• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term Lynch's success or failure will absolutely determine the success of the 2016 class.

2nd Round drafting for John has been awful so far MUST DO BETTER. Of course a few new Asst coaches might fix things player dev. wisw. Hope you had a great Xmas George :).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Gotsis isn't the main part of that equation for success. I still believe in Lynch and what he can do. He has regressed a little as the season has gone on but I think it is because he is so afraid of making mistakes that he is just a hair slower than just when he allows his natural athleticism to take over and go make plays. This will be a big off season for him. And really it will be for many reasons. Maybe different coaching staff coming in than the one that selected him making it that much harder since he isn't "their guy". Could depend on what other competition we bring in to go against him. Then can he work on his mechanics to where next year going into training camp instead of having to worry about counting his steps in a 7-step drop it just feels natural and he can be looking down the field.
Funny to think the Cowboys and J.Jones were pissed when Elway took Lynch and they had to go plan B and grab Prescott. Tragedy.:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to think the Cowboys and J.Jones were pissed when Elway took Lynch and they had to go plan B and grab Prescott. Tragedy.:)

One of those that could still work out for both teams. Also I think with that OL in Dallas a lot of young QB's could have success. I mean they had a great running game taking a lot of pressure off the QB and plenty of time to look over the field and see who is open. I think a guy like Lynch could have done well with Dallas this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like that there is a decent amount of players who would normally declare, staying. I think maybe just maybe some kids are starting to listen a bit and have gotten the point of developing and stats on underclassmen. Some of those staying are real big surprises to me. Royce Freeman, Malik Hooker but you see players change their mind all the time. Several of those guys on the non declare list really make me happy, great decisions that i felt in years past would have declared.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those that could still work out for both teams. Also I think with that OL in Dallas a lot of young QB's could have success. I mean they had a great running game taking a lot of pressure off the QB and plenty of time to look over the field and see who is open. I think a guy like Lynch could have done well with Dallas this year.
I absolutely agree the line and rb had huge impact on Prescots success but let's not underestimate the football IQ and unbelievable adjustment Dak has displayed. I have hard time believing if Lynch went there that Romo would not of had to make appearance early on. Lynch can still be Denver's answer down road but no way what we've seen so far would justify him having anywhere near the success Prescott has had under same circumstances. No way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree the line and rb had huge impact on Prescots success but let's not underestimate the football IQ and unbelievable adjustment Dak has displayed. I have hard time believing if Lynch went there that Romo would not of had to make appearance early on. Lynch can still be Denver's answer down road but no way what we've seen so far would justify him having anywhere near the success Prescott has had under same circumstances. No way.

It's also impossible to actually know what he would have done with the Cowboys. Dak has adjusted well but they have also set the offense up well for him to have success. The Broncos haven't exactly done the same for Lynch. They have tried to make him fit within what Kubiak likes to do instead of playing towards his strengths more. I understand making Lynch go through the growing pains of learning how to function in an NFL system but there are plenty of things the Broncos could do for either Lynch or Siemian to help them out.

And really this entire season was destroyed because the Broncos can't run the football. So much of Kubiak's offense is designed around the fact that a team can run the football. The pass game can actually have creativity when the team can run the football and the team can actually use some misdirection to get guys open. With teams not worrying about the run game they can just keep safeties back and take away all that the Broncos are trying to do.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also impossible to actually know what he would have done with the Cowboys. Dak has adjusted well but they have also set the offense up well for him to have success. The Broncos haven't exactly done the same for Lynch. They have tried to make him fit within what Kubiak likes to do instead of playing towards his strengths more. I understand making Lynch go through the growing pains of learning how to function in an NFL system but there are plenty of things the Broncos could do for either Lynch or Siemian to help them out.

And really this entire season was destroyed because the Broncos can't run the football. So much of Kubiak's offense is designed around the fact that a team can run the football. The pass game can actually have creativity when the team can run the football and the team can actually use some misdirection to get guys open. With teams not worrying about the run game they can just keep safeties back and take away all that the Broncos are trying to do.
Absolutely agree that no run game will ruin any qb. Vet or rookie. Also good point on Kubiak. Makes me question whether he is the man going forward.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Current Bronco Round 1 Big Board/Top 20
1. Myles Garrett EDGE TAMU
2. Jon Allen DL Alabama
3. Malik McDowell DL MSU
4. Leonard Fournette RB LSU
5. Jamal Adams S LSU
6. Garett Bolles OT Utah
7. Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
8. Oj Howard TE Alabama
9. Cam Robinson OT Alabama
10. Dalvon Cook RB FSU
11. Tim Williams EDGE Alabama
12. Marshon Lattimore CB OSU
13. Carl Lawson EDGE Auburn
14. Teez Tabor CB Florida
15. Quincy Wilson CB Florida
16. Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
17. Zack Cunningham ILB Vanderbilt
18. Jarred Davis ILB Florida
19. Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin
20. Sidney Jones CB Washington

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree that no run game will ruin any qb. Vet or rookie. Also good point on Kubiak. Makes me question whether he is the man going forward.

He may not be. If Mike McCoy gets fired I wouldn't mind the idea that he is brought in to be OC and then move Dennison to O-Line Coach. Then the players know who the play caller is. The OL is actually having a guy that somewhat knows what he is doing in coaching up the OL. McCoy has worked with raw/athletic QB's and drop back and pass QB's and has success with both.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be. If Mike McCoy gets fired I wouldn't mind the idea that he is brought in to be OC and then move Dennison to O-Line Coach. Then the players know who the play caller is. The OL is actually having a guy that somewhat knows what he is doing in coaching up the OL. McCoy has worked with raw/athletic QB's and drop back and pass QB's and has success with both.

I'd like to see McCoy or if he's still interested in coaching, Norv Turner as our OC. I've always liked Turner as an OC just not Head Coach. He reminds of Wade Phillips where they excel at being a coordinator but just aren't cut out to be a Head Coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see McCoy or if he's still interested in coaching, Norv Turner as our OC. I've always liked Turner as an OC just not Head Coach. He reminds of Wade Phillips where they excel at being a coordinator but just aren't cut out to be a Head Coach.

I would probably take McCoy over Turner at this point. Turner loves those 7-9 step drop plays and well with this OL even an improved OL those are not going to work well. McCoy has also shown a better history of adapting to what his QB does best and building an offense around that. I'm just interested to see what he would do with a Siemian or Lynch. Problem is it might be 2 different offenses. Part of why maybe Siemian gets traded this off season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Current Bronco Round 1 Big Board/Top 20
2. Jon Allen DL Alabama
7. Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
11. Tim Williams EDGE Alabama
16. Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
Normally, I'd be seriously worried about liking 4 defenders from a single defense but this year's Alabama team might be something special.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I'd be seriously worried about liking 4 defenders from a single defense but this year's Alabama team might be something special.

Haha it really is a thing of beauty that they have put together in Alabama. A team could have an all Alabama draft and have the best draft in the NFL by a large margin. Just seems almost unfair.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bama defense is pry the best in college ever. def has an argument for it

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Dawkins playing well in pass protection today

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temple too far behind to be running a lot. When they do, Dawkins TAKES THEM DOWN