• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched his Florida State and Pitt game. I love his game. He actually reminds me of me so of course I like him. I was that quick slot guy that wasn't the fastest guy on the field but just found ways to get open. He does it much better than I ever could.

Positives:
Enough speed
Great quickness--does not lose much speed when changing direction
Makes the tough catches
You can just see his intelligence on the field
Makes people miss but also knows when it is just time to get as many yards as possible
He is trusted by his QB in the biggest moments and comes up with the catch...Watched one play on 4th and 7 in the Pitt game where he was triple covered and the QB still threw it to him and saw him come up with the catch.

Negatives:
My one complaint and this is just me nitpicking is that he can be somewhat of a body catcher. He uses his hands plenty but there are a lot of throws he lets get into his body. Some of that though I think is just him going over the middle and working to protect himself just a bit

yeah i just watched his FSU game. Nasty. And then he has so many highlights at kick and punt return. He's not a blazer at all but man he can put a defender on skates. His balance too. Even when guys are at his ankles and bumping and reaching for him he stays up and keeps moving.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i just watched his FSU game. Nasty. And then he has so many highlights at kick and punt return. He's not a blazer at all but man he can put a defender on skates. His balance too. Even when guys are at his ankles and bumping and reaching for him he stays up and keeps moving.

I would say he also makes people take bad angles. They seem to really underestimate his quickness. He is just so sudden when he decides to switch directions and gets up to top speed faster than people ever think he will. I'll add the kid just sees the entire field. I watched him quite a few times see that nobody was on the opposite side of the field and just completely change directions picking up an extra 30-40 yards because people didn't maintain proper lanes. He definitely makes people look silly.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't justify going RB round 1.

I can justify a RB in round 1 but it has to be a VERY special RB who can be an NFL workhorse and light it up.

I also don't really wanna take a RB top 15 unless it is someone like AP good coming out.

In other words there are VERY few RB's I would take Round 1, but they do exist.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can justify a RB in round 1 but it has to be a VERY special RB who can be an NFL workhorse and light it up.

I also don't really wanna take a RB top 15 unless it is someone like AP good coming out.

In other words there are VERY few RB's I would take Round 1, but they do exist.

If Fornette or Cook fall to us at 32 I would consider it...

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade anderson then for like a 3rd or 4th? lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I don't like anderson, but having anderson + Booker + fornette/cook is overkill... might as well trade the oldest most expensive one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fornette or Cook fall to us at 32 I would consider it...

Oh i'd be all over those two at 32.

Depending on what else fell to us, but those are rare RB's right there. "Special"

That being said as much as I love Booker I would still do it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched some huskies defense games and it really seems like sidney jones has put on weight. his physicality between last year to this year is significantly improved. He likes to come down and hit those WR or RBs in the flat.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he also makes people take bad angles. They seem to really underestimate his quickness. He is just so sudden when he decides to switch directions and gets up to top speed faster than people ever think he will. I'll add the kid just sees the entire field. I watched him quite a few times see that nobody was on the opposite side of the field and just completely change directions picking up an extra 30-40 yards because people didn't maintain proper lanes. He definitely makes people look silly.

Edeleman is the easy comparison for a twitchy white slot guy but for real... he looks pretty good out there lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edeleman is the easy comparison for a twitchy white slot guy but for real... he looks pretty good out there lol

I would say Edelman is the top quick twitch guy in the league. His suddenness is just down right impressive and why the Patriots especially on 3rd down are so dangerous. I mean when you have a guy that can get open in less than 2 seconds of the snap there is not much you can do. Even Harris has had trouble with him in the past. Broncos were very smart to switch to a more short zone system in the playoffs to take those quick passes away and force the Patriots to have to try and go behind the zone to make a play. This only works if we can stop the run game and our pass rush is getting home in a hurry. That type of zone can be beat by those quick double move with the out and up type plays where they get it in behind the short zone and the deep zone. Going to be interesting to see how the Pats adjust this next time we play them.

Anyway yeah this kid definitely has some of those same traits. I mean every 3rd and short play I think everybody knew where the ball was going yet they still couldn't stop him.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Fornette fan until end of last year and I believe it was Alabama game where he was completely shut down. At the pro level, he'll be facing that kind of competition weekly. Not sold on him as much anymore and definitely not 1st rd. Like to see his stats vs quality defenses like Alabama so far in his LSU career. Denver doesn't need any help in 1st two rds other than 0 -line imo in 2017. Your forgetting it takes a good line for any back to have success in NFL. Running woes lately for Denver isn't the rbs gents.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pry still take him as late as we are picking. I feel like a few of those games were more his coaches (why miles was fired) and passing games fault. When bama is sending run blitzes and stacking 9 in the box constantly, with the qb not doing anything with it, you are gonna have a bad day lol But overall, i prefer to stick with the plan. Gotta be a pass rusher, tackle, or cornerback unless an elite guy falls

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pry still take him as late as we are picking. I feel like a few of those games were more his coaches (why miles was fired) and passing games fault. When bama is sending run blitzes and stacking 9 in the box constantly, with the qb not doing anything with it, you are gonna have a bad day lol But overall, i prefer to stick with the plan. Gotta be a pass rusher, tackle, or cornerback unless an elite guy falls

Yeah I've always been big on not letting one bad game sway my thoughts on a player. If they have been consistently good and then lay one stinker that can't destroy everything good they had done up to that point. We see teams all the time over panic over one bad game. Heck Lynch back in November was considered a top-5 lock. Then closed out his final season with a few average to bad games and his stock dropped dramatically. Thankfully we were the benefactor of that happening.

I look at a guy like Adrian Peterson just thinking RB position and if you look at his college game log he actually had a game where he had negative rushing yards at the end. He went against Kansas his Sophomore year and had -4 yards rushing. The week before that he only had 10 yards against Texas. Yet he will probably go down at least in the NFL as one of the top-3 RB's of all time.

Have to remember with players to look at the full picture. Such as like you said Alabama was just begging LSU to throw against them. They loaded up the box to stop the run game and well LSU showed they have nothing much more on offense other than Fornette.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really solid mock there.

Grabbed my Bucky Hodges want and Doc's Mon Adams pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida CB Quincy Wilson has really impressed me this year, a guy who was sorta caught in the shadow of other Florida CB's the past few years is finally getting his shot and has done about as well as anyone in the nation.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, speaking of Rbs, if you want to look at whole picture, look at competition, how big the holes are they run through and how many positive yds they still gain when the box is full. Like I've said before, it's how good these backs run between the tackles vs top D's and not 10 ft holes to boot. Look at the success of backs taken in rd 1 compared to those taken in later rds and there is a huge disparity. Don't have to look much further than Denver with that point. Elway isn't stupid enough to pick any rb in this draft in rd 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've always been big on not letting one bad game sway my thoughts on a player. If they have been consistently good and then lay one stinker that can't destroy everything good they had done up to that point. We see teams all the time over panic over one bad game. Heck Lynch back in November was considered a top-5 lock. Then closed out his final season with a few average to bad games and his stock dropped dramatically. Thankfully we were the benefactor of that happening.

I look at a guy like Adrian Peterson just thinking RB position and if you look at his college game log he actually had a game where he had negative rushing yards at the end. He went against Kansas his Sophomore year and had -4 yards rushing. The week before that he only had 10 yards against Texas. Yet he will probably go down at least in the NFL as one of the top-3 RB's of all time.

Have to remember with players to look at the full picture. Such as like you said Alabama was just begging LSU to throw against them. They loaded up the box to stop the run game and well LSU showed they have nothing much more on offense other than Fornette.

Yes,

Cook and especially Fournette are a rare type of RB you don't pass if they are hanging on the board late 1st round, which neither will be. Todd Gurley went #10 two years ago Zeke went #4 last year and they are on the same level.

Having one bad game against Alabama with a bad hamstring doesn't concern me in the least. Go watch film on the rest of his games and you would be crazy to not be in love with Fournette. Rare RB's go high. Both will be gone when we pick so we won't have to worry about it anyway.

I would think Miami could be a prime spot for one of the two to go. You can always find a decent RB up until about round 4, but it's rare you see the burst, speed, power and vision of a Leonard Fourtnette or Dalvin Cook.

There are two things I dislike about Dalvin Cook and neither is on the football field.

1. He shunned Florida in a bad way at the end of recruiting after being committed there. ;)

2. A more series one, he beat she shit out of a girl and probably shouldn't even be at FSU any longer, but charges were dropped.

On the field... Special RB.

With both being gone when we pick at 32 and us not needing a RB enough to trade up I would almost look at us as as possibility to take a RB in rd 4 o 5 or not at all. Anderson and Booker are fine. Bibbs makes an ok 3rd RB.... Unless there is value in the mid/late rounds which is always possible because RB always seems to be of good value after Round 3.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes,

Cook and especially Fournette are a rare type of RB you don't pass if they are hanging on the board late 1st round, which neither will be. Todd Gurley went #10 two years ago Zeke went #4 last year and they are on the same level.

Having one bad game against Alabama with a bad hamstring doesn't concern me in the least. Go watch film on the rest of his games and you would be crazy to not be in love with Fournette. Rare RB's go high. Both will be gone when we pick so we won't have to worry about it anyway.

I would think Miami could be a prime spot for one of the two to go. You can always find a decent RB up until about round 4, but it's rare you see the burst, speed, power and vision of a Leonard Fourtnette or Dalvin Cook.

There are two things I dislike about Dalvin Cook and neither is on the football field.

1. He shunned Florida in a bad way at the end of recruiting after being committed there. ;)

2. A more series one, he beat she shit out of a girl and probably shouldn't even be at FSU any longer, but charges were dropped.

On the field... Special RB.

With both being gone when we pick at 32 and us not needing a RB enough to trade up I would almost look at us as as possibility to take a RB in rd 4 o 5 or not at all. Anderson and Booker are fine. Bibbs makes an ok 3rd RB.... Unless there is value in the mid/late rounds which is always possible because RB always seems to be of good value after Round 3.

Yeah I wouldn't put RB high on our list of needs. Booker has actually looked pretty decent in his small opportunities. Very impressed with how he put the fumble on his first carry behind him. Honestly I would say he has looked better than Anderson other than the 1st game. Fewer carries to really compare but just the burst when he hits the hole and just his ability to fall forward and pick up those extra few yards have at least left me going we might be looking at our starter next year over Anderson.

Still most likely we will need a RB as I think is this the last year that Bibbs is under contract? Or I think he might be a RFA next year. Maybe we give him the Original Round tender like we did to Anderson this year. Most likely he doesn't get taken up from us. So maybe we keep him but still need a little more competition to add to the depth.

Really though with so many draft picks when you include the Comp Picks the Broncos should get they can go a lot of ways and add depth to a lot of positions. They have a chance to add to an already loaded roster. I mean we could be looking at a team that not only this year is looking better than our Super Bowl team but then having a team next year that is even better than this one. That is getting ahead of ourselves a bit but it cannot be understated how well Elway and his staff have done at building this roster for now and the future.