• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most likely the Broncos would be picking in the late teens. Right now there isn't a single mock draft I have seen that has him going out of the top-10. Most have him around top-5. That would mean trading probably 2 more 1st round picks to trade up plus some mid round picks to get up to that point.

I know he's just really really good, hopefully the Browns draft him they love trading down, and we never have to see him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was out of reach for us after we traded up for Paxton. He wasn't falling to our 2nd and he fell into the late round 1/ early round 2 draft range. Sucks that he is on KC though.
I'm guessing Jones and Paxton were going to end up on KC or Denver and the teams just had to decide who wanted Paxton more.

I thought Jones had the 2nd best tape of all prospects last year (Karl Joseph had better tape imo but lesser measurables) and Jones was just going to fall to mid 1st round because of positional fit. He was easily my favorite Chiefs pick last year and quite the steal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's just really really good, hopefully the Browns draft him they love trading down, and we never have to see him.

Oh I get why you want him. He is that talented. Just doubting our chances at a shot at him unless we lose every game to close out the season and can get in that 12-15 range for picks.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Jones and Paxton were going to end up on KC or Denver and the teams just had to decide who wanted Paxton more.

I thought Jones had the 2nd best tape of all prospects last year (Karl Joseph had better tape imo but lesser measurables) and Jones was just going to fall to mid 1st round because of positional fit. He was easily my favorite Chiefs pick last year and quite the steal.

Ugh get out of here lol I WANTED JONES! you can stay because of the birds on the bat though...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about being as in love with the draft as myself or you Doc is that stuff like that is gonna happen.

I remember when KC drafted Jamaal Charles... I was on suicide watch... at least Ed Reed went to a team I liked.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about being as in love with the draft as myself or you Doc is that stuff like that is gonna happen.

I remember when KC drafted Jamaal Charles... I was on suicide watch... at least Ed Reed went to a team I liked.

wait
you like the ravens?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least chris jones didn't go to oakland or new england. i have family that are chiefs fans and KC is a fun place to catch a game. I would pry root for them in the playoffs even if we were eliminated and it came down to them, oakland, new england, dallas, and seattle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least chris jones didn't go to oakland or new england. i have family that are chiefs fans and KC is a fun place to catch a game. I would pry root for them in the playoffs even if we were eliminated and it came down to them, oakland, new england, dallas, and seattle.

I would definitely root for them over New England or the Raiders. My best friend is a Chiefs fan so wouldn't mind seeing him excited about the team winning a Super Bowl. Anybody but the Raiders though. Those fans would be unbearable.

And yeah I think most of us here had a nice mancrush on Jones. I'm happy with the Lynch pick and am excited to see what he brings to the team over the next few weeks. If he ends up panning out then I can live with them not getting Jones. Honestly this past draft is maybe my favorite since Elway took over the team. Gotsis is the one pick I really questioned mostly because I just knew so little about the guy and couldnt' believe we were using a 2nd round pick. Beyond that though Simmons was a great pick and has done well in his role this year. I don't think anybody here was allowed to be against Booker after Scott pounded the table for him and he has done decently. McGovern we will just have to wait and see but I thought he was a good value pick. Janovich even before he took a snap I figured he would quickly become a fan favorite around here because he just plays the game the way you want to see. Parks again another value pick to add depth to a position that we struggled with depth last year. And of course Dixon I didn't mind as you don't usually find a starter in the 7th round of the draft anyway and Colquitt's contract was a bit out of control. Dixon has been great this year honestly for being a rookie. He has improved as the year has gone on and has had some big time punts when we needed them. This past game would have maybe been his best if not for some terrible penalties.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely root for them over New England or the Raiders. My best friend is a Chiefs fan so wouldn't mind seeing him excited about the team winning a Super Bowl. Anybody but the Raiders though. Those fans would be unbearable.

And yeah I think most of us here had a nice mancrush on Jones. I'm happy with the Lynch pick and am excited to see what he brings to the team over the next few weeks. If he ends up panning out then I can live with them not getting Jones. Honestly this past draft is maybe my favorite since Elway took over the team. Gotsis is the one pick I really questioned mostly because I just knew so little about the guy and couldnt' believe we were using a 2nd round pick. Beyond that though Simmons was a great pick and has done well in his role this year. I don't think anybody here was allowed to be against Booker after Scott pounded the table for him and he has done decently. McGovern we will just have to wait and see but I thought he was a good value pick. Janovich even before he took a snap I figured he would quickly become a fan favorite around here because he just plays the game the way you want to see. Parks again another value pick to add depth to a position that we struggled with depth last year. And of course Dixon I didn't mind as you don't usually find a starter in the 7th round of the draft anyway and Colquitt's contract was a bit out of control. Dixon has been great this year honestly for being a rookie. He has improved as the year has gone on and has had some big time punts when we needed them. This past game would have maybe been his best if not for some terrible penalties.

dixon has been awesome the last 5 games or so. He can fucking boot the ball

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been very impressed with his growth throughout this season. Just reading practice reports I was shocked when we decided to keep him over Colquitt. It didn't sound like the competition was even close. I can see now though the potential they saw in this kid to be our punter for a long time and be a high quality guy at that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make me sick. We are never talking again.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if we pick a punter in rd 1 as long as we improve this O line next year ! Gawd Lordy ! :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to let him take off and run - when he sees the opening. I've yelled at the TV a couple of times - teams aren't guarding against that possibility and that is what he did successfully in college ball - almost famously.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruben Foster is a flipping monster. Could be a top 10 pick at ILB. Sideline to sideline with violent hits and long arms. Will get better in coverage over time i think (he is already solid there).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foster. He needs to be more consistent, but he has every tool. He reminds me a lot of Hightower coming out. Both very physical.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looks to be a tad better athletically to me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say athletically they are pretty close, which you're basically saying by using the term "tad", so I think you're agreeing with me that they are similar. ;)