• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I meant.

They were supposed to acknowledge they were looking specifically at that point.

Not hide in the weeds like a cop with a radar gun.

Why would they need to tell the Pats they would be checking the balls at half time? Sort of defeats the purpose of seeing if they are being honest if you give them an opportunity to correct something they may have done. Cops don't announce they'll be raiding a drug house next tuesday at 5, they just do it and see who's breaking the law. The warning the Pats (and every other team) receive is the rule book they are given at the start of each season.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already rendered false. Go back and look. I've never claimed he was innocent and all but the typical dipshits every team has as followers were saying the same thing. He exploited the technicalities of the procedure and got away with whatever he was taking. Can't be more clear than that.

You can keep trying to make this about Seattle, but it's clearly not working for you. In fact, it's nearly as ineffective as Kaepernick is. :whistle:

He didn't just exploit a technicality.... He lied and said he was an innocent man, and then spoke of "truth and god" when his suspension was overturned. This is EXACTLY the same thing that is bringing scorn on Brady. And I brought it up because you said...

"Do any of your fans actually believe this stuff, or is this just feeding the trolls out of boredom, because I can seriously respect the latter. If it's the former then I wonder how so many gullible people ended up in one region of the country."

As if seahawk fans were so realistic in comparison. And I am not saying 9er fans are superior in this regard either. The sherman case was just the only other case I could think of where a player was guilty in the publics mind but demanded that he was innocent till the very end.

Again, its not so much that he cheated, but that he is acting like a victim when no one believes his story. And his fans have his back on this, just like most seahawk fans defend sherman till the bitter end.

If you can't just accept that these cases have similarities then I don't know what to say. The 9ers got caught cheating, and they never said they were innocent. It was embarrassing, why drag it out.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying too hard. They had to find a fall guy. Someone on the Patriots they could pin the deed on.

If they could have gotten Belichick I'm sure they would have..

They might have even thought Brady would be more diplomatic and pliable. I'm sure they were surprised.
They thought the late round qb who still has that chip on his shoulder would be pliable? They thought burn down the league, run up the score, still throwing touchdowns in the 4th quarter of blowout games in 2007 qb would be pliable?

Come one, surely you can't be that naive. If you're looking for a fall guy, a patsy, someone who would just roll over and take whatever punishment you want to dish out, Brady is about the last guy you're going to look at.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They thought the late round qb who still has that chip on his shoulder would be pliable? They thought burn down the league, run up the score, still throwing touchdowns in the 4th quarter of blowout games in 2007 qb would be pliable?

Come one, surely you can't be that naive. If you're looking for a fall guy, a patsy, someone who would just roll over and take whatever punishment you want to dish out, Brady is about the last guy you're going to look at.

I said might.. It was just a thought since Brady seems to just want to play football and avoid conflict.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is both of course.. ;) The Patriots have definitely pushed the envelope and have had success for a number of reasons (including talent, coaching etc)

If we accept the notion that a lot of teams try to push that envelope too (which most do) they must be really pissed when the Patriots have more success doing it with the rings to show for it...

Again. I'm just pointing out why this has little to do with the integrity of the game and more to do with a chance for other teams to get back at the Patriots.

Yes, other team push the envelope. And they get caught too. But other teams don't deny it, lie about it, take the case to a court of law, make a circus out of it, and feign being a victim.

Thats really the only difference to me. A player looking the public in the eye and lying as if he is so much smarter than everyone else. I actually would have thought it was funny that he had a guy named the "deflator" and he was slightly reducing the pressure of the ball..... had he just admitted it and taken his punishment like a man and apologized. The tapegate thing was more of a team effort so a little more slimy... like the niners paying Brent Jones under the table.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, other team push the envelope. And they get caught too. But other teams don't deny it, lie about it, take the case to a court of law, make a circus out of it, and feign being a victim.

Thats really the only difference to me. A player looking the public in the eye and lying as if he is so much smarter than everyone else. I actually would have thought it was funny that he had a guy named the "deflator" and he was slightly reducing the pressure of the ball..... had he just admitted it and taken his punishment like a man and apologized. The tapegate thing was more of a team effort so a little more slimy... like the niners paying Brent Jones under the table.

Reminds me of Lance Armstrong. Lied, and lied, lied until the very bitter end when he could no longer deny it. It made it far worse for him in my opinion than had he just owned up to it and said sorry.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they need to tell the Pats they would be checking the balls at half time? Sort of defeats the purpose of seeing if they are being honest if you give them an opportunity to correct something they may have done. Cops don't announce they'll be raiding a drug house next tuesday at 5, they just do it and see who's breaking the law. The warning the Pats (and every other team) receive is the rule book they are given at the start of each season.

All I can say is I read that somewhere.

I think it was in the NFLPA submission?

Not sure.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of Dirt, I cant imagine why its good for the NFL brand to suspend one of the faces of the league for 4 games.....

Cant seem to grasp that logic

That has nothing to do with it.

The majority of SportsHoopla Pats fans admit that they deflated balls and that Brady was in on it contrary to Hammer's dumbing down of the board (rule #10). Why can't ANY of you simply cop to the fact that if it was another QB who never won anything, it would have been handled differently? Established protocol is a cut-the-shit letter like the Vikings got. Instead we got a sting....and a really poorly orchestrated one at that.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is I read that somewhere.

I think it was in the NFLPA submission?

Not sure.

Mmmmm, maybe. I'd be shocked if that were the case though.

Look at it like a piss test. They don't test every player, but every player knows they can be tested. Same thing applies here I think. Every team knows they might get checked so it's up to them to make sure they are in compliance with the rule book.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said might.. It was just a thought since Brady seems to just want to play football and avoid conflict.
And I might get a date with Kate Beckinsale. That's about as likely as the NFL expecting Brady to just roll over.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have autism and have left items in pants before washing them.

What was your post suppose to imply?
Looks like the guy with Autism outsmarted you on this one...
Can someone tell me what the NFL will penalize themselves for not properly policing the inflation of footballs? After all this is an easy thing to do. How did they let this happen? Why arent balls inflated to 13 pounds and maintained by an NFL official?

That's like saying why doesn't a ref penalize himself when a player holds in front of him:doh:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't just exploit a technicality.... He lied and said he was an innocent man, and then spoke of "truth and god" when his suspension was overturned. This is EXACTLY the same thing that is bringing scorn on Brady. And I brought it up because you said...

"Do any of your fans actually believe this stuff, or is this just feeding the trolls out of boredom, because I can seriously respect the latter. If it's the former then I wonder how so many gullible people ended up in one region of the country."

As if seahawk fans were so realistic in comparison. And I am not saying 9er fans are superior in this regard either. The sherman case was just the only other case I could think of where a player was guilty in the publics mind but demanded that he was innocent till the very end.

Again, its not so much that he cheated, but that he is acting like a victim when no one believes his story. And his fans have his back on this, just like most seahawk fans defend sherman till the bitter end.

If you can't just accept that these cases have similarities then I don't know what to say. The 9ers got caught cheating, and they never said they were innocent. It was embarrassing, why drag it out.

He's an innocent martyr.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me what the NFL will penalize themselves for not properly policing the inflation of footballs? After all this is an easy thing to do. How did they let this happen? Why arent balls inflated to 13 pounds and maintained by an NFL official?

How did they let what happen? :noidea: You said he didn't tamper with the balls.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The majority of SportsHoopla Pats fans admit that they deflated balls and that Brady was in on it contrary to Hammer's dumbing down of the board (rule #10). Why can't ANY of you simply cop to the fact that if it was another QB who never won anything, it would have been handled differently? Established protocol is a cut-the-shit letter like the Vikings got. Instead we got a sting....and a really poorly orchestrated one at that.
There's probably some truth to that. There were reports that other owners wanted Goodell to hammer the Patriots due to the perception he went easy on them for Spygate.

However, it wasn't any kind of sting, and had Brady simply cooperated I think at most he would have received a one game suspension, but a fine is more likely.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homer, why is the NFL out to get Tom Brady?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmm, maybe. I'd be shocked if that were the case though.

Look at it like a piss test. They don't test every player, but every player knows they can be tested. Same thing applies here I think. Every team knows they might get checked so it's up to them to make sure they are in compliance with the rule book.

Well I didn't invent it.

So I know it was written somewhere.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying too hard. They had to find a fall guy. Someone on the Patriots they could pin the deed on.

If they could have gotten Belichick I'm sure they would have..

They might have even thought Brady would be more diplomatic and pliable. I'm sure they were surprised.
:puke: