• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshon Lattimore would be a perfect fit in our defense if he comes out. He is young and has made some mistakes technique wise in the games I watched of him (PSU, WISC, OKLA) but man he is an athlete. Long, fast, explosive. They use him so much in press coverage and he does a good job controlling the WR within 5 yards, throwing off the timing of the routes while giving his pass rushers a split second longer to create pressure on the qb. There was a play he almost made a pick on against Oklahoma where he just had a different gear to go get the ball. Had one against them later where he just slided in their and cut the WR out of the way for the ball. Very very good player. Has had hamstring issues in his young career that have kept him out of games. He also needs to do better at setting the edge in the run game so teams running sweeps and pitches to the outside can't get to the sideline and get up field. He is only a RS Sophomore so who knows if he comes out, but if he does he very well could be there for us and we should look long and hard.

Give me a bunch of physical long tall fast mean guys on defense and a run the ball pound it in your face offense and we are going to continue being a contender in the AFC.

Just a bit off topic but I have been impressed with how few hamstring issues this team has had the last about 5 years. Seemed like there for a while about 4-5 players every week were dealing with hamstring issues in the mid-2000's to late-2000's. Big time credit to our training staff that has done a great job keeping our guys on the field. So I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a guy with some hamstring issues because I think our training staff could help him with that.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bit off topic but I have been impressed with how few hamstring issues this team has had the last about 5 years. Seemed like there for a while about 4-5 players every week were dealing with hamstring issues in the mid-2000's to late-2000's. Big time credit to our training staff that has done a great job keeping our guys on the field. So I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a guy with some hamstring issues because I think our training staff could help him with that.
Kayvon has been having constant hammy issues, but we have *knock on wood* done well with talib's history of them though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kayvon has been having constant hammy issues, but we have *knock on wood* done well with talib's history of them though.

Yeah not saying they have gone away completely. I just remember though looking at injury reports and like 5-6 players every week would be listed with a hamstring issue and it would nag for the entire season.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not saying they have gone away completely. I just remember though looking at injury reports and like 5-6 players every week would be listed with a hamstring issue and it would nag for the entire season.

u watch any lattimore?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u watch any lattimore?

Not yet. I've had a pretty busy day and right now I am actually working on my next article that I am hoping to have done tonight and out tomorrow. Having to watch every defensive snap the Raiders have taken and it is taking a bit longer than I was hoping.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. I've had a pretty busy day and right now I am actually working on my next article that I am hoping to have done tonight and out tomorrow. Having to watch every defensive snap the Raiders have taken and it is taking a bit longer than I was hoping.
plz share on here

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plz share on here

Will do...figured I would do an analysis of what other teams have done against the Raiders that has lead to success and what other teams have done that has failed. They have shown some major tendencies that I think we can take advantage of as I do think we have the right personnel to do it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do...figured I would do an analysis of what other teams have done against the Raiders that has lead to success and what other teams have done that has failed. They have shown some major tendencies that I think we can take advantage of as I do think we have the right personnel to do it.

i feel our defense matches up as well with them as one can. They are strong on the outside with WR matchups in the pass game and, for whatever reason, aren't doing a great job in the run game. Their oline can pass block tough... considering our defensive strengths are getting after the qb and limiting WRs i feel our defense matches up well with what they want to do... we will have a harder time against the chiefs offense imo

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had time to really go through this thread, but I figured I would post a mock from Walterfootball.

1.28 - LB Jarrad Davis, Florida - I know DC will like this pick. Playmaker, but he's not having as good of a season this year as he did last year. I would hope he could come in and push Todd Davis or at least be a solid backup to him and BMarsh.
2.60 - DL Charles Walker, Oklahoma - Looks like he is too small to play the nose, so he would figure to be an end in our 34.
3.92 - OT Chad Wheeler, USC - The Oline class (especially Tackle) looks to be pretty weak this year, especially at the top. Wheeler is a 3 year starter, but he's got some mental issues it looks like. And not making dumb mistakes. I mean, psychiatric evaluation/Darrin Robbins type issues.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel our defense matches up as well with them as one can. They are strong on the outside with WR matchups in the pass game and, for whatever reason, aren't doing a great job in the run game. Their oline can pass block tough... considering our defensive strengths are getting after the qb and limiting WRs i feel our defense matches up well with what they want to do... we will have a harder time against the chiefs offense imo

Yeah I was going to do both sides of the ball of how to attack them but figured just doing how to attack their defense was enough. I have watched plenty of the offense though to know they love to attack the outside edges in the pass game which is where we are strongest and have struggled to do much over the middle as their TE's have been pretty bad this year. The run game could present some troubles for us as they have an interesting mix of RB's that bring about different challenges but I think the run game has been decent more because teams have struggled so much stopping the pass game. Since we can man up on the outside and have success it allows us then to commit more to the middle of the field and have success. I really do like this match up on both sides of the ball. To me this will come down to can we get our run game going? That has been the part of our team that has been the most up and down all year. If we get the run game going then the entire offense becomes a huge threat plus protects the defense from having to be on the field so much. If we can't get the run game going this could be a tough match up.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was going to do both sides of the ball of how to attack them but figured just doing how to attack their defense was enough. I have watched plenty of the offense though to know they love to attack the outside edges in the pass game which is where we are strongest and have struggled to do much over the middle as their TE's have been pretty bad this year. The run game could present some troubles for us as they have an interesting mix of RB's that bring about different challenges but I think the run game has been decent more because teams have struggled so much stopping the pass game. Since we can man up on the outside and have success it allows us then to commit more to the middle of the field and have success. I really do like this match up on both sides of the ball. To me this will come down to can we get our run game going? That has been the part of our team that has been the most up and down all year. If we get the run game going then the entire offense becomes a huge threat plus protects the defense from having to be on the field so much. If we can't get the run game going this could be a tough match up.

amen

and if we get the run game going... its because the oline is working as a cohesive unit. rbs aren't the problem (although would like a bit more talent from your 2 than a bibbs... but what can u do)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. DL Montravius Adams, Auburn

The 2017 defensive tackle class isn't expected to be a great one outside of Alabama's Jonathan Allen. That creates a void at a position where there are generally four to five players drafted each year in the first round. Auburn's Adams has the talent to start climbing boards and get into the top 32.

A 6'4", 310-pounder who has played two seasons at nose tackle, Adams is scheme-versatile and has a nice combination of power and quickness to handle different roles and responsibilities. With his on-field production and potential, he's a name to know.

1. DL Jarron Jones, Notre Dame

Notching six tackles for loss against Miami last weekend put JarronJones on this list, but he was a high-ranked prospect according to multiple NFL scouts I talked with over the summer. Jones' high potential is finally showing up on the field, which is a great thing for the graduate student's draft stock.

A natural 5-technique in Notre Dame's 3-4 defense, Jones is showing the length and power to excel in a pro 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
appreciate the read and feedback. As a self proclaimed armchair gm, it is my duty. Also helps me get over the loss and away from the Lynch Vs Siemian debate :)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more and more good running backs this class. that texas guy is like derrick henry and i really really like jamaal williams from byu

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman claims he is staying at Texas, but I don't think so.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o line help, 3rd wr, tight end, RB, MLB's another corner, safety that is good in coverage and a RB that can be counted on for 16 games. Not in any order. Peace.