• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring Kobe Off The Bench When He Comes Back

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first few weeks - bring him off the bench and let him get used to a rythem, conditioning and etc and work up his minutes - so that his impact will not be big. That might be insulting to him as a player, but the Lakers are bigger then Kobe Bryant and he needs to adjust for the best of the team

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the fellas in the booth said tonight, take your time Kobe, take your time...

As for off the bench, i'm doubting that's going to happen...

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Kobe and Young have to do is learn to play together, and be more supportive to Pau.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think coming off the bench the first time around would have been smarter for both Kobe and the Lakers (if winning was the object) but Kobe does not seem willing. I actually incorrectly assumed he would come off the bench for at least a few games because that just made too much sense.

or maybe D'Antoni is trying to speed up the retirement process so that he can start winning?

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might make sense if he sits out rest of year....probably depends where team is in playoff hunt when he's due to return

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might make sense if he sits out rest of year....probably depends where team is in playoff hunt when he's due to return

Might make sense? The guy hasn't stopped for 20 years. He needs to REST and HEAL completely. Like I said somewhere else, rest those legs for the next 9 months and sign a one-year extension worth as penny to let the fans know you're sincere. Kobe needs to understand he's a role player now. That can be a big role at times and he'll be the leader of the team til the day he stops lacing 'em up, but nevertheless, I don't think anyone anticipates Kobe taking this team on his shoulders much in the future.

Father Time is winning.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is my second favorite Laker, ever. That being said, he won't ever be the Kobe we remember. He can't carry this team like he could in the past.

I think he will retire at years end. He has too much pride to be a Michael Jordan as a Wizard. All that will do is diminish his career.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is my second favorite Laker, ever. That being said, he won't ever be the Kobe we remember. He can't carry this team like he could in the past.

I think he will retire at years end. He has too much pride to be a Michael Jordan as a Wizard. All that will do is diminish his career.

I don't think he will. There's allot of money involved and he still wants to play.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless he has another major injury like his achilies, I don't see him retiring at the end of this season, he actually played pretty well in his last game before hurting his knee, he doesn't need surgery just rest. I'm pretty sure he will finish his two year contract at least. Remember this guy didn't even have a pre season camp & was just starting to gel with the young guns. Kobe will never be who he was, but his skills, foot work, Post moves & jump shot shoot help him finish his last two seasons IMO.

If anything Kobe has earned the right for us to at least give him the benefit of the doubt, don't you think ??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll fight the notion but eventually he will concede that if wants to continue to play with the Lakers, he'll have to adjust his role. As you stated Hammer, Father time is winning and will continue to do so because time waits for no man and even the best of them come to that realization. He really needs to spend the rest of the season resting and healing. Kobe is now in the same boat as Nash. His body is presenting its bill for all of the pounding.

Like Dr. Kaplan stated, if he resists this, he runs an increased risk of a career-ending injury requiring surgery especially if that bone fragment begins to drift and requires hardware to keep it place. Kobe had better heed the warnings or will pay an even heavier price he will then have to deal with when the consequences of his stubborness or competitiveness have been ratcheted upwards.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he has another major injury like his achilies, I don't see him retiring at the end of this season, he actually played pretty well in his last game before hurting his knee, he doesn't need surgery just rest. I'm pretty sure he will finish his two year contract at least. Remember this guy didn't even have a pre season camp & was just starting to gel with the young guns. Kobe will never be who he was, nut his skills,foot work, Post moves & jump shot shoot help him finis his last two years IMO.

If anything Kobe has earned the right for us to at least give him the benefit of the doubt, don't you think ??

Yes, I think he deserves it. If he can play close to the way are used to him playing, he will make the Lakers money. I love the guy. Other than Magic he's my favorite Laker, ever. I just don't know how he can come back and be dominant like he was even last year.

I agree with, Hammer, the money is hard to walk away from. Maybe he won't. I hope he doesn't but he's so proud, I could see him doing it. I don't thing he wants to tarnish his legacy.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he has another major injury like his achilies, I don't see him retiring at the end of this season, he actually played pretty well in his last game before hurting his knee, he doesn't need surgery just rest. I'm pretty sure he will finish his two year contract at least. Remember this guy didn't even have a pre season camp & was just starting to gel with the young guns. Kobe will never be who he was, nut his skills,foot work, Post moves & jump shot shoot help him finis his last two years IMO.

Yes, I think he deserves it. If he can play close to the way we are used to him playing, he will make the Lakers money. I love the guy. Other than Magic he's my favorite Laker, ever. I just don't know how he can come back and be dominant like he was even last year.

I agree with, Hammer, the money is hard to walk away from. Maybe he won't. I hope he doesn't but he's so proud, I could see him doing it. I don't thing he wants to tarnish his legacy.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is like a female stalker. The Lakers will never be able to bench him as along as he can walk. He will not be ignored.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's as driven as any player if not more than most -- some players think they just walk out on court and perform. Kobe is NEVER satisfied always looking to improve on his game(D12 should have learned it watching Kobe) every summer or when he's not in Olympics or recovering from injury.