• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are all about drafting a TE, but I could see us signing one. Martellus Bennett or Vance McDonald would be veryy nice in our offense with VG85

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are all about drafting a TE, but I could see us signing one. Martellus Bennett or Vance McDonald would be veryy nice in our offense with VG85

Martelllus Bennett the player would be awesome! Martellus Bennett the person in this locker room though not sure that is the guy I want. The Broncos have worked very hard to get the locker room they have with very little issues. One player though could upset the balance. Throw in this is that first TE draft class that I just really like the talent level throughout the draft. Usually there are 1-2 guys I like and the rest I just hope we don't draft but this is that one that I wouldn't mind if we even drafted a couple of guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anybody else watch this and think "what the heck scheme is that for Tennessee?" Honestly that is one of the stranger game plans I have seen. Even on run downs there were times that Tennessee would go to a big dime formation. They were daring Oklahoma to run the football and just trusting that the linebackers/safeties/corners would be able to tackle one-on-one in wide open space. I mean they did a good job with it especially Jalen. I'm not sure I've seen a linebacker asked to cover more space throughout a game. There were times he would be opposite side of the field and run clear across the field to make the tackle. Very impressed with his athleticism and his ability to fight through all the garbage to get to the play. Needs some work on not getting turned around so much in coverage when in man but those are some technique things. Even in man coverage though pretty impressive work. Yeah I wouldn't mind this kid.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else watch this and think "what the heck scheme is that for Tennessee?" Honestly that is one of the stranger game plans I have seen. Even on run downs there were times that Tennessee would go to a big dime formation. They were daring Oklahoma to run the football and just trusting that the linebackers/safeties/corners would be able to tackle one-on-one in wide open space. I mean they did a good job with it especially Jalen. I'm not sure I've seen a linebacker asked to cover more space throughout a game. There were times he would be opposite side of the field and run clear across the field to make the tackle. Very impressed with his athleticism and his ability to fight through all the garbage to get to the play. Needs some work on not getting turned around so much in coverage when in man but those are some technique things. Even in man coverage though pretty impressive work. Yeah I wouldn't mind this kid.

I think they did it just to counter the speed/spread that mayfield brings. but yea, very odd. I like the kid at lb though. would obviously be good for our speed defense and in special teams. and with him missing the rest of the season, we may be able to sneak him round 3! he also has some nastiness to him (which he needs to clean up somewhat... but not too much. i want attitude)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank god i have somewhere to talk the nfl draft and how it pertains to the broncos all season lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, ryan switzer stock is trending upwards.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp montravius is starting to get buzz
  1. Montravius Adams, DT – Auburn
Playing a little out of place his entire career has hindered Adams ability to really explode onto the scene and match up his talent with production. But what doesn’t show on the stat sheet doesn’t matter if you just put the tape on of this kid. Coming in at six foot three inches and around 300 pounds, he’s a little undersized at nose tackle but in the Tigers primarily one-gap scheme, his strength and quickness is on full display. Adams has a filled out and explosive build matched by great balance and thunder in his hands. Routinely he’s able to beat linemen to their gap or simply fire off directly into their chest and drive them backwards. Saturday against the LSU offensive line, he was by far the best front seven player on either side and gave fellow NFL Draft prospect and LSU center Ethan Pocic all he could handle. Snap after snap he was too quick or was able to simply outmuscle him and lived in the Bayou backfield. While mainly an interior rusher, Adams is asked to line up on the edge and rush from there on some third downs and has actually beaten a few offensive tackles with his brute strength and hand work. Projecting him to the NFL is easy as his talent is undeniable. His body control and ability to gain leverage makes him a candidate to be a five technique in a three-man front but his quickness and ability to shoot into opposing backfields make his best spot a three technique in a four man front. Using him like Geno Atkins or Gerald McCoy would be the best way to maximize his talents.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, ryan switzer stock is trending upwards.

It really has been since the first week of the season. I mean it was already fairly high coming into the season with all the things he can do, but this has been his best year as a pure WR. He has always been good, he just really put up the numbers with Quinshad Davis now gone and a much better QB throwing him the ball in Mitch Trubisky then Marquise Williams his first 3 years (Williams is a great runner, not a good passer) plus he has a nice vertical threat on the otherside of him in Mack Hollins leaving him the underneath stuff. Which Switzer has the ability to break slants and screens into huge games and catches everything on top of being a great PR. He has Welker written all over him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did it just to counter the speed/spread that mayfield brings. but yea, very odd. I like the kid at lb though. would obviously be good for our speed defense and in special teams. and with him missing the rest of the season, we may be able to sneak him round 3! he also has some nastiness to him (which he needs to clean up somewhat... but not too much. i want attitude)

Well with our defense if we want to keep that same identity those are the type of players you need. The best way I have heard it described is that our players are told to play to the end of the echo of the whistle. So right up to the very edge. That means sometimes they will play beyond the edge and it will look dirty. I call it more being undisciplined which honestly our defense is that at times. I'll take some of that though if it means we continue with the type of production that we are seeing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech SOPH WR Jonathan Giles- Yes please! Watch out!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech SOPH WR Jonathan Giles- Yes please! Watch out!
Figured after you watch that line perform vs SD you might've changed your mind and Denver should grab every FA, use every pick in draft and start recruiting Pop Warner lineman right now. :)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a consistant playmaker at RB and slot WR, As well as G overhaul

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a real big fan of Paradis. He is a serviceable C but gets blown up too much against the bigger DTs. Sambraillo last night was a healthy scratch along with Huerman,
Would like to see Denver sign a FA C next year like ATL did this year with Alex Mack and draft a play making TE and ILber early

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno Paradis has been rated the #1 C for PFT in grading each and every play. I think he is maybe doing fine. I don't think C is going to be high on our priority list.

Heuerman is surely looking like a bust which sucks because most of us were not high on that pick (We have a good sense of reaching on TE's early and usually ones I do not like much (Quinn, Schefler, Heuerman)

Sammy still isn't healthy, but not looking real intriguing with him either.

We surely need a TE. Good TE draft. OL I want to fix in FA.. Tired of rookies bombing on the OL... Spend some more on the interior. TE I could go either way. Not sure what is out there FA wise, but I would think with Virgil here and a good TE class we could spend a pick early on someone like a Jeremy Sprinkle, Bucky Hodges, etc... Evan Engram not the best blocker but a great receiver. George Kittle of Iowa could be a possibility too. John Phillips is a decent blocker but offers very little as a receiver. You know you aren't impressing when Phillips is depended upon above you.

I'd love a WR like Washington's John Ross or UNC's Ryan Switzer. Ross will go higher then we can grab him though. His stock keeps climbing. Stacey Coley of Miami might be a possibility there, James Washington Okie State.

I think yall would be surprised how much better our O would be if we just fixed the OL and got that right.

Booker needs more carries. His vision and explosion is just so much better then CJ's. CJ really belongs in a power scheme. He is a decent RB, but if our OL doesn't improve he isn't going to be able to make plays on his own.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durability would be a concern of mine, but other then that very high on Reeves-Maybin.

Love UF LB Jarrad Davis as a leader, person and player.

i love davis too, butttt i think he goes round 1. i can't take an ILB round 1... maybe this year, given the CB depth, we can?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we could just say screw it and nab a guard round 1. worked for the run game of pittsburgh? pat eiflien from ohio state would transform the inner oline

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Quincy Wilson CB Florida
2. Pat Elflein G Ohio State
3. Montravius Adams DE/DT Auburn
3ci. Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Tennessee
3cii. Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas
4. Ryan Switzer Slot WR/PR
5. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
5c. Vincent Taylor DT/NT Oklahoma State

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love davis too, butttt i think he goes round 1. i can't take an ILB round 1... maybe this year, given the CB depth, we can?

Doc- You have to get your mind away from the Broncos once in awhile... It's ok to talk about prospects that are not likely going to end up Broncos too. :)

When I say I like Davis, it doesn't mean I am saying we will draft him. I am just talking prospects here.... Not just our beloved Broncos.

The Chiefs and Raiders are in the draft too. ;)