• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Brady by any means. I'm an Eagles fan, yeah I said it :tsk: but name me one NFL team that hasn't been caught cheating multiple times. I'm a big Montana fan and even the great one admitted his team cheated.

Everybody cheats.
Yes, and fans from EVERY other team piles on every time one gets caught. That's how this thing called the interweb works.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, scratch the shitty quote.

Still name me the team that hasn't been caught multiple times, even the Eagles? What's changed is the media. More people have a voice than ever before thanks to FB,Twitter, sports boards and newspaper comment fields. All I'm saying is not much has changed.

Name me the team that has.

Once you've done that, tell me how that's relevant to what we're talking about here.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe this incident and the ongoing battle over the sentence handed down by the commissioner are harming the game? The only harm is to the NE and Tom Brady legacy.

If this was going to have any impact on the game it would have already done so. There are no signs it has, nor that it will.

Ever watch wrestling? Controversy and conflict bring more interest, not less.

No sir, if there is a deal struck and the sentence reduced then it will be ONLY because enough owners are worried over the precedent set here and what might happen if/when their own players do the next dumb thing to hit the news cycle. It will be 100% self preservation of the owners interest, not the greater good of the game.

Disconcur. And I bet the owners do too. About how the game is viewed plus precedent.

The more this drags on, the more it makes all involved look bad.

And really, how bad is it? Use an illegal curved stick and get caught in hockey, 2 minute penalty. Illegal goalie pads? Maybe a fine.

All similar.

I don't watch baseball but what does a spitter get a pitcher?

3 of 4 judges involved think the punishment is wrong.

2 of the last 3 thought Goodell had the right to discipline.

But 2 of those same 3 thought it over the top.

Draconian even.

Optics are everything and this has optics that stink.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 312,034.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you save your best troll posts for twitter? Is SportsHoopla getting your second rate material?

Meh...twidder is dying out anyway. I read about it on the innerneps

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you save your best troll posts for twitter? Is SportsHoopla getting your second rate material?

Pardon me, cereal. I'm just completely dumbfounded and astonished by the full scope of the Patriots' cheating. I'll step up my game. Promise.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disconcur. And I bet the owners do too. About how the game is viewed plus precedent.

And really, how bad is it? Use an illegal curved stick and get caught in hockey, 2 minute penalty. Illegal goalie pads? Maybe a fine.

All similar.

Draconian even.

I hereby move that we award an extra point for the 'draconian' reference. :clap:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me, cereal. I'm just completely dumbfounded and astonished by the full scope of the Patriots' cheating. I'll step up my game. Promise.

And act like you're enjoying it too. We're your #1 fans, not those twitter chumps.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying that Goodell pushed this to limit because of the owners. For whatever reason, justified or not. It's clear many of them are still pissed at the Patriots. If they couldn't get Belichick well then Brady (who has suddenly becomes the mastermind of this "plot") but get something on the Patriots. For an offense which despite all the rhetoric is something like an equipment violation. Yeah 1st and 4th round pick and a four game suspension of Brady for what? For "being aware?"

He felt compelled to find the Patriots guilty and make them pay. He needed something of a smoking gun regardless which the Wells report provided flawed, biased or not. He needed to prove he was tough. He need to make the penalty severe enough to satisfy the owners. He needs a confession from Brady to justify it all.

You said they were "still pissed at the patriots". Why do you think they were originally pissed at the patriots?

And I really hope you aren't going to say for winning all those super bowls rather than for illegally taping their calls.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All similar.

Draconian even.

Really all you did was agree with what I said. If there is a deal made it's entirely out of self preservation for the precedent that if this is worth 4 games then what happens when one of our dipsticks gets caught doing something worse?

This story has already been in the news cycle for over a year and a half. You really think that holding to their guns and making him pay 4 games is going to make it worse? How?

Either way this is likely to end early this coming season. He's not likely to get anymore blocking by the courts to delay it. If he gets one game, two, or four (or some other reduced punishment) it's the same end.

Whatever damage you feel has happened from this has already happened and the only people that a change in punishment impacts is Pats fans and the owners who have second thoughts about what this could bring for their own players transgressions.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So their collective opinions being shared equals Goodell is just doing what they tell him to and is a sign that no wrongdoing actually happened, that it is just a conspiracy to take down the Pats. And you are flabbergasted that no one else outside of NE sees that. :lol:

Sheesh.

They may have some proof although it's still not clear that natural forces aren't part of the reasons for the deflation. They may have some proof that some members of the staff doctored the balls although not completely clear when. They have proof that Brady wanted the staff to take care of the balls as he wanted them but no proof that indicates he wanted them to actually break the rules doing it.

As this wore on and on, more and more people realized that this was way overblown and became much more than about deflated footballs.

Everyone is paying for this now, BTW. Now Goodell has to justify the outrageous penalties for deflated footballs so all penalties have been ratcheted up.. Ask KC

Feels good huh?

Last edited:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and fans from EVERY other team piles on every time one gets caught. That's how this thing called the interweb works.
Right, and now it's Brady's turn. Let him fry, I don't give a shit
Name me the team that has.

Once you've done that, tell me how that's relevant to what we're talking about here.
We're talking about punishment of a guy who cheated. Brady's been found guilty and will sit out 4 games.

Do you honestly think that King Goodell is even remotely gifted at league discipline? The guy's fucked it up more times than I can remember. He's all over the place. One's thing's for sure, the next contract is for sure going to have a lock out.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All similar.

Draconian even.

That is all true, but the suspension wasn't based merely on an equipment violation. It was based more on the attempt to cover up the equipment violation, destruction of evidence and refusal to cooperate. All things the commissioner deemed detrimental to the league. Had Brady just said he lets air out the ball because he's prefers it that way he'd have got a fine and nothing more (my guess), it was all the other extemporaneous stuff that earned him the suspension.

And more than that, it has become a labour dispute between the powers of the Commish under the CBA and the NFLPA who granted him those powers in the first place. The results of the court decision impact far beyond the game of football, the precedent set would impact all CBA's and union agreements.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really all you did was agree with what I said. If there is a deal made it's entirely out of self preservation for the precedent that if this is worth 4 games then what happens when one of our dipsticks gets caught doing something worse?

This story has already been in the news cycle for over a year and a half. You really think that holding to their guns and making him pay 4 games is going to make it worse? How?

Either way this is likely to end early this coming season. He's not likely to get anymore blocking by the courts to delay it. If he gets one game, two, or four (or some other reduced punishment) it's the same end.

Whatever damage you feel has happened from this has already happened and the only people that a change in punishment impacts is Pats fans and the owners who have second thoughts about what this could bring for their own players transgressions.

Whatever damage I feel has happened already will only be magnified by more of the same.

Brady's sin was destroying his phone.

Goodell destroyed the Spygate tapes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever damage I feel has happened already will only be magnified by more of the same.

Brady's sin was destroying his phone and the lives of Patriots fans

Goodell destroyed the Spygate tapes.

Thank you

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all true, but the suspension wasn't based merely on an equipment violation. It was based more on the attempt to cover up the equipment violation, destruction of evidence and refusal to cooperate. All things the commissioner deemed detrimental to the league. Had Brady just said he lets air out the ball because he's prefers it that way he'd have got a fine and nothing more (my guess), it was all the other extemporaneous stuff that earned him the suspension.

And more than that, it has become a labour dispute between the powers of the Commish under the CBA and the NFLPA who granted him those powers in the first place. The results of the court decision impact far beyond the game of football, the precedent set would impact all CBA's and union agreements.

It may have been that simple, if he was involved in it.

And if he wasn't, why would he say he was?