• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Fitzpatrick Appreciation Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I would create a thread to thank Fitz for what has brought and continues to bring to the team. Fitz was amazing last year. He inspired his teammates at a time when the players could have given up. He helped in the development of players and guys had career years with him playing QB. This year he has also been an inspiration. I am hoping that he is able to stay classy and supportive of Tua because that is what the team including Tua needs now. It's not easy because he is a competitor and he had one of his best chances in his career to win. However, I understand why Flores and other Fin's staff made the change. Tua is a special talent and needs to play at some point to develop. Tua has a higher ceiling. This isn't a knock on Fitz. Tua has a higher ceiling in my opinion than most QBs in the NFL.

There is no other QB that I would rather have backing up Tua. In fact, I hope that he decides to extend his contract as backup QB for multiple years and then stays with the organization as a coach. I want to see him get a SB ring with the Fins at some point in his career. If Tua is as good as many of us think & the team keeps improving in all 3 phases of the game, the Fins have a chance for greatness.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I would create a thread to thank Fitz for what has brought and continues to bring to the team. Fitz was amazing last year. He inspired his teammates at a time when the players could have given up. He helped in the development of players and guys had career years with him playing QB. This year he has also been an inspiration. I am hoping that he is able to stay classy and supportive of Tua because that is what the team including Tua needs now. It's not easy because he is a competitor and he had one of his best chances in his career to win. However, I understand why Flores and other Fin's staff made the change. Tua is a special talent and needs to play at some point to develop. Tua has a higher ceiling. This isn't a knock on Fitz. Tua has a higher ceiling in my opinion than most QBs in the NFL.

There is no other QB that I would rather have backing up Tua. In fact, I hope that he decides to extend his contract as backup QB for multiple years and then stays with the organization as a coach. I want to see him get a SB ring with the Fins at some point in his career. If Tua is as good as many of us think & the team keeps improving in all 3 phases of the game, the Fins have a chance for greatness.
I have nothing for admiration for Fitz but the bye week is the time for a change. He will be a great backup and if needed he'll be ready. This is why I'd rather not trade him this is perfect for him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy to trade a certain MVP QB for Fitz right now.....
You know after seeing cam run as much as he did early on I just knew he wouldn't hold up. Eventually teams would take that away and his accuracy isn't going to magically improve. Welcome to the fun that we've had to go through at least you have a coach even though he needs to cheat at times...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams would have signed Cam sooner but they figured he wouldn't be able to stay healthy and he has never been the most accurate. That said, the Pats demise isn't his fault. He played like Superman the first few games but just can't carry that offense. I blame BB for giving him so little to work with for receivers and I am including the TEs. He is getting paid peanuts on a team that won't help him land a bigger contract. I wouldn't trade Fitz for Cam. Fitz could step in and win if the team needed without having to change the offense for his skill set.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua will need to play well. This could be a defining game for him. His best game was against the Cardinals. He will need that type of performance.