• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Osweiler good to great QB

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Brock. Killed it the first half at Pittsburgh last year. Did absolutely nothing the second half.

First two Texans possessions

From there he went to shit!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't really have even a decent game yesterday. He finished 2 touchdowns and 2 picks and a passer rating of 74.8. On the season, he has more interceptions (6) than touchdowns (5).

Like I said haven't had a chance to actually watch the game. He is the type of QB that when things are not going to plan he is not a great improviser with the football. He tried so many times last year with the Broncos to try and extend plays or do something more than he is capable and it lead to a ridiculous sack rate against him. Even when throwing the football away he would wait until the last possible second to do it and take a big hit in the process. I appreciated that he kept trying to make plays but there is a point between trying to do something great and just being stupid that he crossed.

He really is just a QB that is trying to be something he is not. He went to Houston because the offense was closer to what Manning liked to run and gave Osweiler control of the entire system. He didn't like that Kubiak kept him reigned in a bit and well we are seeing maybe he is a QB that needs to be reigned in. Maybe he needs to be protected from making the critical mistake. They are still 3-1 with him not playing great though but this is what we saw from the Texans last year. Great defense that wins them games but a QB they cannot trust. My guess is it ends with the same result of maybe winning a bad division but then losing 1st round of the playoffs and still in search of a QB solution.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Tempe, ASU:
To the critiques who thought he would not be.
Right now he is a good QB soon to be great if he keeps doing what he is doing.
I loved him as a Sun Devil but wished he were on different NFL team. When Carson Palmer retires I would love to see my Cards pick him up.

His numbers this season:

61.6% (23rd in NFL), 237ypg (23rd), 6.5 ypa, 5 TD's, 6 INT's, 74.8 PR (28th)

Below average.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me a little of a poor man's Matt Schaub when he was still decent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said haven't had a chance to actually watch the game. He is the type of QB that when things are not going to plan he is not a great improviser with the football. He tried so many times last year with the Broncos to try and extend plays or do something more than he is capable and it lead to a ridiculous sack rate against him. Even when throwing the football away he would wait until the last possible second to do it and take a big hit in the process. I appreciated that he kept trying to make plays but there is a point between trying to do something great and just being stupid that he crossed.

He really is just a QB that is trying to be something he is not. He went to Houston because the offense was closer to what Manning liked to run and gave Osweiler control of the entire system. He didn't like that Kubiak kept him reigned in a bit and well we are seeing maybe he is a QB that needs to be reigned in. Maybe he needs to be protected from making the critical mistake. They are still 3-1 with him not playing great though but this is what we saw from the Texans last year. Great defense that wins them games but a QB they cannot trust. My guess is it ends with the same result of maybe winning a bad division but then losing 1st round of the playoffs and still in search of a QB solution.

With Watt out.....that defense has lost a little of it's luster and Osweiler will now not have the luxury of him on that defense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.....right now? I'd take Prescott over Osweiler.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I'll take Carr over either of them so I'm good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Watt out.....that defense has lost a little of it's luster and Osweiler will now not have the luxury of him on that defense.

True. That was a huge loss for a team that is still leaning heavy on that defense. They still have a lot of quality pieces though on that side of the ball. The biggest thing they have going for them though is such a terrible division. The Colts keep finding ways to lose close games, the Jaguars well haven't looked threatening yet, and the Titans might be a bottom-10 team again. So I think maybe 8-8 can win this division.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler has been pretty disappointing for sure. But I am not sure he is ultimately to blame for that team's problems. I think it may go back to coaching and use of the players they do have.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take Carr over a large majority of QBs (including the one who starts for the team I root for).

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Carr over a large majority of QBs (including the one who starts for the team I root for).

Thanks. I think by the end of the season he could be a top 6-7 QB in the league. Think he's borderline top 10 right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler has been pretty disappointing for sure. But I am not sure he is ultimately to blame for that team's problems. I think it may go back to coaching and use of the players they do have.

Oh I agree there are more problems than Osweiler. I just think what that type of system needs and what type of QB Osweiler actually is proving to be are not a great fit. Osweiler wants to be recognized among the great pocket passers that can control the offense, read the defense, and be the smartest guy on the field and he just isn't that type of QB.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had David Carr not happened, Derek Carr would probably be the starting QB for the Houston Texans. I think Derek would have been the #1 pick in the draft had it not been for David Carr's Houston history.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had David Carr not happened, Derek Carr would probably be the starting QB for the Houston Texans. I think Derek would have been the #1 pick in the draft had it not been for David Carr's Houston history.
Fear the Carr.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may be right. I just have a serious bromance with Carr after all the crappy QB's we've had since Gannon retired.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. I just have a serious bromance with Carr after all the crappy QB's we've had since Gannon retired.

Very understandable. Derek is the real deal and this is a good chance for the Raiders to post a winning season finally.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I think by the end of the season he could be a top 6-7 QB in the league. Think he's borderline top 10 right now.

I'm not so sure about that, but he's headed in the right direction. He's young and his ceiling looks to be very high. He needs a lot more experience though (which will only come with time).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me a little of a poor man's Matt Schaub when he was still decent.
He's not nearly as good as Schaub was before his meltdown.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a a little surprised they let that affect their decision because Carr has been awesome for us.