• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is getting ahead of ourselves a bit but it cannot be understated how well Elway and his staff have done at building this roster for now and the future.
After watching San Fran last night, so glad we have the ultra competitive Elway running the show. What San Fran put on the field last night from coaches to players was a disgrace to a once proud and stellar organization.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching San Fran last night, so glad we have the ultra competitive Elway running the show. What San Fran put on the field last night from coaches to players was a disgrace to a once proud and stellar organization.

Has there ever been a bigger collapse of an organization than that of San Fran? I mean to go from one of the most talented rosters, great coaching staff, and a team that was competing for Super Bowls every single year to the next season coach leaves because of disagreements with the FO, players begin to just retire left and right, draft picks don't seem to pan out, and now looking like one of the 5 worst teams in football. I mean I actually almost picked the 49ers to win that game but at the last minute my thought was "can't pick them because hey they are the 49ers even if they are facing a back up QB." I feel for those fans to see something looking so good fall apart like that.

Thankfully (knock on wood) we have such a unified set up here in Denver from the players to the coaches to the front office that something like that shouldn't happen around here. Many thought it would happen this year to us but again because all those groups are on the same page we see a championship attitude that just raises this team up above so many others.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a bigger collapse of an organization than that of San Fran? I mean to go from one of the most talented rosters, great coaching staff, and a team that was competing for Super Bowls every single year to the next season coach leaves because of disagreements with the FO, players begin to just retire left and right, draft picks don't seem to pan out, and now looking like one of the 5 worst teams in football. I mean I actually almost picked the 49ers to win that game but at the last minute my thought was "can't pick them because hey they are the 49ers even if they are facing a back up QB." I feel for those fans to see something looking so good fall apart like that.

Thankfully (knock on wood) we have such a unified set up here in Denver from the players to the coaches to the front office that something like that shouldn't happen around here. Many thought it would happen this year to us but again because all those groups are on the same page we see a championship attitude that just raises this team up above so many others.

This is why I didn't care over the summer if this team actually had a hangover and we dropped off in 16. I knew our org wasn't like so many others in NFL. I think alot of fans assumed if we went 5-11 in 16 we'd be just like Det Clev etc and be in that situation for years no friggin way. Of course this scenerio didn't happen but, it just reinforces the Broncos are the best org in NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I didn't care over the summer if this team actually had a hangover and we dropped off in 16. I knew our org wasn't like so many others in NFL. I think alot of fans assumed if we went 5-11 in 16 we'd be just like Det Clev etc and be in that situation for years no friggin way. Of course this scenerio didn't happen but, it just reinforces the Broncos are the best org in NFL.

Any time people consider you to be in rebuilding mode and yet you can continue to go out and win games is just down right impressive. And really I could easily argue that this team is even better than what we saw last year. So if your rebuild starts out looking better than your championship team well the NFL better watch out for when we actually reach the peak of this rebuild.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time people consider you to be in rebuilding mode and yet you can continue to go out and win games is just down right impressive. And really I could easily argue that this team is even better than what we saw last year. So if your rebuild starts out looking better than your championship team well the NFL better watch out for when we actually reach the peak of this rebuild.

I think it is better team vs last year. I think we removed the pressure of Mannings championship window closing thing hanging over our heads.Nice to have a large window to move on from. Because of John's greatness in FO we only need tweeks not massive overhauls each off season.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This corner class is looking so good right now. So many good guys. I could see 8 go in the first 40.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right- Real good CB draft. Even better with some JR's who will declare. Last year may have been the weakest or 2nd weakest CB draft when I did my grades since I started my draft site.

McShay list Leonard Fournette as his #1 overall prospect.

I know an agent who discusses prospects with me a lot says that the top national grade is Leonard Fournette (doesnt mean he will go #1, but means he is graded out the best at his position over any other player/position)

Oregon RB Royce Freeman who is a JR is also finally being looked upon as the real deal after many doubted him his first two seasons. Gonna be a real good RB draft which is good for us, a position we don't have to take but if value falls you never know.

Semaje Perine not sure where he stands on a national grade level but I will find out. I know there are lingering injury concerns with him. Also some real legit smaller school RBs who will be in this draft. Not a position I am really looking at early for us, but an overall position that can be fun to talk about come draft time.

Next year my fav RB will be Saquan Barkley of Penn State.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another WR to keep an eye on for this years draft class

JR- Tennessee- Josh Malone.

Won't have the stats that some of the big time WR's have but in the offense he is he makes a ton of big plays. Great deep threat. Has come on this year, runs well, catches well. Not sure if he will declare or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the draft notes - my friends. I enjoy them a lot.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after this weekend, O-line has to be climbing the need list. If not starters we definitely need backups.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after this weekend, O-line has to be climbing the need list. If not starters we definitely need backups.

I'm not convinced Elway and Co know how to draft Olineman. For all his positives, he has been not very good with Olineman.

Blake, Painter, Schofield, Sambarillo, Paradis, Garcia.

Right now Paradis is the only player who you can say has played NFL caliber football.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced Elway and Co know how to draft Olineman. For all his positives, he has been not very good with Olineman.

Blake, Painter, Schofield, Sambarillo, Paradis, Garcia.

Right now Paradis is the only player who you can say has played NFL caliber football.

Either open the wallet in free agency or find someone who can evaluate talent.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this offensive tackle class is literally one of the worst i have ever seen. seriously. cam robinson is pry the best one and he looks like a better guard than tackle. really really shitty olineman coming... also we haven;t been able to develop oline in years... really hurts my heart as an iowa fan

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the OL draft is really weak on paper at least.

You know it is bad when Cole Croston was considered a good OL prospect until the Northwestern game.

Enough with drafting OL anyway, we gotta spend some money on some.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prefer we sign a guy who is cut though :) so we can keep the comp picks that we keep bringing in

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it time to add ilb to the draft needs list?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prefer we sign a guy who is cut though :) so we can keep the comp picks that we keep bringing in

The big thing though with the Comp picks for this year is we don't really have anybody leaving that would bring in big time comp picks. Darian Stewart is our biggest FA after this season. My guess is he would bring in maybe a 5th round comp pick if we don't sign anybody. So if there is a year for us to not worry about Comp Picks it would be this upcoming off season.

The nice thing for the Broncos is they do have some cap space to improve that OL. The issue being I"m not sure there is much quality that will hit the open market.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordy Glenn, Kevin Zeitler, Ryan Schraeder. Issue is I am happy with Okung AND Stephenson, and I don't see us wooing decent tackle to us in free agency with only backup playing time. Maybe we swing a guard, but we really do need tackle depth. And this is such a poopoo tackle class in the draft (at least that's what I am hearing and seeing). Can we just borrow the cowboys offensive line (and zeke) for the year?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordy Glenn, Kevin Zeitler, Ryan Schraeder. Issue is I am happy with Okung AND Stephenson, and I don't see us wooing decent tackle to us in free agency with only backup playing time. Maybe we swing a guard, but we really do need tackle depth. And this is such a poopoo tackle class in the draft (at least that's what I am hearing and seeing). Can we just borrow the cowboys offensive line (and zeke) for the year?

Yeah I really like Okung and Stephenson. And with seeing Sambrailo I think the team knows they need to keep Okung if he is healthy after this season. I do agree the OT class looks weak, and no starting caliber OT will want to come to Denver if Okung and Stephenson are here. So that means that we have to hope that Sambrailo if healthy can have a full off season to build up his strength and develop as a player. Kind of take the Schofield way of struggling the first couple of years then finally having some things click in the 3rd year.