• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol im just seeing jones kill it and paxton struggle. too early to call though but interior pass rush is not easy to come by (nor is quality qb play)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol im just seeing jones kill it and paxton struggle. too early to call though but interior pass rush is not easy to come by (nor is quality qb play)

I never seen what you seen in Jones ....But yes I do now ...I will perk my ears up this year on all your picks ...

You the Man .

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never seen what you seen in Jones ....But yes I do now ...I will perk my ears up this year on all your picks ...

You the Man .

i saw a guy with decent pad level, length, explosion, and movement skills both forward and lateral. He could also anchor well versus run, but it was his ability to pass rush at his size that was impressive. He needed to move to going up against T's and G's rather than playing 1 tech like MSU was doing. He was finally getting his footwork and hand technique coordinated and it was showing up on film. Wasn't yet a sum of his parts until last season went on. Now we see him blowing up NFL guards on a regular basis. He is going to be a pain in the ass for years to come unfortunately. I do really like Montravius Adams in a similar mold this season, but he is not up to the level Chris Jones was.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also don't agree with all my takes haha but I am a dline guy... if i gush over a dlineman I am pretty confident I am going to be right on them, especially interior.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before draft starts guys, let's try and be more original and not steal and slightly alter comments from draft sites and make it seem like you personally made that evaluation. Would be nice change of pace this time. :)
Biggest trap a casual fan gets into is falling for the hype of someone else's analysis. Or worse yet listening to PFF give college grades and think that it translates to the NFL in any capacity.

My bad habit is that I watch like 2 draftbreakdown videos and I think I'm an expert on a player. This counts double for QBs. Its just about the only position that I think no casual fan will ever be able to figure out because franchise QBs are too rare and the game changes too quickly to have any amount of sample size on QBs other than 'most late round guys aren't good'.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damore'ea Stringfellow has declared. WR Ole Miss. I was expecting a big LaQuan Treadwell like season for him but it never came. Bit surprised he declared with Chad Kelly graduating he has a very good QB in Shea Patterson following Kelly. Bad decision, IMO. He has great tools nonetheless, just very raw.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you steal this?

Well of course I stole it...how else would I be able to form an opinion if not for just reading what others have wrote? I honestly have not read a review on the kid from Wisconsin. I"ve seen him mocked to us or towards other teams needing an OT in the 1st so figured he is worth the watch and they just added a couple of his games to the website I go to to watch most of these guys. Finally starting to see a bit more video on some of these guys so able to form a "better" opinion compared to just the one game they have had up for a while

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest trap a casual fan gets into is falling for the hype of someone else's analysis. Or worse yet listening to PFF give college grades and think that it translates to the NFL in any capacity.

My bad habit is that I watch like 2 draftbreakdown videos and I think I'm an expert on a player. This counts double for QBs. Its just about the only position that I think no casual fan will ever be able to figure out because franchise QBs are too rare and the game changes too quickly to have any amount of sample size on QBs other than 'most late round guys aren't good'.

That doesn't mean every fan does this though as someone might have hinted at on this board. We have a couple of guys on this board that work hard to go beyond what others say and think on a player. Heck they will start hyping a guy up before the draft guru's do and see that player climb up the board big time. And we have a couple on here who actually talk to NFL people and some of these players getting to know them on a personal level. Honestly this Broncos board is better than many draft websites when it comes to information and analysis on some of these players

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean every fan does this though as someone might have hinted at on this board. We have a couple of guys on this board that work hard to go beyond what others say and think on a player. Heck they will start hyping a guy up before the draft guru's do and see that player climb up the board big time. And we have a couple on here who actually talk to NFL people and some of these players getting to know them on a personal level. Honestly this Broncos board is better than many draft websites when it comes to information and analysis on some of these players
Oh, I'm not trying to judge or anything. I spread myself too thin to really analyze the draft like people that know what they are talking about but I make sure to at least know the top 50 prospects every year.

I try to tighten my analysis every year with new red flags and new things that get overlooked and it seems like its like trying to draw a perfect circle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not trying to judge or anything. I spread myself too thin to really analyze the draft like people that know what they are talking about but I make sure to at least know the top 50 prospects every year.

I try to tighten my analysis every year with new red flags and new things that get overlooked and it seems like its like trying to draw a perfect circle.

Oh I agree but I think it is even that for teams. They have so much more information than us but still constantly miss on prospects. I'm just saying that this board right here has some of the most knowledgeable draft people I have seen outside of experts that get much more access. They work hard to form their own opinions than that of just the experts. Heck this board was talking about some prospects that were not even on most draft boards saying they could be something special then next thing you know you see those very same players being hyped around the country. Maybe they read this board to get their opinions instead of the other way around.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree but I think it is even that for teams. They have so much more information than us but still constantly miss on prospects. I'm just saying that this board right here has some of the most knowledgeable draft people I have seen outside of experts that get much more access. They work hard to form their own opinions than that of just the experts. Heck this board was talking about some prospects that were not even on most draft boards saying they could be something special then next thing you know you see those very same players being hyped around the country. Maybe they read this board to get their opinions instead of the other way around.
This is getting more hilarious by the day ! You and DC need to get a room. Funny how I make a few comments without mentioning any names and the same two " guys " take it as a personal attack on them. Inferiority complex or inflated ego or a woman scorned? Not sure. I'm sorry if my comments or posts are deemed as a attack on you both personally. There is a big beautiful world outside this board and believe it or not, you both can be somebody there too . :) Relax ladies. Next time I post something that might shake the pedestal you've put yourselves on, I 'll be sure to go ovary, I mean over it , with you two.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28

So checked out Gennesy. Here is what I have so far. Need to go watch a few more games to make sure what I'm seeing stays consistent but in the few games I have watched these are the things that have showed up...

1) I hate Texas A&M's system. So hard to judge players from their offensive system because so much of what they are asked to do at the college level they will not do at the pro level. I will say though that when you watch the Aggies one thing you always see is athleticism. Not sure there is a college program that covets that more than them but maybe Oregon. OL are no different in that as they are ridiculously athletic. I could see Gennesy being the guy you want coming off the bus first as the other team watches going "oh crap that is an OL? They are not supposed to look like that!"

2) That last part kind of goes to my second point. He is ridiculously athletic. His speed/foot quickness might be tops in this class. He is one of those guys that you look at and say "that is what a LT is supposed to look like body build wise and athleticism wise"

3a) Having said that though I think sometimes his athleticism leads to him being lazy. I don't know what is going on in the college level but Gennesy is now the 2nd LT when asked to make a reach block just outruns the defender to the spot but just keeps his back turned towards the defender to get in their way instead of turning and squaring up to make a better block. Weirdest thing I have seen when looking at OL players but he isn't the only one. Kid from Wisconsin did it much more often than him.

3b) His athleticism also causes him to not always use his hands to his advantage. He seems to be content to just get his body in the way and think that is enough but defenders seem to be able to knock his hands out of the way and get him off balance.

4) Connected to that though is when he does use his punch he is incredible at it. He has the strength in his arms just doesn't use it consistently to help him win. This is why speed rushers can actually beat him even with his great athleticism because they will get to a spot and instead of punching them off balance they can step back inside and make a play.

5) His awareness is a concern. This shows up in his work in the open field but also when he is doing a combo block he sometimes is late peeling off to that 2nd level. Part of this I do think is just scheme being what it is but part of it is he struggles to break down and get the kind of block you need in the open field.

Now I know that sounds pretty negative but believe me I would love if we drafted the kid. He is a project but one I think could thrive on the inside because he handles big guys on the edge very well and moves them out of the running lane. So he could at least start at one of the guard positions while he learns how to handle himself at one of the tackle positions. He has potential super star ability at the LT position and a guy that could start anywhere on the OL and find success. Just needs a lot of work on technique which unfortunately takes time at the NFL level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting more hilarious by the day ! You and DC need to get a room. Funny how I make a few comments without mentioning any names and the same two " guys " take it as a personal attack on them. Inferiority complex or inflated ego or a woman scorned? Not sure. I'm sorry if my comments or posts are deemed as a attack on you both personally. There is a big beautiful world outside this board and believe it or not, you both can be somebody there too . :) Relax ladies. Next time I post something that might shake the pedestal you've put yourselves on, I 'll be sure to go ovary, I mean over it , with you two.

Well for DC this is part of his livelihood. This is what he loves to do and puts a lot of hours and hard work into getting to know these players personally and then is kind enough to share that with us on here. Seems like I remember you even requesting DC to ask a question to a player last year and guess what he did just for you. Yet you come on here and mock what he does. I guess if that is what you enjoy doing then do you but I appreciate DC and others who are willing to give some of their time telling us and others about some draft prospects to keep an eye on. You might say it is a waste of time but to them it is a hobby or even a job. The people who post here all have lives outside of this board but we come here because we enjoy talking football with other people who love football like we do.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for DC this is part of his livelihood. This is what he loves to do and puts a lot of hours and hard work into getting to know these players personally and then is kind enough to share that with us on here. Seems like I remember you even requesting DC to ask a question to a player last year and guess what he did just for you. Yet you come on here and mock what he does. I guess if that is what you enjoy doing then do you but I appreciate DC and others who are willing to give some of their time telling us and others about some draft prospects to keep an eye on. You might say it is a waste of time but to them it is a hobby or even a job. The people who post here all have lives outside of this board but we come here because we enjoy talking football with other people who love football like we do.

woah woah... let's not get ahead of ourselves here... define 'lives'. Is competitive pizza eating in your underwear a 'life' outside of the board?
Asking for a friend.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you on Gennesey and technique/instinct issue, but we need to start getting guys who fit better athletic profiles on our line. No more Sambrailo reach type picks. With dlines getting bigger faster and stronger then ever, it takes more than technique these days. Trench warfare has changed substantially since the 98-99 superbowl days. Gennesey has some tremendous upside, and I love that he has potential to play all 5 positions on the oline. It's those type of upside/versatile guys that make a good 3rd-5th round pick.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Reynolds is a guy to know imo. killing it for A&M. Not enough buzz. 10 tds this year, caught 1 td in 7 consecutive games, and 1 td in 10 of the 12 games this year. 49 receptions, over 18 yards a catch, has length, has very nice catch radius and contested catch ability, strong hands. Biggest flaw is he is playing on a team that had trevor knight at qb

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Just saw a mock with obi melifonwu going round 1. Holy cow. Pry about time to do a new mock since he def isn't goign round 1 (thanks CBS)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see which guys declare in Jan. Can we hope for some OL :).

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS IS FROM WALTERFOOTBALL, NOT ORIGINAL CONTENT.

2017 NFL Draft Stock Up

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Stanford_logo.gif

Stanford_logo.gif
Solomon Thomas, LB, Stanford
WalterFootball.com was the first to report that Thomas intends to enter the 2017 NFL Draft. Thomas has enjoyed an excellent junior season as a big presence on the edge of the Stanford defense. In 2016, he has 55 tackles with 13 for a loss and seven sacks. Thomas possesses good speed off the edge with strength and physicality. The 6-foot-3, 273-pounder would probably fit best in a 3-4 defense as an outside linebacker. Sources say they are grading Thomas out a second-round pick for the 2017 NFL Draft.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Stanford_logo.gif

Stanford_logo.gif
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Along with Thomas, WalterFootball.com was first to report that McCaffrey would be entering the 2017 NFL Draft. NFL teams have been giving McCaffrey late first-round grades, but he could move higher. Stanford's staff says that McCaffrey will test really well and has freaky workouts. They think he will run well and be a combine star. He also is a great kid off the field and will interview well. Furthermore, he is a team leader whp pushes his teammates to be better.

McCaffrey has two seasons of good tape with big production as a runner, receiver and returner. He is averaging 6.3 yards per carry this year for 1,603 yards and 13 touchdowns. McCaffrey also has 37 receptions for 310 yards and three touchdowns through the air. His stock could rise throughout the leadup to the 2017 NFL Draft, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going in the top 25.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/WesternKentucky_logo.gif

WesternKentucky_logo.gif
Forrest Lamp, OT, Western Kentucky
Lamp was invited to the Senior Bowl after an excellent collegiate career. He had 39 straight starts and was a tough lineman at the point of attack. At 6-foot-4, 300 pounds, Lamp is going to need to add some strength for the NFL. If his listed height holds true at the weigh-in in Mobile, then Lamp is a candidate to remain at tackle. If he is shorter than 6-foot-4, he probably will have to move inside to guard.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Kentucky_logo.gif

Kentucky_logo.gif
Jon Toth, C, Kentucky
Toth had a fine senior season and career at Kentucky. He has started 47 straight games and was a big part of the Wildcats have a team average of 5.5 yards per carry. At 6-foot-5, 310-pounds, Toth has good size to be a center in the NFL. If he has a strong week at Mobile he could rise to be one of the top centers in the 2017 draft class.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/TennesseeState_logo.gif

TennesseeState_logo.gif
Jessamen Dunker, G, Tennessee State
One of the many great things about the Senior Bowl is the small-school players who get the opportunity to prove themselves against a higher level of competition. There have been a number of good prospects who put their draft stocks on the map via this route, and one player who could be a candidate for that this year is Dunker. The 6-foot-5, 305-pounder has good size and could get stronger in a pro strength and conditioning program. The offensive line class of the 2017 NFL Draft isn't very talented, so Dunker could rise if he impresses in January.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Wisconsin_logo.gif

Wisconsin_logo.gif
T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
Watt has had an excellent 2016 season, and he was a terror in the first half against Penn State in the Big Ten Championship Game. Watt had a number of good pressures and near sacks in the early going. He also made a nice tackle in pursuit, plus set the edge well in run defense. In the second quarter, Watt came off the edge to beat a block from the running back and then land a strip sack that was recovered by Wisconsin. Early in the fourth quarter though, Watt was mismatched in coverage against Saquon Barkley and the wheel route to Barkley burned Watt for a touchdown. That kind of assignment isn't the right fit for Watt in the NFL or college. Overall, this was an impressive performance from Watt.

The junior has collected 59 tackles with 14.5 tackles for a loss, 10.5 sacks, three passes batted, one forced fumble and one interception in 2016. He is a tough edge defender in the ground game who also has some serious pass-rushing potential for the NFL. Watt would be a great fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker and has the athletic upside to grow at the pro level. If he enters the 2017 NFL Draft, Watt could be a Thursday night selection.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Clemson_logo.gif

Clemson_logo.gif
Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
Leggett provided a real mismatch against Virginia Tech. Even though Clemson didn't use him enough, Leggett made two huge receptions that were difference-makers in the Tigers' seven-point victory. Leggett caught four passes for 49 yards with two scores. In the first quarter, the Hokies bit on a play-action and let Leggett run wide open for a 21-yard touchdown. He added another score by burning a cornerback in man coverage on a slant to get a 10-yard touchdown. The tape if the ACC Championship will help Leggett in the 2017 NFL Draft's deep class of tight ends. He could be a second- or third-round pick.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Clemson_logo.gif

Clemson_logo.gif
Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
Watkins came through with some clutch plays to help the Tigers hold onto a hard-fought conference championship with a win over Virginia Tech. In the third quarter, Watkins fought off a guard and then took down the quarterback for a third-down sack that knocked the Hokies out of field goal range. Watkins added another sack a short time later as he fought through the guard and tracked down the quarterback following a scramble toward the line of scrimmage. Both plays ended up being extremely clutch in keeping Virginia Tech from tying the game.

Watkins definitely helped himself in the ACC Championship game. He gave NFL evaluators a tape that showed he can contribute to the pass rush as an interior penetrator. Watkins has the quickness to get into the pocket and strength to fight off blocks. This tape could help him to go on the second day of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Draft Stock - Week 14