• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of being a successful WR is to create targets maybe there is a reason he isn't getting "targets", he is getting PT. I agree that Taylor hasn't had a great opportunity yet but when you drop passes there is a reason for that. He has a history of that. He also fumbled vs SD and not that others haven't but the staff sees him daily in practice so he has to create his opportunity. He's got some talent but not ready to deoend on him yet. He's shown us the good and bad. See how he develops the rest of the year.

hard for a receiver to pop with the passing game the way it is right now. I'm not hoping for manning, but a bit more consistency would be nice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. But can't blame dropping and fumblung on your QB. But agree. Hard to say what any unproven WR will be right now.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of taylor decker actually

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article on MHR that says Trevathan is projected to net us a 4th round pick, whereas it was projected as a 5th rounder before. This is fantastic news getting a selection 32 picks earlier and gives us even more capital to move around

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article on MHR that says Trevathan is projected to net us a 4th round pick, whereas it was projected as a 5th rounder before. This is fantastic news getting a selection 32 picks earlier and gives us even more capital to move around

Actually saw the Bears play last weekend and thought Trevathan looked really good - he is having a big year. I don't think the current guys cover the pass as well as Trevathan did - causing the Broncos to cover more with the Safety instead of the LB. I love to have a 4th. I wonder if the Broncs figured this out a week ago when they traded away their 5th?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vine

Yes. Yes. Yes.

We want to run the ball and dominate at the line. This guy starts it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in.......a solid running game improves the passing game......99.9% of the time ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vine

Yes. Yes. Yes.

We want to run the ball and dominate at the line. This guy starts it.

I really enjoyed that - thanks Doc.

Gunther is a mauler - love to see that for the Oline. I also get to scout him tomorrow against the Buffs.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some tidbits from matt miller

Connor Williams
is only a true sophomore at Texas, but that hasn't stopped scouts from peeking at No. 55 when they visit Austin. Said one scout this week: "[He] reminds me of Joe Thomas, and I've never said that before about a player."

T Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky

I wrote about Lamp in this week's "Hidden Gems" article, and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite interior offensive line prospects in the country.

Lamp plays tackle for Western Kentucky but has the size of an NFL guard at 6'4" and 300 pounds. He has the versatility to play at guard or even right tackle in a pinch. With excellent agility and an understanding of how to handle defenders in space, Lamp will be turning heads at the Senior Bowl.

DL Montravius Adams, Auburn

Every year, there is a defensive line prospect who flashes on film and has the look of an NFL starter but might have questions about work ethic or something off the field. This year, that's Montravius Adams—a player who flashes the talent of a top-15 pick on film but doesn't always play with the motor you'd like from an elite player.

Adams has incredible potential as an athlete, which could lead to the NFL valuing him above where his production would slot him. Given his ability as a 3-technique pass-rusher—and this being a fairly weak class at that position—Adams' stock could skyrocket with a strong end to the season and a big showing at the Senior Bowl and NFL Scouting Combine.

When I started this week's film reviews, I had Adams with a Round 2 grade. After watching four more games to prepare for the Alabama matchup, I've moved Adams into the top 20.

G Dan Feeney, Indiana

The best offensive lineman in this class might not play tackle or center. He might not be at an SEC or Big 12 school. Indiana's Dan Feeney, who has a Round 1 grade right now, has a legitimate chance to end up the highest-ranked offensive lineman by April.

Feeney plays with a mean streak but also has the agility and balance to finesse in pass protection. He is also athletic enough to get out in space and make plays on traps and pulls. Watching him use his hands and maul defenders at the point of attack, I see a player very similar to Ryan Kelly in last year's draft.

TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss

Evan Engram leads all college tight ends in receiving yards and has already accepted a Senior Bowl invitation. His athletic profile is ideal for a flex-tight end, and from a physical standpoint, he's reminiscent of Jordan Reed.

Engram isn't an elite blocker, but if you want an athletic tight end (6'3", 235 pounds) who can play in the slot and be a nightmare in the middle of the field, he's your man. And as players like Reed and Delanie Walker become attractive to teams, Engram's name will start to move up draft boards.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love my DB's and the Florida Gators don't think I am being a homer here,,, ;)... Quincy Wilson is the most consistent/impressive CB I have seen all year.. and Teez Tabor is probably right after him. Like a ton of CBs in this draft. Desmond King, Marshon Lattimore and Chidobe, Sidney Jones among others with great weekends again as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kendell, DE, Iowa watch out for him next year...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor hasn't got many targets consistently in games to really evaluate him plus some drops he got hammered or were tough catches to boot. You can evaluate Lat all day and come up with same story but you don't have enough game for Taylor yet. Let the guy get 7 or targets a couple games in a row and then you will have better idea. Right now, the sample size isn't enough. Hell, no wr is taking any ownership so far on this team. Sanders prob the most.

What I am speaking to here though is the fact that this has been what is happening in practice when he is getting more targets. Like I said I do know his route running has greatly improved and I do think his hands have been a bit more consistent as he gets more comfortable running different routes but if you are dropping them in practice or not running great routes in practice then many times in the games you are not going to see the ball as often. I do think Taylor is emerging as that 3rd target though on offense. I am still hoping it ends up being Derby as I think he can be a greater threat to help out in the run game as well but if we can get either Derby or Taylor as a consistent target then this offense becomes much more explosive and it should help out in the run game with teams having to respect those players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So been playing catch up a bit with all the holiday traveling and such. I had clicked on this thread on my phone but must have missed this over the weekend. Figured I would give my feed back.

1) I have the Colorado/Utah game recorded to watch tomorrow at some point (obviously not during the Broncos game) but a big part of it is just to get the chance to watch this kid play. I've now watched 3 of his games from this season and am hoping for a 4th tomorrow/today. I have a different comparison than you but just as complimentary. He reminds me of just a bit smaller version of Ronnie Stanley. Stanley was known for his toughness and aggressiveness in the run game and I see that same thing. I also think he has similar foot speed to really get to spots other Tackles can only dream of. He would be a huge addition being able to play multiple positions on this OL. I'm afraid he will quickly rise up draft boards though partly because of teams getting some more opportunities to watch him but also just because of the lack of quality OT's in this draft.

2) I'm not as big of a Jarron Jones fan as you but he is growing on me. Just seems like as the season has progressed he has improved. Stinks that the talent around him is so terrible that the defense looks like trash but then again the fact that he can shine so much on such a bad unit shows how well he is doing. Teams key on him yet he is still making plays. You are right when he puts it all together he shows 1st round potential. This pick for me depends so much on what the Broncos do this off season with guys like Sly and Vance Walker. If we bring back Walker then to me I don't see us going DE/DT until later in the draft. If we don't then we will need to continue to add to this group. Some will also depend on the growth of Gotsis.

3) Dede Westbrook for me honestly depends on which QB the Broncos plan on starting as weird as that sounds. If Lynch is our QB then Westbrook is a perfect fit with what the Broncos will want to do of getting vertical. Siemian just doesn't attack that part of the field and wouldn't take advantage of the skill set of a guy like Westbrook. So if Lynch is considered our starter next year and beyond then I surround him with these type of playmakers and just let them fly. I do like the added special teams bonus obviously but honestly haven't gotten to the WR's for scouting yet. Hopefully this next week will look at them a bit more.

4) Sprinkle continues to grow on me as well. Honestly this draft you have here is adding a ridiculous level of athleticism to this team. A lot of what I would consider raw talent that needs time to develop. Not sure how much of this group contributes day 1 on this team. Westbrook obviously for special teams and most likely Bolles would find his way as a starter at some position on the OL but I look at Sprinkle getting some spot duty in the red zone and Jones getting maybe 15% of the snaps depending who we bring back. Still this could be like the 2012 class that we didn't know what we had until a couple of years into it.

Beyond this I'll have to look at the players more and get back to you. I actually have about 2 weeks off from work after tomorrow (still some work to be done but my big projects will be done) so will have a bit more time to look at some of these later round guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kept reading more on your Mock. I love the Lamp pick! I am a huge fan of this kid and even think he could do well playing at the Tackle position. He would need a couple of years though so don't mind him starting out his career at the guard position and if he grows then moving out to the tackle position. One of the few players I have seen handle what Alabama will throw at an OL. Went against 1st round type players and didn't give up a single pressure if I remember right in that game. So you know the talent is there. It isn't just the lack of talent he is going up against. IF we could get Bolles and Lamp in the same draft combined with Paradis and the hopes that either McGovern, Garcia, or Schofield can actually grow as a player I really do think we will have gone a long way in seeing this OL be good for many years to come. Next year might not be the prettiest with so many young players playing but if we can show some patience it could really pay off with one of the most athletic OL's in all of football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright couldn't help myself...had to watch some Dede Westbrook since you guys have talked about him so much. Mostly good from what I can see

The Good...
Speed is obviously a plus with this kid
Maybe more importantly is the quickness. His work in and out of breaks if he can get that cleaned up would be incredible at the NFL level. This is where I wish we could bring in a guy like Wes Welker to work with these WR's on how to use route running to get open. I have only seen maybe one player better at that and that was Marvin Harrison.
Decent hands
Good body control
Obviously starter day 1 for special teams for us
Adds a new element to this offense that teams have to account for every week.

Question marks
While I do think he has decent hands and appreciated that most passes he didn't let it get into his body (one of my biggest pet peeves of WR's in the college game) I just haven't seen him make a ton of catches in traffic. While he has the speed and ability to get open in the college level I just don't see that being the case as often in the pros so he will have to make more difficult catches. This was one of the issues for Tavon Austin when he came out is he just couldn't make the catches in traffic and became a limited player. what he did well it was great but it was only good for a few plays a game. I would want Westbrook to have more all around ability.

Inconsistent route running--I saw him on one deep ball do just an incredible double move to get open. Had the DB completely flipped around. Then I watched him not too long after that on an in and out play completely round off his route. He was still open and made the catch but in the pros that won't be the case. Those extra couple of steps he had to take are plenty for the safety to get over or the Corner to catch back up.

I would love if the Broncos drafted him. I just would be a bit more cautious of my expectations of him. I was all in on Latimer when we drafted him. I just couldn't get enough of watching his college games and seeing him win so many 50/50 balls because his QB was terrible and he had to make a ton of spectacular catches. I missed on him that they only asked him to run a few routes. I just figured that was a college thing and that coming to the NFL he could handle the NFL route tree after a year of learning. I guess not.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for checking my mock out. I did try to add athleticism to defense because i feel like we can develop those guys and they can contribute to special teams day 1. both the secondary guys I added are well worth watching as they are freaksss

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Roberts TE Toledo was a pleasant surprise watching this weekend. Big TE. Good blocker. Late round gem