• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: WINSTON WILL NOT BE CHARGED

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read through the documents that were released because, well, because I am an idiot with time to waste, evidently.

A couple things jumped out at me:

1. Initially, she gives a description of Jameis that actually comes close to matching him. It is later in the afternoon, about 10 hours later, where she inaccurately describes him.

2. We've been lead to believe the TPD were the ones that tried to discourage her from charging as it would cause her all sorts of problems. The police reports indicate that idea came from the accuser's camp, not the TPD. Here is the report of the investigating officer [bracketed info is mine]:

I returned [accuser's] call on January 11, 2013 and scheduled a meeting with her later that day. According to [accuser] the suspect's name is Jamies Winston. I was called later in the day by a Patricia Carroll. Ms. Carroll advised she is [a friend of the family] and is also an attorney. Ms. Carroll asked that all communications go through her. Ms. Carroll advised [me that] [accuser] and her family were concerned because Winston is a big name on campus and she is afraid of the consequences of pressing charges. Ms. Carroll said that she has advised [accuser] to seek some counseling and then decide whether she wanted to press charges.
That sounds like a somewhat reasonable position the family took at the time, based on the incoherence of the accuser that night. Keep in mind, in no way am I advocating that you can be too drunk to be raped. I am simply saying that when one is shit faced drunk, it has to make it more difficult to prove lack of consent.

On February 11, the investigation came to an end:

This case is being suspended at this time due to a lack of cooperation from the victim. If the victim
decides to press charges, the case will be pursued.

In addition to the victim, the victim's friends would not cooperate, nor would Winston. Again, this seems like it was in the accuser's camp to decide to move forward, not the TPD. I think the TPD is clear on this.

Two other things:

- Evidently during the time that he was allegedly raping her, another person came into the room. This is referenced in a number of reports:

After a little while a male subject she described as a bigger but not taller (than the suspect) black male came into the room and told him to stop.
At some point another male entered the bedroom and told the suspect to stop.
At some point a person passably the suspect roommate entered the room and told the suspect to stop
[Accuser] described the male that interrupted the incident as being not as big and having dreads. She
couldn't remember more than that about him.
She stated she saw the door open and another black male with dreads in his hair stand in the doorway while telling the other black male to stop what he was doing stated she told the black male to stop, but he replied it would be ok.

I only bring this up as we know that person had to be interviewed. If he corroborated the accuser, we might have seen charges today.

- Her friends' testimony and here texts seem to corroborate that she was hammered, even if the blood tests don't. I find that odd. It is pretty clear from the witnesses and the accuser that she was shit faced.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. The DNA was found on an anal swab.

skeet skeet

giphy.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, there were tweets galore from the "r*pe victim" during the week of the alleged r*pe. She was mad because she was getting filmed banging by someone else.

Here's a quick clip from it...

miley-miley-13.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read through the documents that were released because, well, because I am an idiot with time to waste, evidently.

A couple things jumped out at me:

1. Initially, she gives a description of Jameis that actually comes close to matching him. It is later in the afternoon, about 10 hours later, where she inaccurately describes him.

2. We've been lead to believe the TPD were the ones that tried to discourage her from charging as it would cause her all sorts of problems. The police reports indicate that idea came from the accuser's camp, not the TPD. Here is the report of the investigating officer [bracketed info is mine]:

That sounds like a somewhat reasonable position the family took at the time, based on the incoherence of the accuser that night. Keep in mind, in no way am I advocating that you can be too drunk to be raped. I am simply saying that when one is shit faced drunk, it has to make it more difficult to prove lack of consent.

On February 11, the investigation came to an end:

In addition to the victim, the victim's friends would not cooperate, nor would Winston. Again, this seems like it was in the accuser's camp to decide to move forward, not the TPD. I think the TPD is clear on this.

Two other things:

- Evidently during the time that he was allegedly raping her, another person came into the room. This is referenced in a number of reports:

I only bring this up as we know that person had to be interviewed. If he corroborated the accuser, we might have seen charges today.

- Her friends' testimony and here texts seem to corroborate that she was hammered, even if the blood tests don't. I find that odd. It is pretty clear from the witnesses and the accuser that she was shit faced.
I am curious about the TPD and the report. I thought the accusers side came out and said the TPD recommend she not pursue charges. Lets assume that is true, isnt it possible he put on his report that it came from her side? I guess I find it weird that her side would decide not to press charges but yet here we are.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. The DNA was found on an anal swab.
Not that it really matters, but this is incorrect:

- No foreign DNA was found on the vaginal, cervical or anal swab.

- DNA from 2 contributors was found on the swabs from her panties, her shorts and her face.

- In all the reports, the sex was clearly identified as vaginal sex.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here i thought he was going to announce his intentions to be the next coach at texas.....

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- DNA from 2 contributors was found on the swabs from her panties, her shorts and her face.

Winston had a devils three-way! He gay!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

funny-gifs-hayden-panettiere-pops-champagne.gif

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious about the TPD and the report. I thought the accusers side came out and said the TPD recommend she not pursue charges. Lets assume that is true, isnt it possible he put on his report that it came from her side? I guess I find it weird that her side would decide not to press charges but yet here we are.
That was my point. There is nothing in the report that anyone at the TPD advised here in any way, although it is certainly possible. The investigating officer makes it clear that the suggestion came from the accused's camp. The fact that they decided to get her counseling, and that we then didn't hear about it for quite a while is consistent with someone who might be confused about what happened, not happy about it, but concerned to make allegations in the shape she was in? This is clearly more of a "date r*pe" scenario, so perhaps less likely that there would be physical manifestations of a more violent forcible r*pe. Obviously, not condoning date r*pe, but it adds to the confusion that existed at the time. But, it appears from the report it was the accuser's attorney that raised the idea of being concerned about the fallout.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here i thought he was going to announce his intentions to be the next coach at texas.....

Nobody announces they are going to be assistant coaches.:doh:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point. There is nothing in the report that anyone at the TPD advised here in any way, although it is certainly possible. The investigating officer makes it clear that the suggestion came from the accused's camp. The fact that they decided to get her counseling, and that we then didn't hear about it for quite a while is consistent with someone who might be confused about what happened, not happy about it, but concerned to make allegations in the shape she was in? This is clearly more of a "date r*pe" scenario, so perhaps less likely that there would be physical manifestations of a more violent forcible r*pe. Obviously, not condoning date r*pe, but it adds to the confusion that existed at the time. But, it appears from the report it was the accuser's attorney that raised the idea of being concerned about the fallout.
Right in the TPD report. But I thought the accusers attorney made a statement that said different. Or was that just some internet rumor crap that spread?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right in the TPD report. But I thought the accusers attorney made a statement that said different. Or was that just some internet rumor crap that spread?
No, you are correct that the family now says that is the case. The TPD report says otherwise in February. I get that the TPD could be lying, or that they didn't record what really happened.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for Jameis. The ONLY thing that sucks for him is that for some reason r*pe allegations ( while being the toughest allegations to prove) usually stick with people even when they arent charged or are found innocent. There will undoubtedly still be douchebags who consider him guilty and think he just got away with it because of who he is. Look at the Kobe situation. Sucks but at least he can rest easy now and just tune out the other shit and get ready to kick some Blue Devil ass!!!

What that chick did makes it hard on girls who are actually raped. You can only cry wolf so much.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are correct that the family now says that is the case. The TPD report says otherwise in February. I get that the TPD could be lying, or that they didn't record what really happened.
Once again another ones world against the other.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm I'll have to reread it as I was positive I saw that foreign DNA was found on all swabs OTHER than the vaginal and cervical swabs...

Edit:
RESULTS:

Semen was identified on the anal swabs (Exhibit 2D), the panties (Exhibit 3) and the pink shorts (Exhibit 3A).

No semen was identified on the buccal swabs (Exhibit 2A), the vaginal swabs (Exhibit 2B) or the cervical
swabs (Exhibit 2C).

http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/documents/assets/news/tpd-documents.pdf

page 14

Last edited by a moderator:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it appears that nothing is stopping Jameis now.