• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to worry that Okung will not be the future at LT for us. Started out the season so strong but since his concussion he has been a disaster on the OL. Problem is that position can't be fixed through the draft at least day 1 as we have not seen a quality LT come into the league in quite some time that is a day 1 type guy. I blame the CBA for a big part of that and then college football and their desire for this zone read option scheme that doesn't do a great job preparing these guys for the NFL. Then if you look at the Left Tackle Free Agent market it is not pretty. So maybe we have to hold onto him because there really is nothing better out there but really hoping the Okung of the first few weeks emerges again.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to worry that Okung will not be the future at LT for us. Started out the season so strong but since his concussion he has been a disaster on the OL. Problem is that position can't be fixed through the draft at least day 1 as we have not seen a quality LT come into the league in quite some time that is a day 1 type guy. I blame the CBA for a big part of that and then college football and their desire for this zone read option scheme that doesn't do a great job preparing these guys for the NFL. Then if you look at the Left Tackle Free Agent market it is not pretty. So maybe we have to hold onto him because there really is nothing better out there but really hoping the Okung of the first few weeks emerges again.

or trade our #1 pick for a LT that you know will start and play for the next 2 1/2 years at the same cost as Okung in 2017 and 2018.

Joe Thomas .. dude is solid game in and game out.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed. Having a stronger LG next to him would be helpful. hasn't looked the same since the concussion. Fuck, maybe things start to click for sambrailo though. who knows

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or trade our #1 pick for a LT that you know will start and play for the next 2 1/2 years at the same cost as Okung in 2017 and 2018.

Joe Thomas .. dude is solid game in and game out.

Honestly at this point I am ok with making that trade now. I'm hearing they are actually only wanting a 2nd round pick so I would pull that trigger 10 days ago if that is the case. Gives us not only quality play at the LT position but allows us to move some pieces around and have a very solid OL this season and moving forward.

I have been on the Richardson bandwagon the last couple of weeks but after the past 2 games of watching our Tackles struggle at times I think it would be a much bigger improvement to the team to get Thomas. Helps out the offense by giving us maybe the best LT in the game and helps out our defense by our offense not going 3 and out so much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dabble on MHR sometime because it is a good way to reach a lot of ppl. So if you have any questions, edits, opinions, i would love to hear it from you guys.

I'll have to take a look at some of these guys that I haven't looked at enough and I will get back to you. I like your thinking and if the guard is as good as you say then yeah definitely worth it. I like you have loved that Elway has stuck with the key positions with his 1st round pick but there are those times where a talent is just too hard to pass up no matter what position they play.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeney is a mauler man. and a good athlete. will pry slip about because #HoosiersBlow but idc about the program, i care about the prospect

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeney is a mauler man. and a good athlete. will pry slip about because #HoosiersBlow but idc about the program, i care about the prospect

Always amazes me how much a player will get downgraded just because of the program or the talent around them. To me if they can shine when no one else around them does that should be all the more indicator of how good they really are. I mean I look at Alabama and yes they have a lot of great players but it is tough to know is it the guy next to him giving him great match ups or is it he is the one that is setting up the others?

Also it does sound like the Jets are actively shopping Sheldon Richardson right now. So there is a chance he becomes a Bronco. I don't care if he joins the Broncos just don't want to see him go to the Raiders.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance that neither Joe Staley or Torrey Smith are traded today. Teams don't usually risk having them practice while they are openly negotiating with teams but both right now are on the practice field.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting on all fronts.

btw montravius adams footage on against ole miss is up. dude is starting to get hype which is why i moved him up a round. this dline class is starting to make me sad lol but after last year's class i am not surprised.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dabble on MHR sometime because it is a good way to reach a lot of ppl. So if you have any questions, edits, opinions, i would love to hear it from you guys.

So trying to watch some of these guys as I work today. Just watched Montravious Adams. The guy he reminds me of is Robert Nkemdiche. Not quite as athletic as Nkemdiche but he does some similar things both good and bad. He has a great first step and a great ability to hold up to a double team and not get pushed backwards. He is a guy that will jump off the screen at times with how quickly he gets into the backfield. At the same time his football awareness is terrible. I watched him a few times in the last game I watched just run right by the ball carrier because he had no clue who had the football and the hole he just came through then was wide open for a big gain. He got fooled on some screen passes as well that lead to big gains. He also can be one that relies heavily on his athleticism instead of mixing in some technique to win. For the first quarter of the game all he did was just run straight into the blocker and do nothing else. Finally in the 2nd I saw him use a couple of rip moves and every time he actually got his hands involved he won his match up easily. Then he went right back to just running into his guy. I understand you can't use the same move every time but just running into your blocker over and over isn't doing any good either. So this kid would need coached up big time to match his athleticism with being an actually talented player.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So trying to watch some of these guys as I work today. Just watched Montravious Adams. The guy he reminds me of is Robert Nkemdiche. Not quite as athletic as Nkemdiche but he does some similar things both good and bad. He has a great first step and a great ability to hold up to a double team and not get pushed backwards. He is a guy that will jump off the screen at times with how quickly he gets into the backfield. At the same time his football awareness is terrible. I watched him a few times in the last game I watched just run right by the ball carrier because he had no clue who had the football and the hole he just came through then was wide open for a big gain. He got fooled on some screen passes as well that lead to big gains. He also can be one that relies heavily on his athleticism instead of mixing in some technique to win. For the first quarter of the game all he did was just run straight into the blocker and do nothing else. Finally in the 2nd I saw him use a couple of rip moves and every time he actually got his hands involved he won his match up easily. Then he went right back to just running into his guy. I understand you can't use the same move every time but just running into your blocker over and over isn't doing any good either. So this kid would need coached up big time to match his athleticism with being an actually talented player.

what game did u watch? his tape from last year to this year is night and day. but i agree he does need to work on awareness and technique but that speed and length and athleticism is something i want in our front 7

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see why you like Dan Feeney. Very impressed with his ability to pull and find a man to hit and really open up a big hole. Then you see the Hoosiers where on short yardage they love to run it right behind him as he gets great push. I also love that I saw him work to get to the 2nd level which is a huge part of this blocking scheme. The only 2 areas I would say he needs to work on is that he can play high sometimes giving up some good leverage and he can get caught leaning forward trying to make a block throwing his footwork off. His hands are strong enough in the college game to continue to sustain the block when that happens but I wonder how well that will work in the NFL. Still I wouldn't mind a 1st round pick to really secure our OL at the RG or LG position for the next hopefully 10 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what game did u watch? his tape from last year to this year is night and day. but i agree he does need to work on awareness and technique but that speed and length and athleticism is something i want in our front 7

Just watched the Ole Miss game. Like I said he has plays where he jumps off the tape and makes you go wow with how quickly he gets pressure but then other times he just doesn't have great technique and just loses the football sometimes leaving a big hole wide open for the RB or QB. Now given he won't be facing as much of the Zone/Read when he gets to the NFL that got him on a few plays but still just want to see a guy locate the football a bit better. Athletically speaking he is what we are looking for at the DE position though.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see why you like Dan Feeney. Very impressed with his ability to pull and find a man to hit and really open up a big hole. Then you see the Hoosiers where on short yardage they love to run it right behind him as he gets great push. I also love that I saw him work to get to the 2nd level which is a huge part of this blocking scheme. The only 2 areas I would say he needs to work on is that he can play high sometimes giving up some good leverage and he can get caught leaning forward trying to make a block throwing his footwork off. His hands are strong enough in the college game to continue to sustain the block when that happens but I wonder how well that will work in the NFL. Still I wouldn't mind a 1st round pick to really secure our OL at the RG or LG position for the next hopefully 10 years.

yeah considering we will be picking 24 or later i think that falls in his range and could really make a difference for our entire team. we need to get more physical on offense and it starts up front. like what iupati did for SF before they became a contender (a few years ago) that kind of pick can really just change the offense.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Ole Miss game. Like I said he has plays where he jumps off the tape and makes you go wow with how quickly he gets pressure but then other times he just doesn't have great technique and just loses the football sometimes leaving a big hole wide open for the RB or QB. Now given he won't be facing as much of the Zone/Read when he gets to the NFL that got him on a few plays but still just want to see a guy locate the football a bit better. Athletically speaking he is what we are looking for at the DE position though.

yeah i agree completely. he needs work (like my boy chris jones did last year) but that is why i got him round 2 now. he is moving up and he is getting better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i agree completely. he needs work (like my boy chris jones did last year) but that is why i got him round 2 now. he is moving up and he is getting better.

Oh I agree and in the 2nd round you are not going to find a player with higher potential. I wouldn't mind the pick at all I just think he will be a limited player his first year in the league while our coaches work to get him up to speed. kind of what the Broncos do anyway with their draft picks as this draft is the 1st one in a long time that rookies have been relied on at such a high rate. Most rookies get a year or two. And the funny thing is the 2 rookies maybe playing the least are our 1st 2 picks.

Also just watched Chad Wheeler vs. Stanford. I see why you like him. He actually reminds me a bit of Ryan Clady coming into the league. Not quite as talented as Clady was but looks like a very smart player. Rarely do you see him get caught out of position and have to lunge to try and make a block. He has great feet which is rare for a college prospect and he does a great job of keeping his base over his feet. He needs a year in the weight room as he lacks a bit of core strength and is more of a pass blocker than run blocker in my opinion. He has quick feet though to really get out and make a good block on the 2nd level. Also was very shocked to see how much of the ZBS that USC runs. I saw many times with Wheeler him having to make a reach block in the run game which isn't something you see as much in the college game.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree and in the 2nd round you are not going to find a player with higher potential. I wouldn't mind the pick at all I just think he will be a limited player his first year in the league while our coaches work to get him up to speed. kind of what the Broncos do anyway with their draft picks as this draft is the 1st one in a long time that rookies have been relied on at such a high rate. Most rookies get a year or two. And the funny thing is the 2 rookies maybe playing the least are our 1st 2 picks.

Also just watched Chad Wheeler vs. Stanford. I see why you like him. He actually reminds me a bit of Ryan Clady coming into the league. Not quite as talented as Clady was but looks like a very smart player. Rarely do you see him get caught out of position and have to lunge to try and make a block. He has great feet which is rare for a college prospect and he does a great job of keeping his base over his feet. He needs a year in the weight room as he lacks a bit of core strength and is more of a pass blocker than run blocker in my opinion. He has quick feet though to really get out and make a good block on the 2nd level. Also was very shocked to see how much of the ZBS that USC runs. I saw many times with Wheeler him having to make a reach block in the run game which isn't something you see as much in the college game.

i love wheeler. one of my favorite OTs but the man can't stay healthy.

I appreciate you affirming what my eyes tell me on tape with the guys i picked. Its obviously early so the draft stocks of these guys is very fluid, but it is a fair mock given where they are and the needs of the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love wheeler. one of my favorite OTs but the man can't stay healthy.

I appreciate you affirming what my eyes tell me on tape with the guys i picked. Its obviously early so the draft stocks of these guys is very fluid, but it is a fair mock given where they are and the needs of the team.

Yeah I can see Wheeler in the 3rd. With most teams being a PBS he is not the guy they will take. So that just leaves the ZBS type teams and with his injury history you usually drop them at least a round depending on the severity of the injury or injuries. I definitely like what I see and I can see him being a good LT as he has that technique that usually takes years to try and coach into a young draft pick. So really you just have to work on building up his strength and getting him used to running in this system. Like I said the only issue being we need a LT that can start day 1 next year and I just don't think he is quite up to that task. He needs a year on the bench if at all possible. So if we keep Okung I'm not sure we go LT so early. Now depth would be nice at the position though so maybe considering we won't have a ton of needs heading into the draft.