• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this last night and here is my first mock draft of the year...

1) Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt--I just cannot ignore the talent this kid has and what he could bring to this defense. I appreciate the effort that Todd Davis has given this year but he just isn't up to the quality that we need next to Brandon Marshall.

2) Jake Replogle, DL Purdue--Honestly I do think he is one of the more underrated players in the country. I love watching this kid. Highly athletic, very disruptive, has gotten better at anchoring when he can't get past his blocker. I just think he would be a great fit in our system.

3a) Forrest Lamp, OT Western Kentucky--Now this guy right now is listed one some sites as going in the 7th round or later. I have no clue why that is other than him being from a small school. I would have thought though him going against Alabama and doing such a great job would change some opinions. And then others also have him listed as an OG. Again I think this is the small school thought process but I think he would do just fine at OT for us. So far this year he has only allowed 1 single pressure on his QB. He also so far graded as the best OT that has gone against Alabama. No other OT has been able to slow them down like this kid. Now I would say one game doesn't make a career but this guy has been doing it for years now. He also has great footwork, a very good first punch to keep a guy off balance and is a very powerful run blocker. Now maybe he starts out at Guard for us if we keep Okung but I think this kid could be the future at LT for us.

3b) Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Arkansas--I have become more of a believer. Maybe one of the best all-around TE's has he has shown to be a quality blocker and has great hands. His coach has been talking this kid up like crazy saying he has some skills even better than Hunter Henry who has been great this year. His size has shown up in the red zone as his touchdown to catch ratio is staggering.

3c) CHidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado--Probably doesn't last this long but I know on cbssports' big board they have him going in the 5th round right now.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this last night and here is my first mock draft of the year...

1) Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt--I just cannot ignore the talent this kid has and what he could bring to this defense. I appreciate the effort that Todd Davis has given this year but he just isn't up to the quality that we need next to Brandon Marshall.

2) Jake Replogle, DL Purdue--Honestly I do think he is one of the more underrated players in the country. I love watching this kid. Highly athletic, very disruptive, has gotten better at anchoring when he can't get past his blocker. I just think he would be a great fit in our system.

3a) Forrest Lamp, OT Western Kentucky--Now this guy right now is listed one some sites as going in the 7th round or later. I have no clue why that is other than him being from a small school. I would have thought though him going against Alabama and doing such a great job would change some opinions. And then others also have him listed as an OG. Again I think this is the small school thought process but I think he would do just fine at OT for us. So far this year he has only allowed 1 single pressure on his QB. He also so far graded as the best OT that has gone against Alabama. No other OT has been able to slow them down like this kid. Now I would say one game doesn't make a career but this guy has been doing it for years now. He also has great footwork, a very good first punch to keep a guy off balance and is a very powerful run blocker. Now maybe he starts out at Guard for us if we keep Okung but I think this kid could be the future at LT for us.

3b) Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Arkansas--I have become more of a believer. Maybe one of the best all-around TE's has he has shown to be a quality blocker and has great hands. His coach has been talking this kid up like crazy saying he has some skills even better than Hunter Henry who has been great this year. His size has shown up in the red zone as his touchdown to catch ratio is staggering.

3c) CHidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado--Probably doesn't last this long but I know on cbssports' big board they have him going in the 5th round right now.
3c. Another guy that has flown under the radar until recently is Awuzie's counterpart, Witherspoon. He's basically been a shutdown db opposite Auwuzie all season. Not sure how he's been in run support but the senior is starting to get some respect in the scouting circles.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3c. Another guy that has flown under the radar until recently is Awuzie's counterpart, Witherspoon. He's basically been a shutdown db opposite Auwuzie all season. Not sure how he's been in run support but the senior is starting to get some respect in the scouting circles.

Really that entire Colorado defense has been completely underrated. I know the offensive side of the ball always will get more attention but this defense has been down right impressive. And you are right he has been good. When you consider teams are staying away from Awuzie they haven't really found much luck throwing to the other side either. Very impressive group. Stinks that so many veterans are going to be gone after this year. Hopefully that next group is ready to step up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28 I would love your thoughts on my mock. Some different names that we haven't had on this board yet which is kind of what I wanted to do. Just looking for some of those players that right now not many are talking about but give it a month into the off season and I think these guys will rise up the boards pretty quickly.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28 I would love your thoughts on my mock. Some different names that we haven't had on this board yet which is kind of what I wanted to do. Just looking for some of those players that right now not many are talking about but give it a month into the off season and I think these guys will rise up the boards pretty quickly.

I like it. I obviously am a fan of cunningham. Very good length and flow and athleticism. Needs to get bigger still but that is fine. Also needs to do better with tackles. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top 15 after combine. He or Foster could be better. I watched some Replogle and he is pretty darn good. Like how he has put on size too over his career. Coming into his body type. I like Forrest Lamp but don't love him. He looks guard to me. I don't think he's a tackle unless in an emergency. This is because, from what I see, when he's challenged with speed he turns his hips and opens the gate. Limited athletically imo. Could be a solid interior OL tho. Def a guy I will watch in senior bowl (assuming he is invited). Obviously like Sprinkle a lot. He is still coming into who he is as an athlete and as a route runner, with plus plus frame and weight. A huge red zone weapon, that must be accounted for, and a blocker on more athleticism than technique at this point (i think he will get better with more coaching, same with route running). Also love Awuzie and he actually might be there, or at least a very good corner talent, due to the number of plus corners in this draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I obviously am a fan of cunningham. Very good length and flow and athleticism. Needs to get bigger still but that is fine. Also needs to do better with tackles. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top 15 after combine. He or Foster could be better. I watched some Replogle and he is pretty darn good. Like how he has put on size too over his career. Coming into his body type. I like Forrest Lamp but don't love him. He looks guard to me. I don't think he's a tackle unless in an emergency. This is because, from what I see, when he's challenged with speed he turns his hips and opens the gate. Limited athletically imo. Could be a solid interior OL tho. Def a guy I will watch in senior bowl (assuming he is invited). Obviously like Sprinkle a lot. He is still coming into who he is as an athlete and as a route runner, with plus plus frame and weight. A huge red zone weapon, that must be accounted for, and a blocker on more athleticism than technique at this point (i think he will get better with more coaching, same with route running). Also love Awuzie and he actually might be there, or at least a very good corner talent, due to the number of plus corners in this draft.

I appreciate the feedback. I guess have to agree to disagree on Lamp. Based on last year's tape I would agree but I think he has built up some good strength, gotten his body in better shape, has a quicker drop step that helps him with those guys trying to get the edge on him, and is showing better bend from the knees compared to with the hips keeping his body more centered. I also think he is doing a better job controlling himself when running blocking. Maybe start him out at guard but work to cross train him to eventually take over at Tackle. He is probably a better prospect as a RT than a LT but again just depends on the development. He does have shorter arms from what I can tell so that might cause teams to look at him as a guard.

I did think about going with the Tackle from Wisconsin as you can see the talent but he reminds me of a few years ago with Fisher who the Chiefs drafted with the 1st overall pick where he is more athleticism than technically sound tackle. He definitely needs a few years at the guard position to learn how the NFL functions. I do question how committed to football he is though as he really didn't seem interested for a while in college to actually play football and I'm not big on the one year wonder type players especially on the OL. Still though you can see the kid has great talent just needs the right situation and time to develop.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me a work horse rb that can make it a full 16 game season in this league now especially with the concussion protocol. Your talking dinosaurs now pal.

It is possible to have a RB play 16 games in a year. That's not to much to ask. C.J. Anderson can't be trusted and Booker hasn't impressed me at all yet. It is his rookie year but I'm still waiting for something. Yes the o line blows but I believe the Broncos RB talent is below average but when you waste a pick on Montee Ball in which all of you loved and I told you he was garbage I guess you get below average results. I do get where you are coming from but if you can honestly say that the Broncos are fine at RB then you are ignorant or just a homer. They need another RB that can be counted on. Need more from that position and look at the Broncos offense with out a good running game. That's all the proof you should need. Peace.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I think we can get an RB mid to later rounds this year and we will be fine. Now if a talent drops and is there? Sure, I will bite.. but I am looking for a zone scheme back that can compete and push for CJ's spot (hence why I like Williams).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I think we can get an RB mid to later rounds this year and we will be fine. Now if a talent drops and is there? Sure, I will bite.. but I am looking for a zone scheme back that can compete and push for CJ's spot (hence why I like Williams).

I'm with you on this. IF the talent is too much to pass up then go for it but as we have seen plenty of talented RB's fall in the draft every year. Heck maybe the best RB in the NFL right now in David Johnson was a what 3rd round pick. So it is a position I am more than willing to wait on especially considering the other positions that we have questions at right now.

Something else to consider in all this draft talk is the Broncos don't usually draft for immediate needs. They are looking one year into the future of where they might have some holes. Yes we have plenty of rookies contributing this year which is great but I think they looked at guys like Lynch and Gotsis as next year contributors. We took 2 Safeties not because Safety at the starting position was a huge need but because Stewart could be gone after this season and Ward after the next. So maybe best for us to be looking at positions of need not for this upcoming season but for the one after that. Remember the Broncos have quite a bit of cap space to add players to the immediate needs. Elway always has the idea that he wants to go into the draft with no immediate needs that HAVE to be filled. That way it doesn't cloud his judgment on taking the most talented player on their board or maybe moving around more to really optimize things.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible to have a RB play 16 games in a year. That's not to much to ask. C.J. Anderson can't be trusted and Booker hasn't impressed me at all yet. It is his rookie year but I'm still waiting for something. Yes the o line blows but I believe the Broncos RB talent is below average but when you waste a pick on Montee Ball in which all of you loved and I told you he was garbage I guess you get below average results. I do get where you are coming from but if you can honestly say that the Broncos are fine at RB then you are ignorant or just a homer. They need another RB that can be counted on. Need more from that position and look at the Broncos offense with out a good running game. That's all the proof you should need. Peace.
:) I suppose you believe E. Elliot would be having the same success he's having behind Denver's O-line. Peace. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual Doc - nice set of picks.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Adooree Jackson from USC
Where will he go?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a guy probably on our radar for the draft but did anybody else read the comments by LB Daniel McMillan of Florida where he talked about his regretting going to Florida? Now I can't say much as I was one that pretty much picked the college I was going to my Sophomore year of high school. I didn't really even consider any other places. My parents begged me to go on other college visits but refused. I liked my college experience but there are times I wonder if I had looked a bit harder if I would have found a better fit. I say all that because I see a lot of these college students pick places that I'm just not sure do a great job at least football wise of preparing them for what is to come. A great example is that of OL players. I don't understand why more 5 star recruits do not go to Iowa or Wisconsin. They have produced a ton of high quality OL players for the NFL. So to me if you want to get the best football education look at your position specifically and see the schools that have done the best job of preparing a player for the next step. Instead they pick the big name schools (not that Wisconsin and Iowa are not big schools) like Alabama or Florida where I'm just not sure they are giving themselves the best chance at success.

Now as for McMillian's situation I can't blame the guy too much as when you get offers from many of the top football schools in the country it is hard not to want to pick one. Still that is part of the chance you are taking is that you are going to a team where it is going to be pretty tough to crack the starting lineup. I almost think sometimes it is better to go to a school where you know you will get lots of playing time early on to not only get the experience but give NFL teams quite a bit of film to go through and see your talents. Alright rant is over. Again I understand them making these choices. I just know for myself if I could go back and talk to my high school self I would tell him to take his time with the decision and really look to find the best fit.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawkeyes

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - the mighty Hawkeyes strike a blow for freedom.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we draft all the Hawkeyes I guess.

Round 1: Desmond King CB Iowa
Round 2. Jaleel Johnson DL Iowa
Round 3: Josey Jewell ILB Iowa
Round 7: Akrum Wadley

#ChampionshipEraBegins