• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all want a twitched up explosive slot receiver that can add return dimension to our special teams, but in terms of a pure slot guy, I am a fan of austin carr

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta prefer Switzer, but Carr put up some great numbers this year, no doubt.

Switzer as a slot, return man...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Mixon being advised to stay in college... and try to fix his damaged reputation after the video was released. Many feel he woudn't even be drafted right now after the video footage. I think the worst thing about it is the way Mixon has responded to it, sort of like it is no big deal... Said he wouldn't go back and change things if he could... That might be more puzzling then a young FR making a big mistake. Not owning up to it. He'd stayed out of trouble since, but with that attitude....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Taylor also weighing his options. If he returns with Rudolph and Washington, Okie State is gonna be nasty next year with the young runner they have in Justice Hill and WR Jalen McCleskey. Their D started playing much better late in the year. If that carries over, watch out for them next next. Marcel Ateman got an extra year too with his injury, to add another weapon.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta prefer Switzer, but Carr put up some great numbers this year, no doubt.

Switzer as a slot, return man...

I prefer switzer too.

but I think I prefer carr in the 7th compared to switzer in the 3rd... if that makes sense.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are already at 41 pages guys lol jesus

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this is post 807! haha (padding my own stats I guess)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Mixon being advised to stay in college... and try to fix his damaged reputation after the video was released. Many feel he woudn't even be drafted right now after the video footage. I think the worst thing about it is the way Mixon has responded to it, sort of like it is no big deal... Said he wouldn't go back and change things if he could... That might be more puzzling then a young FR making a big mistake. Not owning up to it. He'd stayed out of trouble since, but with that attitude....

I don't get this. If Tyreek Hill can be drafted after punching his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach then hitting her in the face then why wouldn't Mixon get drafted? I guess just because there is actually a video of what he did compared to Hill just having a police report?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it. Video evidence.

Seems crazy because to me the punching a pregnant woman is a much bigger offense. I get when we can actually see something it really adds to the story but I still think somebody would at least take a chance on him as an UDFA if nothing else. Probably best though for him to go back and get another year of separation and see how much people forget about it. Plus this draft is just way too loaded at the RB position making it easier for teams to push his name down the list.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Beckwith apparently has a torn ACL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer switzer too.

but I think I prefer carr in the 7th compared to switzer in the 3rd... if that makes sense.

It makes sense... Although I will be surprised if Carr falls to rd 7. If that was the difference, then yes! I would agree.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems crazy because to me the punching a pregnant woman is a much bigger offense. I get when we can actually see something it really adds to the story but I still think somebody would at least take a chance on him as an UDFA if nothing else. Probably best though for him to go back and get another year of separation and see how much people forget about it. Plus this draft is just way too loaded at the RB position making it easier for teams to push his name down the list.

Totally hear you.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense... Although I will be surprised if Carr falls to rd 7. If that was the difference, then yes! I would agree.

i agree. right now CBS has him pretty far down the undrafted list

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really read CBS but from what I have seen, not impressed with them as a draft source.

Carr has a national rd 5 grade back in October and has done a lot since then. Not sure what his national grade is now, but I doubt it i worse then that. It will all depend on his workouts though... He will be a big cluster of WR's and how they separate themselves will be the workouts.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I think the difference is that one player is a unique gadget player and the other is a RB. It probably has nothing to do with the actual incident but entirely based on skill set and whether or not teams think its an isolated incident.

We live in an odd society where if Hill makes money and has to pay child support then its actually a good thing for his kid in some situations. We also live in a society where the mother could have aborted the kid at 8-9 weeks just fine.

Incentive structures are all jacked up even if you believe in second chances. Hill definitely had his life derailed but not nearly as much as a non-athlete in the same situation. Its kinda FUBAR but 3 years probation for someone without a previous incident who pled guilty sounds about right.

Not defending the guy at all but I dont think Hill in any way sets a precedent for domestic violence. I think teams are going to look very carefully at every player with a red flag.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I think the difference is that one player is a unique gadget player and the other is a RB. It probably has nothing to do with the actual incident but entirely based on skill set and whether or not teams think its an isolated incident.

We live in an odd society where if Hill makes money and has to pay child support then its actually a good thing for his kid in some situations. We also live in a society where the mother could have aborted the kid at 8-9 weeks just fine.

Incentive structures are all jacked up even if you believe in second chances. Hill definitely had his life derailed but not nearly as much as a non-athlete in the same situation. Its kinda FUBAR but 3 years probation for someone without a previous incident who pled guilty sounds about right.

Not defending the guy at all but I dont think Hill in any way sets a precedent for domestic violence. I think teams are going to look very carefully at every player with a red flag.

I'd disagree- Mixon is a pretty special RB... Hill is a great player, no doubt. But Mixon is not just a dime a dozen RB if you have evaluated him as a prospect. He is a do it all RB. He isn't just another RB.

It all comes down to video evidence and the outlash that team will have from fans/support groups now that the tape is out to the public. I've helped a lot of players who were booted out of college and teams appear more concerned with with the outlash from the media/fans/support groups then with the actual crime itself and the player. Anyteam could take Mixon in round 4 as a low risk (at that point of the draft)/high reward and really lose nothing if the red flags continue.. Of course he is going to fall because of it, but with the video evidence if he does go untouched it is because teams don't want the negative publicity for it not because he is a dime a dozen RB. The biggest difference between Hill and Mixon case is that every now knows who Mixon is and the tape is out there.... My next door neighbor who doesn't give two craps about football now knows what Joe Mixon did and has seen the tape... I can promise you she has no idea who Tyreek Hill is because his face/tape wasn't plastered all over the news. That's the difference.

The first thing a team looks for when bringing in a player who has messed up in life outside of football is can they back end it with some feel good story off the field of how John Doe has rebounded. I remember helping a Florida player who was booted out of Florida and everyone kept telling me to make sure gets a story in the paper about how he has rebounded, make sure he does community work, etc... Stuff to back up his claim that he deserves a second change.. That's why teams are telling Mixon to go back.. Now he has some work off the field to save his face much like Vick did after his dog fighting crap.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree- Mixon is a pretty special RB... Hill is a great player, no doubt. But Mixon is not just a dime a dozen RB if you have evaluated him as a prospect. He is a do it all RB. He isn't just another RB..
I haven't looked at him thoroughly yet I was just trying to say that its about skillset at this point and not too much about judging the level of severity of the criminal act. Obviously everything matters but Mixon probably drops to rd5 at the very earliest and likely is a 7th-UDFA even with talent.

That said, he will have a pro career if he wants one.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did carr play with Trevor Siemian ?