• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brodeur Trade Rumor Thread

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it will inevitably be in the hockey news in the coming days, I figured I would develop a thread to have all this stuff in one place.

So far, the only thing I have heard is that Brodeur's equipment was cleared out of Prudential Center. Heard it through a friend of a friend of a friend (one of those jobs) and that friend supposedly works with the Devils. Then, saw a tweet from an NHL net guy saying the same. However, Brodeur is slated to start tomorrow per PDB.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's weird they would clear his gear out with a home game tomorrow that he's starting. Nothing secret about him getting dealt then.

My only issue is if he doesn't bring back a 2nd round pick why even bother moving him? Just keep him and keep the Marty homers happy. It's a rare feat to have played your entire career with 1 team and I guess Marty has no interest in joining that club. He wants to pad those stats. What's funny is whoever he gets dealt to probably wont be defense first. can only wait9 see what rhat .900 % looks like at the end of the year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team I could see making a move for him is the Wild..which makes that game with them in a few weeks at the Rock really weird.

I hope he doesnt get traded. For obvious reasons. He isnt going to get us much back. But at the end of the day whether he stays or goes will be up to him. If he leaves Im not gonna hate him. Just would be a bummer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also him starting a home game the day before the trade deadline makes me think he will be moved.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I won't speculate until we see the result of tomorrow's game.

If we win, then all of a sudden we're still alive. If we lose things look bleak.

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd. Even that I would hesitate.

If we're still serious about trying to make the playoffs, which Lou says we are you need a decent backup anyway, so why trade him.

Tough situation.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how we improve without losing a high draft pick the next yrs draft

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap... i just realized we have Adam Larsson.... lol damn my bad, been so long since I've seen him...

He could be that piece to get us someone of equal value on the offense end.... Doubt Jets would take him for Kane but will edmonton bite?

Merill > Larsson, its not close IMHO....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I wouldn't move Marty for anything less then a 2nd rounder if can't get that then screw it keep him. The fans will be happy. I find it pretty telling that two players in the same situation same resume one is willing to be dealt and one says he wants to stay and won't report if he gets dealt. That doesn't say anything about Marty's character i dont know what does

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
marty has a year left on his deal.

i saw rumors too about minnesota being in the market. if lou doesn't demand a 1st from them i would say screw you then. it would be a double slap in the face of fans then

1. to trade marty

2. to help parise try to win a cup

only way i am fine with them getting him is if its a 1st rounder. no conditional 1st either

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the only way this deadline is a win for the devils is if they

sell off zidlicky marty jagr

zidlicky should get a 1st.
marty a 2nd
jagr a 1st

i know jagr said he doesn't want to go anyway but it could be just for show. who knows lets face it hes hot right now and if the devils did keep him and resigned him next year i can really see the wheels falling off fast and everyone turning on him fast.

those 3 moves would instantly put this team on the right track and get larrson into the lineup on a regular basis.

then in the off season buy out a trian or salvadore and either bring in another kid or fill it with someone else. get larrson into some games and show him off if you want to acquire some legit goal scoring. right now he isn't worth diddly do!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils are in a tough spot. Only 3 points out of a playoff spot (pending tonight) with 20 games to go. Hard for them to be sellers being that close with a lot of hockey to be played. If they indeed trade Brodeur, you'd think they would have to get something in return to help with a run to the playoffs, and not just picks.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Move Larsson for an offensive young potential

There are quite a few interesting options to trade Adam for. Eberle, E Kane, Wheeler (maybe). Tyler Toffoli, Ryan O'reilly, Hertl, the list goes on. Not sure how highly other teams value him at this point.

Right now, Merrill is better defensively and a better skater, Gelinas is better offensively and is a better skater. Severson might be the best of all three once he arrives. Santini is having a stellar season at BC.

Larsson still has the most value in a trade, but that also means we can also get a bigger offensive piece back which is the key. Why would you trade Gelly or Merrill for a 2nd line winger? We already have like 8 of those. We need some legit top line offensive talent.

Interesting Idea: Brunner and Larsson for Chris Stewart and Matt Moulson?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halak looks Minny bound so I cant see em already having agreed to a trade for Marty when a better , younger goalie was already there for the taking with not having to give up much more to get him.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
stewart has been a bust forever and moulson is a ufa after this season.

everyone was pissed when the av's dealt him for johnson how did that deal work out?

would love riley from the av's though.

Angry Lou Lamoriello goes off on report that Devils have deal in place to trade Martin Brodeur | NJ.com

looks interesting

Stewart isn't all that bad. He's still young and he has an average of 25G/82GP. Not a bust IMO. The real winner in the Erik Johnson trade was definitely St Louis because they got Shattenkirk as well who is fantastic. I'm also assuming that we would be able to make offers to keep both Moulson and Stewart.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats true i forgot about the shaternik being in that deal. i thought it was a draft pick that turned into him.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats true i forgot about the shaternik being in that deal. i thought it was a draft pick that turned into him.

I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure Shattenkirk was in the middle of his rookie season when the trade was made. Shattenkirk is ridiculously good though.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
marty aint going anywhere.

ducks dealt fasth to the oilers and then the oilers dealt bryz to the wild.

halak would be the next goalie to go and then marty