combination that is hard to ignore. I wish we could see him make some more catches with guys actually around him. Part of the problem is his speed gets him such separation that his catches are rarely contested. That is my big hesitation from taking him 1st round as the NFL will not give him 10 yards of space to make catches.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is more route running. He is sloppy. They aren't developing him as a technician at all in that regard.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is more route running. He is sloppy. They aren't developing him as a technician at all in that regard.

Good point that is an issue as well. Although not many players anymore seem to come into the league being great technicians of the game. It is so hard to watch WR's these days because of just how little they are taught of the little things of the game. My grandpa used to coach me at the WR position and we would spend hours every single day just working on my footwork and route running to help me get open in games. We worked on the proper way to catch a football. We worked on the entire route tree even though everywhere I played really only had about 3-4 routes for me to run in an actual game. So definitely makes it hard to evaluate these guys any more as all you can really look at is their hands, speed, jumping ability, ability to make people miss, and so on. The little things that make the good WR's great in this league just are completely missing. Manning honestly helped turn DT from an athletic WR into one of the best 7 WR's in the game right now.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point that is an issue as well. Although not many players anymore seem to come into the league being great technicians of the game. It is so hard to watch WR's these days because of just how little they are taught of the little things of the game. My grandpa used to coach me at the WR position and we would spend hours every single day just working on my footwork and route running to help me get open in games. We worked on the proper way to catch a football. We worked on the entire route tree even though everywhere I played really only had about 3-4 routes for me to run in an actual game. So definitely makes it hard to evaluate these guys any more as all you can really look at is their hands, speed, jumping ability, ability to make people miss, and so on. The little things that make the good WR's great in this league just are completely missing. Manning honestly helped turn DT from an athletic WR into one of the best 7 WR's in the game right now.

agreed but it does make a difference. I see a great athlete but his awareness on madden would be pretty low. screams vernon davis lol i would rather bring in a corner, tackle, or pass rusher round 1 and find a more than serviceable TE round 2 or 3 (with our 4 picks we have). Just my thoughts at least.

Also u should watch hodges.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed but it does make a difference. I see a great athlete but his awareness on madden would be pretty low. screams vernon davis lol i would rather bring in a corner, tackle, or pass rusher round 1 and find a more than serviceable TE round 2 or 3 (with our 4 picks we have). Just my thoughts at least.

I thought we had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds? Sorry, I am being lazy and have not looked that up.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds? Sorry, I am being lazy and have not looked that up.

We do. i was just counting round 2 and 3 (one in the 2nd and three in the 3rd)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the comp picks aren't released yet but we are pretty certain who will get what pick lol im still kinda salty because our comp pick for trevathan is predicted to be one off from being a 4th, so instead it will be the first comp pick in the 5th

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for NC State TE/FB Jaylen Samuels. He is just a JR, but he is really really good. He plays the h-back spot.

You all know I like Howard, Butt and Hodges.

A player i mentioned earlier.

TE Miss- Evan Engram. Watch this guy if you get a chance.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for NC State TE/FB Jaylen Samuels. He is just a JR, but he is really really good. He plays the h-back spot.

I worry he is too small. He is more of a move TE rather than an inline. but he is talented. should be used like aaron hernandez in the nfl

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Denver drafted Butt, the QB/TE combo could be known as the Butt Pirate

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jizz in the Butt for some TDs all day

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jizz in the Butt for some TDs all day

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and honestly did picture Vernon Davis when watching this kid a bit which is what excites you with the ridiculous athleticism but scares you with just the raw talent side of things. Vernon Davis could have been an all-time player if he really wanted to be. He needed to work on the technical side of the game but his entire life all he had to do was be more athletic than the guy across from him and that was enough. He settled for being just good enough instead of striving for greatness.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts are buzzing about Washington CB Sidney Jones. The Huskies' CB1 toils in relative anonymity in the Pacific Northwest, but scouts are already touting him as one of the elites at the position. I had an NFC scout call Jones the "real deal" after recently making a school visit. When I've studied Jones on tape, I've been impressed with his competitiveness, athleticism and technical skills. He can play nose to nose in press coverage or use a backpedal to shadow receivers from distance. Most impressively, he is an alpha dog on the edge, exhibiting a feistiness that will make him an ideal CB1 prospect to play against big-bodied receivers on the edges. Jones neutralized USC WR JuJu Schuster-Smith in their matchup a season ago, and his standout performance cemented his status as an up-and-comer. If he continues to build on the skills that he's displayed as a young player, there isn't any reason why he couldn't be the top corner in college football when it's all said and done. -- Bucky Brooks

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts are buzzing about Washington CB Sidney Jones. The Huskies' CB1 toils in relative anonymity in the Pacific Northwest, but scouts are already touting him as one of the elites at the position. I had an NFC scout call Jones the "real deal" after recently making a school visit. When I've studied Jones on tape, I've been impressed with his competitiveness, athleticism and technical skills. He can play nose to nose in press coverage or use a backpedal to shadow receivers from distance. Most impressively, he is an alpha dog on the edge, exhibiting a feistiness that will make him an ideal CB1 prospect to play against big-bodied receivers on the edges. Jones neutralized USC WR JuJu Schuster-Smith in their matchup a season ago, and his standout performance cemented his status as an up-and-comer. If he continues to build on the skills that he's displayed as a young player, there isn't any reason why he couldn't be the top corner in college football when it's all said and done. -- Bucky Brooks

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like the real deal for sure. Personally though, Pac 12 players scare me anymore at least the last 5 years or so. Not many 1-2 rd guys have really amounted to their hype as NFL prospects. As a coach, I would be leary of drafting any Pac12 players at least in first two rds. Look at the the players from there that have gone top two recently. Not very impressive I'll guess just off my memory. I could be wrong here. Now McCaffrey and the Washington Db look legit though.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I bet we take several TE this draft that in mid rounds

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like the real deal for sure. Personally though, Pac 12 players scare me anymore at least the last 5 years or so. Not many 1-2 rd guys have really amounted to their hype as NFL prospects. As a coach, I would be leary of drafting any Pac12 players at least in first two rds. Look at the the players from there that have gone top two recently. Not very impressive I'll guess just off my memory. I could be wrong here. Now McCaffrey and the Washington Db look legit though.

Pac-12 player won Defensive Rookie of the Year last year if I remember right.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 player won Defensive Rookie of the Year last year if I remember right.

If you want to point fingers at a weak conference, let me give u the pac 12 lol (even though both our starting cbs are from kansas... wtf is with that lol)