• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he placed himself on the map last year and built off that. Not sure what his military obligations are, but he has a shot... Good ball skills and can pop a player. Not sure on speed, but he has been productive at Air Force.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a few of Ryan Ramczyk's games for Wisconsin. I'm starting to understand the hype just a bit. There are quite a few negatives in his game but then you also see some high quality traits in the kid.

The bad:
Hand usage is up and down. Saw too many plays that he didn't even use his hands. On a few reach blocks (something he will be asked to do for the Broncos) he just outran the defender then just put his body in their way. Didn't even use his hands. Correctable but a really bad habit I don't like to see.

Has long stretches where he plays too high in his stance. He is a big tall guy and he has to learn to bend down a bit or players will use leverage to drive him back. Again correctable and something he doesn't do all the time. So he knows the proper technique he just lacks consistency. Which honestly when you think about this being his first year playing Division I football you understand it a bit more.

Can be late getting out of his stance. Seems like a couple of times a game the snap almost surprises him.

Can struggle sometimes in the open field to break down and make a nice block.

The good:
I would say of all the OL players I have watched so far he easily has the best feet I have seen. He has very quick feet and a great short shuffle that helps him to get into position. Honestly his QB did him very few favors with how deep his drop back is (seems to be a theme in young QB's) and I saw this kid adjust his depth just in time to keep a defender off his QB that should have stepped up long before that point.
As I said earlier on his reach blocks he doesn't use his hands but part of that is he is so quick footed he actually gets in front of the defender and then just slows down to get in their way. If he can learn proper hand technique to go with those hands he could turn into a very high quality Tackle.

Can get some good movement in the run game. He is not the strongest guy in the world by any means but he knows how to use a player's momentum against them to knock them out of the play. I saw quite a few run plays that if he couldn't drive a guy down the field he at least worked to move him to the side to help open up a nice hole for the RB.

Just a quick note about the Badgers. The games I watched I kept getting frustrated with the coaching. Against LSU and against Minnesota especially the offense was struggling to move the ball. They kept trying to run the football over the right side of the OL with no success. Then they switched to running behind this kid and the LG and just ran people over. Then after scoring a touchdown they went back to trying to run over the right side. Coaches can be geniuses one moment and leave you shaking your head in disbelief the next.

I also really liked his ability in picking up the blitz. He keeps his body square not getting caught off guard by a delayed blitz or a stunt.

Overall I see a very inconsistent athletic Tackle. Those types of guys are big risk and big reward. The biggest issue with them though is it at LEAST and I emphasize the AT LEAST part usually take one year to develop before you see any kind of quality production from them. I wouldn't be upset if the Broncos had a chance to take him and did. There is some huge upside with this kid but also have to understand just like Paxton Lynch for this year upside can also mean some pretty tough growing pains.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clady made it from Boise State to the 1st round and played well in his rookie year. I want a repeat of that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks CD - Whatever Ryan Clady graded out - get his profile out of the drawer and that's what they need to get in the next draft (if possible). Ryan Clady made it from Boise State to the 1st round and played well in his rookie year. I want a repeat of that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks CD - Whatever Ryan Clady graded out - get his profile out of the drawer and that's what they need to get in the next draft (if possible). Ryan Clady made it from Boise State to the 1st round and played well in his rookie year. I want a repeat of that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get the picture. ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching bedlam yesterday. OU LT is pretty damn good too. Kept flashing. Orlando Brown I think? He looks NFL level to me. RS Sophomore.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a few of Ryan Ramczyk's games for Wisconsin. I'm starting to understand the hype just a bit. There are quite a few negatives in his game but then you also see some high quality traits in the kid.

The bad:
Hand usage is up and down. Saw too many plays that he didn't even use his hands. On a few reach blocks (something he will be asked to do for the Broncos) he just outran the defender then just put his body in their way. Didn't even use his hands. Correctable but a really bad habit I don't like to see.

Has long stretches where he plays too high in his stance. He is a big tall guy and he has to learn to bend down a bit or players will use leverage to drive him back. Again correctable and something he doesn't do all the time. So he knows the proper technique he just lacks consistency. Which honestly when you think about this being his first year playing Division I football you understand it a bit more.

Can be late getting out of his stance. Seems like a couple of times a game the snap almost surprises him.

The good:
I would say of all the OL players I have watched so far he easily has the best feet I have seen. He has very quick feet and a great short shuffle that helps him to get into position. Honestly his QB did him very few favors with how deep his drop back is (seems to be a theme in young QB's) and I saw this kid adjust his depth just in time to keep a defender off his QB that should have stepped up long before that point.
As I said earlier on his reach blocks he doesn't use his hands but part of that is he is so quick footed he actually gets in front of the defender and then just slows down to get in their way. If he can learn proper hand technique to go with those hands he could turn into a very high quality Tackle.

Can get some good movement in the run game. He is not the strongest guy in the world by any means but he knows how to use a player's momentum against them to knock them out of the play. I saw quite a few run plays that if he couldn't drive a guy down the field he at least worked to move him to the side to help open up a nice hole for the RB.

Just a quick note about the Badgers. The games I watched I kept getting frustrated with the coaching. Against LSU and against Minnesota especially the offense was struggling to move the ball. They kept trying to run the football over the right side of the OL with no success. Then they switched to running behind this kid and the LG and just ran people over. Then after scoring a touchdown they went back to trying to run over the right side. Coaches can be geniuses one moment and leave you shaking your head in disbelief the next.

I also really liked his ability in picking up the blitz. He keeps his body square not getting caught off guard by a delayed blitz or a stunt.

Overall I see a very inconsistent athletic Tackle. Those types of guys are big risk and big reward. The biggest issue with them though is it at LEAST and I emphasize the AT LEAST part usually take one year to develop before you see any kind of quality production from them. I wouldn't be upset if the Broncos had a chance to take him and did. There is some huge upside with this kid but also have to understand just like Paxton Lynch for this year upside can also mean some pretty tough growing pains.

Did you steal this?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bad:

The good:

He needs to get stronger too. Best for him bout be to go back one more year... just my opinion

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy- I have my own draft site and use my own opinion. I watch with my own two eyes to make my own opinion. It's basically all I do from September to April. Everyone who has known me knows this. I know what you're are tying to do, I think we all do... It is cute though. :-). I get most of my information from my two eyes or some from agents who have inside information to scouts. I try and share as best as I can with what I can. It's what us draftnik's want to hear, know and discuss. We all understand you aren't all that of an expert on the draft, it is really no big deal. Just sit back and listen... No need to get all riled up, nobody thinks they are better then you because of it. Carry on! If it upsets you perhaps you should stick with predicting the score threads. I've been doing this for many years. I've never claimed I am good at it, but it is my own opinion I can assure you on that.
Yeah. Saw your draft site.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB was over the line of scrimmage

Just watched it like 10 times. No he wasn't lol ball was snapped at 46 and he kept his whole body behind that line. However, rule is he can step past it as long as a part of him is behind the LOS (but he threw from the 47 here, not the 46)

Keeping me on my toes lol

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it like 10 times. No he wasn't lol ball was snapped at 46 and he kept his whole body behind that line. However, rule is he can step past it as long as a part of him is behind the LOS (but he threw from the 47 here, not the 46)

Keeping me on my toes lol

Okay I thought 50 I take your word on it .. I do like his skills set so it really does not matter .. you are right worth watching more ..

I am in the thought process we do still need a QB OTF after that last game . I don't want to be that negative but that was Damn hard to watch .

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I thought 50 I take your word on it .. I do like his skills set so it really does not matter .. you are right worth watching more ..

I am in the thought process we do still need a QB OTF after that last game . I don't want to be that negative but that was Damn hard to watch .

We won't invest in a QBOTF until next draft. Siemian has shown flashes and too much capital in lynch to give up yet. We will have another training camp battle next season that will decide, and reevaluate from there. If Lynch doesn't pan out and Chris Jones goes on to be an all-pro I will be sad though.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is Talented but I am now worried he is not able to run this system .

I wonder if we should trade him .. I get it not much for a guy we gave up on that quickly but I don't see it ?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its too early to tell. far too early. we knew he was gonna be a multi year project given how raw he was coming in. Needs work still. Glad they have more tape on him though and he struggled because if he is worth anything, that should drive him to get better.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't invest in a QBOTF until next draft. Siemian has shown flashes and too much capital in lynch to give up yet. We will have another training camp battle next season that will decide, and reevaluate from there. If Lynch doesn't pan out and Chris Jones goes on to be an all-pro I will be sad though.

Eh Jones is not any better than Jackson ....You don't get QB's OTF in the 5th round to often yet DE 5 Tec you can .