• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said they were "still pissed at the patriots". Why do you think they were originally pissed at the patriots?

And I really hope you aren't going to say for winning all those super bowls rather than for illegally taping their calls.

The answer is both of course.. ;) The Patriots have definitely pushed the envelope and have had success for a number of reasons (including talent, coaching etc)

If we accept the notion that a lot of teams try to push that envelope too (which most do) they must be really pissed when the Patriots have more success doing it with the rings to show for it...

Again. I'm just pointing out why this has little to do with the integrity of the game and more to do with a chance for other teams to get back at the Patriots.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been that simple, if he was involved in it.

And if he wasn't, why would he say he was?

I think most of the evidence points towards Brady being aware of what was going on. If you are looking for 100% certainty you'll never get it. Of course we could have been more sure if a certain cell phone hadn't been conveniently destroyed by the guy under investigation. But that again proves nothing I know, it just looks guilty as hell.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Center Ice i like the part where you say you're not defending Brady or anything.

That's the best part.

Say that part again.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, there is someone else to blame for the 'plot' to deflate the balls outside of Brady?

I mean this was obviously all a conspiracy by the ball boys to frame to Tommy right? They too were 'paid' off by the other jealous owners looking to bring the Pats down.

:pound:

You're trying too hard. They had to find a fall guy. Someone on the Patriots they could pin the deed on.

If they could have gotten Belichick I'm sure they would have..

They might have even thought Brady would be more diplomatic and pliable. I'm sure they were surprised.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying too hard. They had to find a fall guy. Someone on the Patriots they could pin the deed on.

They might have even thought Brady would be more diplomatic and pliable. I'm sure they were surprised.

Why is the NFL out to get Tom Brady? You guys never answer this.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and now it's Brady's turn. Let him fry, I don't give a shit

We're talking about punishment of a guy who cheated. Brady's been found guilty and will sit out 4 games.

Do you honestly think that King Goodell is even remotely gifted at league discipline? The guy's fucked it up more times than I can remember. He's all over the place. One's thing's for sure, the next contract is for sure going to have a lock out.

And he's a SMUG ASS! Burn him, burn him now!

LOL.

It really really isn't just about the integrity of the game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How would anyone try to pin this on the HC? Deflating balls to get better grip is the selfish act of the one who stands to benefit from it. It's probably more psychological than of any real benefit to begin with.

As others have pointed out, it's the equivalent to a spit ball or other forms of cheating that have gone on as long as there has been sport. The punishment might be harsh considering the crime. I say 'might' because in this case Tommy also destroyed evidence and didn't fully cooperate in the investigation and THAT is something substantial and worthy of harsher punishment.

Had he simply came forward and admitted it I'd have laughed at him and figured maybe he deserves to sit out maybe a game, or just a hefty fine. He made a mockery of this whole thing and pretty much pushed the league to throw the book at him.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's a SMUG ASS! Burn him, burn him now!

LOL.

It really really isn't just about the integrity of the game.

But the integrity of the game is so important to your hero!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it very hard to believe that the owners would erroneously advocate for the inmates to run the asylum that has become the NFL.

The way I read it is, they're being overtly disingenuous by claiming the 4 game suspension is too harsh.

It's no longer a legal issue at this point, but rather an organic fundamental and simple moral dilemma.

The cheating & lying needs to be stamped out, and those who perpetuate it need to be punished.

:2cents:

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans should view this positively. Gives them another month to anguish over the Red Sox.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in the quote?? They needed a fall guy? I'm not sure they were thrilled it was Tom Brady but they needed someone..

A fall guy for what?

@DirtDirtDirt you hearing this?

"Bryce Harper is the face of baseball and Manfred won't stop til he's destroyed him."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans should view this positively. Gives them another month to anguish over the Red Sox.

No one is happier about this than the Patriots receiving corps.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, according to the rules of the game you are supposed to tell the suspected witch they are suspected of being a witch....

They did. They put it in the rule book that all players and coaches are supposed to read. They all know what the proper inflation of the balls is supposed to be, and if they don't that's on them.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would anyone try to pin this on the HC? Deflating balls to get better grip is the selfish act of the one who stands to benefit from it. It's probably more psychological than of any real benefit to begin with.

Really? Belichick, the Darth Vadar of football? You don't think Belichick has an opinion on the inflation of footballs?

Yes, it probably not this big advantage that many are building it up to be.

As others have pointed out, it's the equivalent to a spit ball or other forms of cheating that have gone on as long as there has been sport. The punishment might be harsh considering the crime. I say 'might' because in this case Tommy also destroyed evidence and didn't fully cooperate in the investigation and THAT is something substantial and worthy of harsher punishment.

Had he simply came forward and admitted it I'd have laughed at him and figured maybe he deserves to sit out maybe a game, or just a hefty fine. He made a mockery of this whole thing and pretty much pushed the league to throw the book at him.

Given the atmosphere I'm sure they would have thrown the book at Brady and Patriots regardless. Weren't people talking about pulling them from the Superbowl??

You forget.

If he had said something like:

"Of course he want's the ball boys to treat the ball although he never told them to break the rules. If they did because of something I said, I'm truly sorry and I will try to make sure they understand completely what I want"

That would have probably been the best but At LEAST a 1 game suspension.

Destroying the phone was stupid.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did. They put it in the rule book that all players and coaches are supposed to read. They all know what the proper inflation of the balls is supposed to be, and if they don't that's on them.

That's not what I meant.

They were supposed to acknowledge they were looking specifically at that point.

Not hide in the weeds like a cop with a radar gun.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only imagine how delighted BB and the OC are to have four whole games where the central focus of their game plan isn't to accommodate shitty play from the QB.