• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those last 2 comments cracked me up.

Because both could be true. haha.

My biggest knock on Hollins is his hands, something I've never questioned in Latimer, but Mack is brighter upstairs.

Both have good hearts and are good people.

Ya never know when a player is going to bust, but Hollins has very good tools.

Latimer honestly had some of the best hands I have seen in a college WR. I just cannot remember seeing him drop a pass and his ability on those 50/50 balls was just down right impressive. I kind of thought of him like that of Alshon Jeffery for the Bears. He just has never though been able to handle an NFL playbook to get himself on the field. Those are the types of things that we just can't always see show up when watching the games. You can see the talent is undeniable but you just never know the mental makeup of the player. I really did have high hopes when we drafted Latimer. Still a great special teams guy for us and has made a few catches here and there. Still has one more year left and I can see him being the perfect match with a guy like Paxton Lynch who does a lot more off script type plays.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimer has probably top 5 hands of any WR I have ever evaluated during the draft process. He might even have the "best" hands I have ever seen in the draft, which makes it so painful as to why he hasn't turned out.

I was so high on Latimer coming out... I thought at worst he could be a good possession guy if for whatever reason he couldn't stretch the field. Now he is looking like another AJ Jenkins.

At least last year he was giving us great special teams play. I haven't seen that out of him this year, granted he missed 3 weeks. I wonder what a change could do him, but sadly I feel he just may not have it like AJ Jenkins. Something doesn't click for him at the NFL level which is just too bad. I thought he'd get more of a chacne this year, but it appears as if Norwood, Fowler and Taylor are all ahead of him and none of them are exactly blowing up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimer has probably top 5 hands of any WR I have ever evaluated during the draft process. He might even have the "best" hands I have ever seen in the draft, which makes it so painful as to why he hasn't turned out.

I was so high on Latimer coming out... I thought at worst he could be a good possession guy if for whatever reason he couldn't stretch the field. Now he is looking like another AJ Jenkins.

At least last year he was giving us great special teams play. I haven't seen that out of him this year, granted he missed 3 weeks. I wonder what a change could do him, but sadly I feel he just may not have it like AJ Jenkins. Something doesn't click for him at the NFL level which is just too bad. I thought he'd get more of a chacne this year, but it appears as if Norwood, Fowler and Taylor are all ahead of him and none of them are exactly blowing up.

Taylor has shown up a bit more the last couple of weeks and seems to have a much more clear role than before so I am excited to see how that continues. You are right though Latimer just seems to be missing something that is critical to being a great WR in this league. He has all the physical tools you could want but he is a great example of that just not being enough in the NFL like it is for college.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more i watch skai moore the more i like. He is small, yes, but he looks to have length and great ability of getting off blocks. Also one of the better cover linebackers I have seen in a long while. He will likely fall in draft if he can't test due to injury, but he really looks like a special athlete. If he can get up to and maintain weight around 225-230, he could be a special 'moneybacker' type.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How come Taylor will make one great catch early in the game and then basically nothing the rest of the game. Very odd.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, be nice to see some consistent play out of him. He still has the drops issue. He can make a play and his size is great in the RZ, but he has to be consistent and hang onto the ball if he wants to last in this league. His hands are so suspect. But he can improve on that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come Taylor will make one great catch early in the game and then basically nothing the rest of the game. Very odd.

I think this has happened for a few of reasons

1) Route running--He has improved in this area quite a bit but he was terrible even in training camp at times of using good route running to get open.

2) Inconsistency. This year we are seeing I think the highest rate of passes being thrown to our #1 and #2 WR than ever before. I think with Siemian he just doesn't really trust players beyond those 2 to actually make a play. This past game we did see a much more balanced passing attack where guys like Green, Derby, and Taylor actually saw a few more targets.

3) The biggest struggles for Siemian are actually throwing over the middle. His sweet spot is on the left side and when he is pressured that is where he likes to go. Well for Taylor and those complimentary players a lot of their work is done over the middle of the field where sometimes Siemian just won't even look. I'm actually working on an article right now that involves Derby. He ran 4 seam routes during this past game. All 4 of them he had broken open with 3 of them most likely being touchdowns. The other one he was in single coverage and the guy wasn't too far behind but even just throw it up and let the big man win the 50/50 ball. Siemian didn't pull the trigger on a single one. My biggest hope for this bye week is that Siemian watched that Saints game and is kicking himself for not having seen that play develop perfectly!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have Jabril Peppers #4 to the Jets...

I have and always have though of him as a S, not a LB. You gotta take advantage of his cover skills and ability to read and react to the ball. He could be a fine LB. He is a crazy athlete.

Explosion of a RB, coverage ability of a CB, range, reaction and read ability like a S, tackle ability of a LB.

IMO he should have stayed at CB or S all 3 years and concentrated on that... Wasn't a huge fan of him moving to LB although he clearly is a good LB.. Just think he will be viewed as a DB at the NFL level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have Jabril Peppers #4 to the Jets...

I have and always have though of him as a S, not a LB. You gotta take advantage of his cover skills and ability to read and react to the ball. He could be a fine LB. He is a crazy athlete.

Explosion of a RB, coverage ability of a CB, range, reaction and read ability like a S, tackle ability of a LB.

IMO he should have stayed at CB or S all 3 years and concentrated on that... Wasn't a huge fan of him moving to LB although he clearly is a good LB.. Just think he will be viewed as a DB at the NFL level.

Not often you hear of a player being too versatile that it could hurt them

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3) The biggest struggles for Siemian are actually throwing over the middle. His sweet spot is on the left side and when he is pressured that is where he likes to go. Well for Taylor and those complimentary players a lot of their work is done over the middle of the field where sometimes Siemian just won't even look. I'm actually working on an article right now that involves Derby. He ran 4 seam routes during this past game. All 4 of them he had broken open with 3 of them most likely being touchdowns. The other one he was in single coverage and the guy wasn't too far behind but even just throw it up and let the big man win the 50/50 ball. Siemian didn't pull the trigger on a single one. My biggest hope for this bye week is that Siemian watched that Saints game and is kicking himself for not having seen that play develop perfectly!

Sux for Denver because Winston ate KC up yesterday in the middle of the field. He needs to get the OK to throw up 50/50 balls. At this point they need to revert back to the CIDTL offense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for Denver as he is a 3-4 DL, but Caleb Brantley killed LSU this weekend as Florida upset LSU. If this guys gets some consistent play, WATCH out. Same with Iowa DT Jaleel Johnson.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Iowa. I never thought Desmond King could improve his stock after last year getting 8 picks and winning the Thorpe.

But he has.... Teams throw away from him this year, but his coverage ability, athletic ability and ability to tackle... Has put him as nearly a fist round lock which last year he was more of a RD2 prospect had he declared.

and on the topic of Iowa and defense.

FR CB Manny Rugamba, watch out for this guy. He is a playmaker with great size and speed. He's going to be a dandy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Iowa. I never thought Desmond King could improve his stock after last year getting 8 picks and winning the Thorpe.
College football almost looks too easy for him. Definitely on my radar for the Chiefs if he is there

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC executive called Utah Offensive Tackle Garett Bolles "the best offensive tackle in this class and it isn't even close"

Interesting. Haven't watched the kid at all. Know he is a JUCO transfer and he is 25 or so already.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Route running--He has improved in this area quite a bit but he was terrible even in training camp at times of using good route running to get open.

2) Inconsistency. This year we are seeing I think the highest rate of passes being thrown to our #1 and #2 WR than ever before. I think with Siemian he just doesn't really trust players beyond those 2 to actually make a play. This past game we did see a much more balanced passing attack where guys like Green, Derby, and Taylor actually saw a few more targets.

Taylor hasn't got many targets consistently in games to really evaluate him plus some drops he got hammered or were tough catches to boot. You can evaluate Lat all day and come up with same story but you don't have enough game for Taylor yet. Let the guy get 7 or targets a couple games in a row and then you will have better idea. Right now, the sample size isn't enough. Hell, no wr is taking any ownership so far on this team. Sanders prob the most.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of being a successful WR is to create targets maybe there is a reason he isn't getting "targets", he is getting PT. I agree that Taylor hasn't had a great opportunity yet but when you drop passes there is a reason for that. He has a history of that. He also fumbled vs SD and not that others haven't but the staff sees him daily in practice so he has to create his opportunity. He's got some talent but not ready to deoend on him yet. He's shown us the good and bad. See how he develops the rest of the year.