• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. I obviously hope for the best with him.
I think he's more than ready to start if any of the top 3 go down to injury. My question is how Layne fits into the puzzle. Loved the kid's tape when they drafted him and thought he was a steal.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us relive this draft.

TJ Watt
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Cameron Sutton
James Conner
Joshua Dobbs
Brian Allen
Colin Holba
Keion Adams

Dobbs, Allen, Holba and Adams aren't on the team anymore. Conner and Sutton have been huge disappointments. JuJu and TJ have been really the only highs of this draft.

This was a stellar draft. An All-Pro and two other Pro-Bowlers came out of this draft.

Watt and Smith-Schuster are both in the top players at their position in the league.

Sutton is a core DB, and has been a crucial nickel back this past season. Conner might be injury prone, and faced a lot of adversity with the backup QB's not providing much of an aerial threat, but you got that out of a 3rd rounder? Hell yes. And with Ben back, he's going to have a bounce back season. A big part of Conner's game is receiving, and Mason and Duck fucking suck at their job.

You won't find many teams having a better draft than this, even with the bottom half being straight trash.

Not every pick is going to hit. But this draft was a Home Run.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's more than ready to start if any of the top 3 go down to injury. My question is how Layne fits into the puzzle. Loved the kid's tape when they drafted him and thought he was a steal.

I was hyped up when we drafted Justin Layne. I really think he'll shine this year. Haden, Nelson, Sutton and Layne now that Burns is gone. It's definitely time for the young guys to shine and learn from Joe Haden.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hyped up when we drafted Justin Layne. I really think he'll shine this year. Haden, Nelson, Sutton and Layne now that Burns is gone. It's definitely time for the young guys to shine and learn from Joe Haden.
Layne would be lucky to see the field this year... Only chance I see that happening is if the coaches only see Sutton as a slot guy. But so far he hasn't been restricted to just the slot, even though thats the vast majority of his snaps.

I'd honestly be interested in seeing Sutton play at Safety... Hear me out... They've been talking a lot about giving Minkah the freedom to freelance... In that situation would they really trust Terrell Edmunds to play single high mid-fielder? Edmunds has potential at SS, but his coverage skills have been garbage. Put Sutton in the big dime package as the 3rd safety and let him play mid-fielder in that scenario. Makes more sense than trying to shift Mike Hilton back there (they kept putting Hilton at FS in practice last year). Hilton is stronger in the slot. Plus having Sutton in that dime role would disguise it better than outright subbing Edmunds out, which would telegraph the coverage for any decent QB.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Layne would be lucky to see the field this year... Only chance I see that happening is if the coaches only see Sutton as a slot guy. But so far he hasn't been restricted to just the slot, even though thats the vast majority of his snaps.

I'd honestly be interested in seeing Sutton play at Safety... Hear me out... They've been talking a lot about giving Minkah the freedom to freelance... In that situation would they really trust Terrell Edmunds to play single high mid-fielder? Edmunds has potential at SS, but his coverage skills have been garbage. Put Sutton in the big dime package as the 3rd safety and let him play mid-fielder in that scenario. Makes more sense than trying to shift Mike Hilton back there (they kept putting Hilton at FS in practice last year). Hilton is stronger in the slot. Plus having Sutton in that dime role would disguise it better than outright subbing Edmunds out, which would telegraph the coverage for any decent QB.
It would be nice to see Edmunds shift to ILB, replacing Barron, and Sutton becomes starting SS.

But again, that would necessitate a full camp to lab in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see Edmunds shift to ILB, replacing Barron, and Sutton becomes starting SS.

But again, that would necessitate a full camp to lab in.
Yep. Unfortunately with no camp they don't have any flexibility other than what they see on paper & what they saw in practice last year.