• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brodeur Trade Rumor Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz is a weird pickup for the Wild.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they got a 4th for him too. so i would assume the market for marty would be a 5th round pick? in that way then i would say screw it and keep him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess Marty could get us back a 3rd..but even with that Im not giving him up.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bash Devil thread...but sports teams in general.

I always hate to see great team leaders getting close to the end of their careers and then let go by management for 2, 3 or even lesser draft choices instead of ending a great players career right where they are.

In my OP, the club is letting go of the very thing that made the team great. Leadership, goaltending know how and fan support for Martain gone with 1 strike of a pen or phone call. THIS shit didn't happen in the ol' days. Club Presidents, GM's and coaches then knew that value of an aging player and it wasn't worth a late draft choice either.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another crap story originating from the Daily News. Shocker.
They should stick to covering the rangers and stop worrying about NJ.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always hate to see great team leaders getting close to the end of their careers and then let go by management for 2, 3 or even lesser draft choices instead of ending a great players career right where they are.

In my OP, the club is letting go of the very thing that made the team great. Leadership, goaltending know how and fan support for Martain gone with 1 strike of a pen or phone call. THIS shit didn't happen in the ol' days. Club Presidents, GM's and coaches then knew that value of an aging player and it wasn't worth a late draft choice either.

Well in this case it isnt really the teams choice the way it was in players such as Alfredsson's and Iginla's. Those guys were let go because of draft picks/teams moving on.

If Marty is traded its because something came up where he could play much more then he's playing right now.

And now that the Wild seem to have "found their goalie"..there really arent many more options left for number 30. We sure as hell wont trade him to the Caps.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think you have it all backwards. The reason these guys are so great is because they genuinely want to keep playing until they no longer can compete professionally. Thats why guys like Jagr and Marty are playing deeper into their 40s. The players' passion and love for the sport is greater and far more important to them then what the spectators want to dream about. I think its more of a shame when great players retire early because it means that they either don't think the sport is worth the effort or their egos cannot handle the decline.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WTF are the panthers thinking with that deal? unless the canucks are going to eat a portion of the salary they are getting hosed on the deal. louongo is a good goalie still but markstrom has some upside and is physically a big guy

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice to see Torts destroying another team. Why would you ever hire that fool?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just waits til he trades Kessler for his boy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be rioting if I was a Nucks fan right now..yeah probably not the best choice of words but still.

Went from having Luongo and Schneider to Eddie Lack and Markstrom. Ouch.

Plus its a bad trade for Florida too..take on an old goalie , sorry another old goalie , on a young team.

Watch out they could trade for Marty now.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the canucks were smart they would deal for Marty but I doubt they would offer anything of value for him.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We NEED Kesler! Vancouver is dumb enough to do it. Let's go Lou!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zajac and Larsson for Kelser..Id do that in a second. Philly is hot after him though.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zajac and Larsson for Kelser..Id do that in a second. Philly is hot after him though.

No way I'd include Zajac and Larsson for Kesler. Maybe Kesler two years ago who was able to score 40 goals, not Kesler in his current form.

I'd do Larsson for Kesler straight up though.