• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 % like that . Prob be able to nab him with one of their 3rds. Kind of reminds me of Curtis Martin in a way.

Curtis Martin was much more of a pure RB that could do it all. He had a lot more skill running between the tackles.

Curtis Samuel is more of that gadget player that you have 10 or so plays in mind of how to use him or at least use him as a distraction to build off of. And that is how Ohio State really used him this year. He didn't average even 10 carries a game. Heck over the final 7 games of the season he averaged 5 carries a game.

That is partly why I like the Tevin Coleman comparison of being that complimentary back that brings a whole new element to the game. And also why I love the idea of him especially if we hire Shanahan since he can keep some of those same plays he used Coleman in to get some major mismatches.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Martin was much more of a pure RB that could do it all. He had a lot more skill running between the tackles.

Curtis Samuel is more of that gadget player that you have 10 or so plays in mind of how to use him or at least use him as a distraction to build off of. And that is how Ohio State really used him this year. He didn't average even 10 carries a game. Heck over the final 7 games of the season he averaged 5 carries a game.

That is partly why I like the Tevin Coleman comparison of being that complimentary back that brings a whole new element to the game. And also why I love the idea of him especially if we hire Shanahan since he can keep some of those same plays he used Coleman in to get some major mismatches.
How does he compare in size , speed and quickness to Jamal Charles?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as fast and doesn't have the same vision. He won't ever be a lead back in the NFL but still having that big play ability player is nice to have on the roster.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as fast and doesn't have the same vision. He won't ever be a lead back in the NFL but still having that big play ability player is nice to have on the roster.
Wow! Won't " ever "be a lead back in NFL. Must be nice to have such confident foresight. I don't like him for Denver anyyyyyyyyyy more !!!!!!!!!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a guy that barely touched ball, over 800 yrds recieving, 8 or so tds, over 700 yds rushing and about 8tds and 7.9 yd avg, he did ok. ???????

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. For a guy that had that no-name rb named Elliot in front of him I'd say he did pretty well with his limited touches. I also had the pleasure of watching a few OSU games and besides that debacle vs Clemson, he ran between tackles pretty damn good as well. Just sayin

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Won't " ever "be a lead back in NFL. Must be nice to have such confident foresight. I don't like him for Denver anyyyyyyyyyy more !!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I didn't know giving my opinion was against the rules. I mean your statement of he reminds you of Curtis Martin is a fact and sorry I ever disagreed with a fact.

I don't think he will be a lead back but that doesn't mean he can't be a great player. Plenty of players are not the lead back but still have huge impact plays. Tyreek Hill is being used as a part time WR/RB/PR guy for the Chiefs and I think he is doing pretty good this year. The Rams use Tavon Austin in quite a few roles to get him touches and he has done alright. Sproles has made a huge career not being a lead back but the team finding ways to get him involved.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. For a guy that had that no-name rb named Elliot in front of him I'd say he did pretty well with his limited touches. I also had the pleasure of watching a few OSU games and besides that debacle vs Clemson, he ran between tackles pretty damn good as well. Just sayin

And maybe he can be a lead back. He has never been used in that way though. Over the final 7 games he averaged 5 carries a game. OSU didn't view him as a bell cow back but that doesn't mean they didn't see value in what he brought to the team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7.9 a rush is crazy good.
Wonder what round he will go in? Not later than high 3rd I would guess

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7.9 a rush is crazy good.
Wonder what round he will go in? Not later than high 3rd I would guess

Most have him with a 2nd or 3rd round grade so yeah won't get any further than that. He is a big play just waiting to happen in both the run and pass game. He has ridiculous speed and is just one of those slippery guys that when in space you hate to have to try and tackle. He embarrasses players in the open field.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Samuel and Alvin Kamara were the most poorly used RB's in college football. Which is good for them at the NFL level. Samuel obviously got the double dip as a WR too, but I'd say Kamara and Samuel were vastly underused at the college level. Both very good players who can hit the home run, catch and run and return.

Both got their shine, but I feel both could have been even that much better had they gotteh them the ball more... Ohio State did a pretty poor job the past two years with getting Samuel more touches.... Kamara had Jalen Hurd ahead of him, after Hurd quit Kamara did well but had the MCL sprain and I think that bothered him the rest of the year, so not entirely Tennessee's fault there. I think Urban should have given Barrett a few less carries and Samuel a few more.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Boston College DL Harold Landy undeclared today. He will be one of my favorite DL next year. Sorta glad we get to see him another year in college, at the same time I was excited to see where he would end up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Mixon reminds me of Charles damn near to a TEE.

While I agree that Samuel is not an NFL lead back, his vision and burst are not bad by any means. I see Samuel as more of just a "gadget" player.. I think he'd be a perfect added value to what we lack on offense right now. We don't need him to carry the ball 20 times... He could be a nice return man, line up in the slot, screens out of the backfield and carry the ball 10 times a game when needed. He isn't going to be a lead back or a go to WR, but he can be a great piece to an offense. Not as fast as Tyreek Hill obviously (Nobody in the NFL is) but I think he could play a similar role, lining up at WR and RB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Boulware is impressing me tonight. A guy I had pegged as a good value late round pick who lacks the NFL tools to be a great LB, but he is just a gamer and great leader... He might be one of those ugly NFL workout guys, but put him on the field and he produces.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Mixon reminds me of Charles damn near to a TEE.

While I agree that Samuel is not an NFL lead back, his vision and burst are not bad by any means. I see Samuel as more of just a "gadget" player.. I think he'd be a perfect added value to what we lack on offense right now. We don't need him to carry the ball 20 times... He could be a nice return man, line up in the slot, screens out of the backfield and carry the ball 10 times a game when needed. He isn't going to be a lead back or a go to WR, but he can be a great piece to an offense. Not as fast as Tyreek Hill obviously (Nobody in the NFL is) but I think he could play a similar role, lining up at WR and RB.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. I really like Samuel especially if we hire Shanahan. He used Tevin Coleman when healthy perfectly to get him the ball and let his superior athleticism go make plays. And added bonus is a good RB. Just because a player is not a lead back doesn't mean they are not valuable. The Chiefs have done a great job with finding ways to get the ball in Hill's hands and let him do the rest. Same could be done with Samuel here in Denver.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player playing in this game that I talked about more last year is Clemson WR Artavis Scott. I think he will be a better NFL player then college player. He was great as a FR, sorta quiet the last two years... Wouldn't mind him as a rd 3-4 WR/Return man who can play the slot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I was trying to say. I really like Samuel especially if we hire Shanahan. He used Tevin Coleman when healthy perfectly to get him the ball and let his superior athleticism go make plays. And added bonus is a good RB. Just because a player is not a lead back doesn't mean they are not valuable. The Chiefs have done a great job with finding ways to get the ball in Hill's hands and let him do the rest. Same could be done with Samuel here in Denver.

Yes, it all comes down to how you utilize him. The Chiefs have done a great job with Hill. Ohio State not quite so well with Samuel.... Ohio State really struggled passing the ball this year as Noah Brown wasn't fully healthy and Barrett really struggled passing, on the ground Barrett seemed to get most of the rock... Samuel got a little of each, but to me he could have done so much more at the college level if used correct. He started off with a 3 TD game to start the year, and when he touched the ball he made shiat happen... He just didn't touch the ball enough. Look at the Michigan game... When Ohio State came back and won.. Who was the guy making the plays??? Mr. Samuel! Before the 4th and OT he wasn't getting the rock. Just gotta learn to use him right at the NFL level whomever get him and he could be real dangerous.... Just can't under or over use him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it all comes down to how you utilize him. The Chiefs have done a great job with Hill. Ohio State not quite so well with Samuel.... Ohio State really struggled passing the ball this year as Noah Brown wasn't fully healthy and Barrett really struggled passing, on the ground Barrett seemed to get most of the rock... Samuel got a little of each, but to me he could have done so much more at the college level if used correct. He started off with a 3 TD game to start the year, and when he touched the ball he made shiat happen... He just didn't touch the ball enough. Look at the Michigan game... When Ohio State came back and won.. Who was the guy making the plays??? Mr. Samuel! Before the 4th and OT he wasn't getting the rock. Just gotta learn to use him right at the NFL level whomever get him and he could be real dangerous.... Just can't under or over use him.

Yeah this is where our next coaching hire is so important. Right now with the draft we can find guys we really like but until we know the system type we will be looking at hard to know if they are a great fit. Samuel with this team last year would have been terrible. They would not have known how to use him at all.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most have him with a 2nd or 3rd round grade so yeah won't get any further than that. He is a big play just waiting to happen in both the run and pass game. He has ridiculous speed and is just one of those slippery guys that when in space you hate to have to try and tackle. He embarrasses players in the open field.
The guy I liked and not just because he had a big game last week is randall Cobb
Denver needs a Randall Cobb
Hopefully we can snag one soon in the draft