• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really like Okung and Stephenson. And with seeing Sambrailo I think the team knows they need to keep Okung if he is healthy after this season. I do agree the OT class looks weak, and no starting caliber OT will want to come to Denver if Okung and Stephenson are here. So that means that we have to hope that Sambrailo if healthy can have a full off season to build up his strength and develop as a player. Kind of take the Schofield way of struggling the first couple of years then finally having some things click in the 3rd year.

exactly

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me how many people were not happy about the Stephenson signing and now we can't really function on the OL without him. :)

I think we are gonna have to take a long look at OG in FA this offseason. Our OT's will be fine if both can stay healthy. We need depth there obviously.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prefer we sign a guy who is cut though :) so we can keep the comp picks that we keep bringing in

Not sure we will get much from next years FA class though. We re-signed our top dogs already. Whatever makes us better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me how many people were not happy about the Stephenson signing and now we can't really function on the OL without him. :)

I think we are gonna have to take a long look at OG in FA this offseason. Our OT's will be fine if both can stay healthy. We need depth there obviously.

And see I liked the Stephenson signing. I know he struggled at times in KC but the Broncos have made a habit of taking other team's trash and turning it into treasure for us. He has always had the athleticism just his technique would get sloppy at times leading to him lunging at a defensive player instead of keeping his base.

Really though with our OT's both have proven throughout their short histories in the NFL they can't stay healthy for an entire year. So we do need a quality back up Tackle. This year we are just going to have to hope that our guys can be healthy at the right time and then hope either Sambrailo develops or we get as lucky as can be in the draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB class is fairly good. I would have to evaluate the JR's a bit more to determine who will declare and how that will impact the class.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB class is fairly good. I would have to evaluate the JR's a bit more to determine who will declare and how that will impact the class.
Was wondering what senior ILB class you think look good?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who got the better deal. Denver+ 3rd round comp pick + $16MM or Houston + Brock.

I firmly believe Brock would be performing a lot better here in Denver because of the 4 years in organization but some of the best deals are the ones you don't make.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love love , love , love drafting Lbers in the 2nd round. Those LBers tend to be really really good when you evaluate correctly. Next year we should be able to get a really good ILber.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either open the wallet in free agency or find someone who can evaluate talent.

or Steal whomever is evaluating for Baltimore.

LT Eugene Monroe
LG Kelechi Osemele
C Jeremy Zuttah
RG Marshal Yanda

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who got the better deal. Denver+ 3rd round comp pick + $16MM or Houston + Brock.

I firmly believe Brock would be performing a lot better here in Denver because of the 4 years in organization but some of the best deals are the ones you don't make.

I think Denver won but, more time is needed to see results in Houston. I thought Brock and Houston's O was an odd fit day 1. I think a new regime will take over in 17 anyways. He got 72 mil so that eases any pain

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think anybody would have a hard time justifying the idea that Houston won this situation. Even without knowing who the 3rd round pick will be that $16 million has been used to keep proven talent in Denver for the long-term. We probably don't have at least Emmanuel Sanders and a couple of other guys if that deal gets done. When you throw in the fact that our QB's on the actual roster right now have outperformed Osweiler not only this season but even when he was with the Broncos last year should show the Broncos came out very much on top so far in this deal.

Now obviously we have a very small sample size to go off of. Always takes time to adjust to a new system. Heck when Manning first came to the Broncos anybody remember we started 2-3. And in that time frame Manning did not look all that great in 2 of the losses having a QB Rating at 83 or lower. Then next thing you know we get to week 6 against the Chargers of all teams and were down 24-0 at half time. I don't know what was said or figured out during that half time but we then went on probably the best run this team had seen since 1998 where no team was closer than a touchdown to us the rest of the year until the playoff loss.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nobody cares but I had the pleasure of watching Qb Logan Woodside of Toledo vs EMU. I know not flashy school but really liked the way he looked. Don't know anything else about him ( stats,etc ) but I think someone might find a future gem here in draft. Just a gut feeling, nothing else. All off one game,so means nothing. :) Just sayin

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anybody would have a hard time justifying the idea that Houston won this situation. Even without knowing who the 3rd round pick will be that $16 million has been used to keep proven talent in Denver for the long-term. We probably don't have at least Emmanuel Sanders and a couple of other guys if that deal gets done. When you throw in the fact that our QB's on the actual roster right now have outperformed Osweiler not only this season but even when he was with the Broncos last year should show the Broncos came out very much on top so far in this deal.

Now obviously we have a very small sample size to go off of. Always takes time to adjust to a new system. Heck when Manning first came to the Broncos anybody remember we started 2-3. And in that time frame Manning did not look all that great in 2 of the losses having a QB Rating at 83 or lower. Then next thing you know we get to week 6 against the Chargers of all teams and were down 24-0 at half time. I don't know what was said or figured out during that half time but we then went on probably the best run this team had seen since 1998 where no team was closer than a touchdown to us the rest of the year until the playoff loss.
From what I've seen so far from Oz.....Denver got smoke -in deal. I was one that wanted Elway to resign Oz and glad Elway didn't now. Can't wait for Houston game. Bet he finds injury somewhere between previous game and Denver game. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen so far from Oz.....Denver got smoke -in deal. I was one that wanted Elway to resign Oz and glad Elway didn't now. Can't wait for Houston game. Bet he finds injury somewhere between previous game and Denver game. :)

Well he wouldn't be the first ex-Bronco QB to do that. Always seems like when we play the Bears somehow Jay Cutler is out. Last year was actually the first time since the trade that he played the Broncos. I think even the times we have tried to play them in the preseason he has for some reason sat out those games. I would think these guys would want the chance to really take it to the team that let them get away.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he wouldn't be the first ex-Bronco QB to do that. Always seems like when we play the Bears somehow Jay Cutler is out. Last year was actually the first time since the trade that he played the Broncos. I think even the times we have tried to play them in the preseason he has for some reason sat out those games. I would think these guys would want the chance to really take it to the team that let them get away.
I think Oz probably does in a way. But the thought of Miller and that D might bring on a migraine at game time. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Dayes, RB, North Carolina State

Like this kid. Middle round RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield, break a tackle and run.

Great year last year, starting to come on this year after starting slow healing from a broken foot injury.

Not going to happen for us, but Dalvin Cook would be insane in our scheme.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Dayes, RB, North Carolina State

Like this kid. Middle round RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield, break a tackle and run.

Great year last year, starting to come on this year after starting slow healing from a broken foot injury.

Not going to happen for us, but Dalvin Cook would be insane in our scheme.

Cook would be awesome

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as ILBs go, Jalen Reeves-Maybin from Tennessee is a guy I would love. He just injured his shoulder and is likely to miss the rest of the season, but speed and athleticism and tenacity. Denver has had success with tennessee LBs in the past too.