• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: WINSTON WILL NOT BE CHARGED

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of on the fence of "we will never really know ... it's a she tell, he tell type of thing." Wasting the afternoon reading all that shit has pretty much changed my mind. Dude got railroaded ... accuser was lying, seems to me the conclusion based on what we've been able to see of the investigation (which is actually quite a lot).
I am curious what changed your mind or moved it to this direction.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious what changed your mind or moved it to this direction.

- Inconsistencies in her story
- Consistencies in his
- No witnesses to back her up
- Witnesses that backed him up
- Failure to go after him when he was a no-name, going after him once he becomes very well known

Just a gut feel as to how these types of things go down.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a interesting question was brought up at work about the whole thing...not a large part of case but theres a reference to her saying she was drunk. and not being able to consent to agree to sex. now why is that? is it a special only in sexual assault cases thing..cuz when it comes to decision to get in a car and drive drunk nobody cares about if your too intoxicated to make decision then. same with people who get high off of whatever and commit crimes they might not have done in a non intoxicated state. no bail out clause for them...with sexual assault seems to be a oh no she didn't know what she was doing cuz she was drunk...but anything else....nah go ahead and hammer them. they should still know better even if they are intoxicated...so your thoughts guys?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is this:

Everyone says she was drunk.....but toxicology reports don't jive with that. One BIG thing in r*pe cases is physical evidence on the victims body......bruising, signs of forced entry......I'm guessing the medical report does not show that kind of evidence exists.

I also find it interesting that during this entire process, Winston didn't seem to be overly concerned......he still played lights out, not like what a man facing a r*pe charge would theoretically do. If I was facing a r*pe charge, I'd be nervous as hell and unable to concentrate. He went out there and lit teams up.

This whole case I find interesting on a number of levels.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Inconsistencies in her story
- Consistencies in his
- No witnesses to back her up
- Witnesses that backed him up
- Failure to go after him when he was a no-name, going after him once he becomes very well known

Just a gut feel as to how these types of things go down.
I didnt hear much of his story other than it was consensual. As far as her, I heard parts but what was inconsitant?
The witnesses were his friends so I dont put a great deal of weight on them.

Also was the failure to go after him due to a threat from the TPD? I know that is still a he said/she said thing.
The gut feeling you can explain it just how it is. My gut says something was a little strange when he was ID early and nobody talked to him at all. I thought once a charge was made, which she did and the accused was identified they would at least talk to him. Thats the part that I dont get, they didnt and never tried.

That does not make him guilty I just have questions and doubts.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt hear much of his story other than it was consensual. As far as her, I heard parts but what was inconsitant?
The witnesses were his friends so I dont put a great deal of weight on them.

Also was the failure to go after him due to a threat from the TPD? I know that is still a he said/she said thing.
The gut feeling you can explain it just how it is. My gut says something was a little strange when he was ID early and nobody talked to him at all. I thought once a charge was made, which she did and the accused was identified they would at least talk to him. Thats the part that I dont get, they didnt and never tried.

That does not make him guilty I just have questions and doubts.
We'll never know, of course. And I am sure reasonable minds can differ.

- Her inconsistency was that she said she was drunk, sort of in a way to say that it wasn't consensual. Yet, Winston and his roommates say she wasn't drunk at all, followed them to the car, talked to them along the way. The problem for her is that the toxicology report shows she wasn't drunk. That supports the friends statements and casts doubt on hers.

She also gave inconsistent accounts of his size on the first day. Under the circumstances, I get that. But, she also said that she didn't recognize him, even though it was later determined that they were in the same class, and that she had been flirting with him earlier in the evening at the bar.

- They did a pretty good job of investigating. They tracked down the cab company, interviewed or tried to interview everyone. To me, after reading their documents, I don't see a PD trying to sweep something under the rug. At the end of the day, the victim wouldn't cooperate, nor would her friends. It appears that it was her lawyer that said they were concerned about what the community would think, not the TPD. But, as we discussed it might be otherwise.

- As to Winston, he wasn't immediately ID'd. Once he was, he refused to meet with the TPD or the State Atty. I am sure that he was doing exactly what his attorney was telling him to do in that situation. Any defendant would and should do the same thing. So, the PD and SA tried to talk to him ... he simply refused.

Who knows. I am moving on with it. Time for some football.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the young lady was raped as only she and Winston have that answer and if he did it, he is a scum bag. That said, hopefully there is a teaching experience for parents of young girls and young girls themselves and that is to not put yourself in a position where you are unsure of the surroundings and the downside of that particular environment. She went with him willingly and She had no drugs in her system and Winston had no scratches on his face. Pretty hard to make a r*pe charge given those circumstances.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the young lady was raped as only she and Winston have that answer and if he did it, he is a scum bag.

So what about her "if" she lied?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The accusser will be having a press conference tomorrow that is "gonna to be good"

Mother of Jameis Winston's accuser says press conference "is gonna be good" | wtsp.com

Fuck!!! Will this ever end?

Can you say civil cui against FSU, FSUPD, TPD, SAO, and Jameis' future earnings?

They are going to be screaming cover up, payoffs, and slinging mud in this press conference.

The burden of proof might be lower, but if they try to use the "intimidation" of the TPD detective and he has that audio or video and it has been taken out of context that young girl's family and half baked attorney is just putting her through more bullshit for their own personal gain.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say civil cui against FSU, FSUPD, TPD, SAO, and Jameis' future earnings?

They are going to be screaming cover up, payoffs, and slinging mud in this press conference.

The burden of proof might be lower, but if they try to use the "intimidation" of the TPD detective and he has that audio or video and it has been taken out of context that young girl's family and half baked attorney is just putting her through more bullshit for their own personal gain.

Not to mention, if they do file a civil suit, her name will be all over the place. Right now, new organizations aren't posting her name, but once this is done, it will be everywhere. I know you can find her name if you look for it, but you won't even have to look for it after this.

If they truely believe that this was r*pe and their was a cover up, then I have no issue with this, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think they do believe this. It's all been her attorney say something that goes against what's in the police reports and the evidence.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this chick even on TV?

If she wants to launch a civil suit, DO SO. But don't waste our time telling her side of the story in a press conference, it makes you look bitter.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lady is bat shit crazy. Over an hour long presser and she is still talking. As I figured. She is screaming cover up by everyone in Tallahassee. Including the hospital, TPD, SAO, FSU, and the two witnesses for Winston. I cannot believe that she is asking the Attorney General to now investigate everyone involved.