• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and No. He was on the roster but barely saw the field when Siemian was the QB. He was really used at a minimal until bursting out this year with 4 star QB Clayton Thorson who finally started to show flashes himself.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get a chance to watch Tywan Taylor in the Western Kentucky game tonight go for it. If not he has a ton of film as his numbers are unreal.

The good Doc and I have both been high on Taylor and Western Kentucky OT Forrest Lamp.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get a chance to watch Tywan Taylor in the Western Kentucky game tonight go for it. If not he has a ton of film as his numbers are unreal.

The good Doc and I have both been high on Taylor and Western Kentucky OT Forrest Lamp.
"I love lamp"

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you guys aren't busy tonight, some good prospects on display.

Josh Allen is the QB for Wyoming, a RS Soph I believe. He very well could be the first player selected in 2018 draft. He has some serious tools, prototype size, huge arm, and can move. Much more polished than Lynch was (and maybe is now).

Also BYU has one of my favorite running backs in the country in Jamaal Williams. He needs to work on his pass catching and blocking, but man he has vision balance patience. and only 21. I had him going to Denver round 6 last mock (i use walterfootball and cbs to get a gage on media based draft stock and align guys from there in my mocks) but I think he could easily be a round 3 back.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taywan Taylor and Forest Lamp were ballers last night too! Lamp is going to go to a pass first offense and move to left guard and be there for 10+ years. He needs to get stronger but he plays angry with great technique and athleticism. I think he may end up being a mid 2nd round guy.

Same with Taylor. Huge catch radius for a guy at 6'1, explosive, good routes. He may have 4.2-4.3 speed. I think I am going to mock him to Denver round 3 next time. He is exactly what we need from a 3rd receiver.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
josh allen is basically the upgraded prospect version of lynch. If lynch had better mechanics and played in a more pro style offense. Huge big arm and can move

(Click the tweet then follow it on down to get a lot of clips of allen showing off that arm and movement ability)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Josh Allen is the leader for 2017 #1 overall pick. He looked much better then Josh Rosen this year who appeared to be the front runner for 2017.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have Jabril Peppers #4 to the Jets...

I have and always have though of him as a S, not a LB. You gotta take advantage of his cover skills and ability to read and react to the ball. He could be a fine LB. He is a crazy athlete.

Explosion of a RB, coverage ability of a CB, range, reaction and read ability like a S, tackle ability of a LB.

IMO he should have stayed at CB or S all 3 years and concentrated on that... Wasn't a huge fan of him moving to LB although he clearly is a good LB.. Just think he will be viewed as a DB at the NFL level.

Anyone who gets him should just run a 4-2-5 base defense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon RB Royce Freeman stays (surprise)

Ohio State S Malik Hooker starting to re-think his decision to return to Ohio State... He is considered a top 15 pick if he declares.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen showed some tools last night, but has a ways to go in terms of being a pocket passer. Needs to work on his in pocket game with short to intermediate throws and his in pocket footwork. He is obviously a great athlete with a CANNON but he is trying to kaepernick his way to big plays over and over again, likely missing obviously underneath stuff and forcing the ball into bad situations (leading to costly turnovers). That said, his toolkit is highly impressive, but needs to mature as a passer if he expects to go round 1 next year.

Jamaal Williams played great last night. Great vision, ran hard with his legs churning, patient to the line then hits hard once a hole opens up. Only 21 years old and is getting better. Def has passion for the game. Hoping he falls to early day 3 and we nab him round 4

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of RB's I would be happy with this season. Williams being one of them. Plenty of fish in the RB sea this year.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is OJ Howard your #1 choice at 15 now (If we pick that high)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now there are a number of guys I wouldn't mind at 15 (in no order)

Malik McDowell DL Michigan State
OJ Howard TE Alabama
Tim Williams OLB Alabama
Carl Lawson OLB Auburn
Marshon Lattimore CB OSU
Teez Tabor CB Florida
Quincy Wilson CB Florida
Cam Robinson OT Alabama
Garett Bolles OT Utah
Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
Jamal Adams S LSU
Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt

maybe even Leonard Fornette or Dalvin Cook
We are going to get a chance at a pretty good player if we are picking 15. Best not to go off need at that point, just take the talent that falls to you.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know we need oline help but sadly this is not the draft to reach for one. if you do, odds are you are going to be putting your nose up at an obvious talent. Good teams don't do that. You take the best player and work them in. Also first rounders have that 5th year option. Look at the roster and tell me you don't see a position that could use an obvious long term starter? Ware is retiring so we could take OLB, you need a rotation there anyways so lawson/williams would be good gets. Getting after the qb is still the most important thing a defense can do. and Talib is one more misstep from being suspended a long time if not out of the league and this class is STACKED at corner up top, any of the top 4 guys would add huge depth to our DBs and a starter soon. i know we took two safeties last year, and signed stewart, but Adams is elite.

Only position I absolutely would not take round 1 is G, C, WR, and QB based on value, this draft class, and current roster.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

impressive

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know we need oline help but sadly this is not the draft to reach for one. if you do, odds are you are going to be putting your nose up at an obvious talent. Good teams don't do that. You take the best player and work them in. Also first rounders have that 5th year option. Look at the roster and tell me you don't see a position that could use an obvious long term starter? Ware is retiring so we could take OLB, you need a rotation there anyways so lawson/williams would be good gets. Getting after the qb is still the most important thing a defense can do. and Talib is one more misstep from being suspended a long time if not out of the league and this class is STACKED at corner up top, any of the top 4 guys would add huge depth to our DBs and a starter soon. i know we took two safeties last year, and signed stewart, but Adams is elite.

Only position I absolutely would not take round 1 is G, C, WR, and QB based on value, this draft class, and current roster.
You should add Rb. as well.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit I'd think about drafting D. Cook at 15 although not popular choice.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I might of just watched the next Welker/Edelman of the NFL in wr Trent Taylor of Louisiana Tech. :)