• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can see Wheeler in the 3rd. With most teams being a PBS he is not the guy they will take. So that just leaves the ZBS type teams and with his injury history you usually drop them at least a round depending on the severity of the injury or injuries. I definitely like what I see and I can see him being a good LT as he has that technique that usually takes years to try and coach into a young draft pick. So really you just have to work on building up his strength and getting him used to running in this system. Like I said the only issue being we need a LT that can start day 1 next year and I just don't think he is quite up to that task. He needs a year on the bench if at all possible. So if we keep Okung I'm not sure we go LT so early. Now depth would be nice at the position though so maybe considering we won't have a ton of needs heading into the draft.

given the value of tackles and okung injury history, round 3 is a great find for him imo. also he can do some RT down the line as well as he gets stronger.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*awaiting your view on auwuzie (@Draft Crazy guy) and my rocking TE jeremy sprinkle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
given the value of tackles and okung injury history, round 3 is a great find for him imo. also he can do some RT down the line as well as he gets stronger.

See this is where you and I might differ. I see him as a LT prospect only. You usually like your RT to be a bit stronger and while I do think he will get stronger I'm just not sure he will get to the level that we want him. Finding a high quality LT though is much harder and I think he could definitely become that for us.

I'm watching Chidobe Awuzie right now and honestly I would take this kid in the 2nd in a heart beat if at all possible. One of the more fluid Corners I have ever seen. Just doesn't look like he is even trying to run but just runs so smooth. I've also been impressed with his awareness. He just seems to know what route is being run and many times ran the route for the WR. Also saw him recognize screen very quickly to blow up some plays. I was a little worried when I first started watching him as he didn't seem to want to mix it up in the run game but it did seem as the game went on he became much more aggressive in getting after the ball carrier. Very sound tackler as well. I think he would be a great fit on this defense.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you and I might differ. I see him as a LT prospect only. You usually like your RT to be a bit stronger and while I do think he will get stronger I'm just not sure he will get to the level that we want him. Finding a high quality LT though is much harder and I think he could definitely become that for us.

I'm watching Chidobe Awuzie right now and honestly I would take this kid in the 2nd in a heart beat if at all possible. One of the more fluid Corners I have ever seen. Just doesn't look like he is even trying to run but just runs so smooth. I've also been impressed with his awareness. He just seems to know what route is being run and many times ran the route for the WR. Also saw him recognize screen very quickly to blow up some plays. I was a little worried when I first started watching him as he didn't seem to want to mix it up in the run game but it did seem as the game went on he became much more aggressive in getting after the ball carrier. Very sound tackler as well. I think he would be a great fit on this defense.

with this corner class he really might fall

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with this corner class he really might fall

I hope so. I think teams would be kicking themselves here in a few years to have let such a talented Corner fall in the draft. With Colorado doing so well this year though he might start getting a few more looks. You are right though with this Corner class being so deep I could see him dropping a bit. His Combine will be pretty important. If he runs a 4.5 or slower then probably 3rd round or lower. 4.4 or faster and I think he rises very quickly.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I think teams would be kicking themselves here in a few years to have let such a talented Corner fall in the draft. With Colorado doing so well this year though he might start getting a few more looks. You are right though with this Corner class being so deep I could see him dropping a bit. His Combine will be pretty important. If he runs a 4.5 or slower then probably 3rd round or lower. 4.4 or faster and I think he rises very quickly.
very true

i was thinking... if dalvin cook falls near us... i might go get him... he is perfect for this offense. PERFECT. and given what we want to do and the defense we have right now, he could make us even better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true

i was thinking... if dalvin cook falls near us... i might go get him... he is perfect for this offense. PERFECT. and given what we want to do and the defense we have right now, he could make us even better.

I'm torn on the RB position. We do have CJ and Booker locked up for the next 3 years and I think both are starter quality. Yet we haven't seen consistently the production needed. Now yes some of that is the OL but they have missed some big holes as well. I love what Cook would bring to this team but I just feel it would be a bit more addition to an already decent position. I feel like if we got this OL going we would see Booker and CJ thrive.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a half hour left in the trade deadline. I'm guessing we do not make a move. I am definitely torn on that. Obviously no clue what teams are asking for so maybe not making the trade is the best option but man it just feels like this team is maybe a player away from really rising up to the top of the AFC. With NE shipping Jamie Collins a guy I consider one of the top-5 LB's in the game when healthy I just think we have a chance to take them down.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on the RB position. We do have CJ and Booker locked up for the next 3 years and I think both are starter quality. Yet we haven't seen consistently the production needed. Now yes some of that is the OL but they have missed some big holes as well. I love what Cook would bring to this team but I just feel it would be a bit more addition to an already decent position. I feel like if we got this OL going we would see Booker and CJ thrive.

i agree and disagree... im just in love with cook... he is incredible. his game against clemson was just... woah.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree and disagree... im just in love with cook... he is incredible. his game against clemson was just... woah.

Oh not disagreeing the guy would be a talent or that I wouldn't want the Broncos to draft him. I think he would be an asset on this team. I just like both Booker and CJ at the position as well and just wonder if we would maybe have too much at the position. Now given we could actually cut CJ with no dead money after this season so if we like a guy like Cook that much the team could decide to get young and cheaper at the position. I just have a hard time seeing the Broncos keep all 3.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Broncos did not make a trade other than the Derby deal. So sticking with the team we have.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh not disagreeing the guy would be a talent or that I wouldn't want the Broncos to draft him. I think he would be an asset on this team. I just like both Booker and CJ at the position as well and just wonder if we would maybe have too much at the position. Now given we could actually cut CJ with no dead money after this season so if we like a guy like Cook that much the team could decide to get young and cheaper at the position. I just have a hard time seeing the Broncos keep all 3.

oh yeah definitely if we get cook, cj is gone. is what it is.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also jordan legget from clemson. his game against FSU was NICE... such great hands. Wish he was a better blocker though, which is why i love me some sprinkle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also jordan legget from clemson. his game against FSU was NICE... such great hands. Wish he was a better blocker though, which is why i love me some sprinkle

I've watched some Sprinkle now. I don't think I am in love with him as much as you. He is a good blocker but has a weird stance that I think he needs some improvement on. I also wonder how well he would handle press coverage as he is such a long strider I think a team could throw him off his route with a couple of shoves and make it hard for him to get going. Not a great route runner so would need some refining. Still a big body with good hands, good blocker, and when he gets up to top speed has some speed to burn for sure.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vincent Taylor a lot as well at NT... he played Great this week against a good WVU center (name is orlosky i believe. he will be drafted. Always good to see prospects do well against NFL caliber guys across from them).

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
96 Vincent Taylor
Defensive Tackle | 6-3 | 310 | Redshirt Junior | San Antonio, Texas

• Oklahoma State defensive tackle Vincent Taylor piled up six tackles and set new career highs with 2.5 sacks and 3.0 tackles for loss in the Cowboys' 37-20 win over No. 10 West Virginia. He also forced a fumble and broke up a pass.
  • Taylor was responsible for one of the most important plays of the game when he sacked West Virginia quarterback Skyler Howard at the WVU 10 yard line and simultaneously forced a fumble that was recovered by Oklahoma State, who found the end zone two plays later to take a lead that it would not surrender.
  • Taylor added a 17-yard sack and teamed up with Vili Leveni to produce another sack later in the game to further douse West Virginia's chances.
  • On the year, Taylor (a midseason first-team All-Big 12 selection by ESPN.com) has 30 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 6.5 tackles for loss, two fumbles forced and leads the nation with three blocked kicks.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awusie will gain ground if anything. This kid isn't falling under the radar. He is best in class IMO. He's already gotten a lot of attention. He won't make it past high 2nd in draft. Book it !

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Cook falls to us. He and Fournett are just that special. Cook in our scheme would be amazing though and I'd have to go for it even with my love for Booker. Booker and Cook. ;) Oh my!

I don't think Awozie will far too far...

He is an Antoine Winfield clone, as long as he runs decent he should be fine. He's perhaps the most underrated CB by mockers right now in the draft, but NFL scouts know he is the real deal.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshon Lattimore would be a perfect fit in our defense if he comes out. He is young and has made some mistakes technique wise in the games I watched of him (PSU, WISC, OKLA) but man he is an athlete. Long, fast, explosive. They use him so much in press coverage and he does a good job controlling the WR within 5 yards, throwing off the timing of the routes while giving his pass rushers a split second longer to create pressure on the qb. There was a play he almost made a pick on against Oklahoma where he just had a different gear to go get the ball. Had one against them later where he just slided in their and cut the WR out of the way for the ball. Very very good player. Has had hamstring issues in his young career that have kept him out of games. He also needs to do better at setting the edge in the run game so teams running sweeps and pitches to the outside can't get to the sideline and get up field. He is only a RS Sophomore so who knows if he comes out, but if he does he very well could be there for us and we should look long and hard.

Give me a bunch of physical long tall fast mean guys on defense and a run the ball pound it in your face offense and we are going to continue being a contender in the AFC.