• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond belief :L

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell has "destroyed the NFL on purpose" - "he is no prize" - "he will go down as the worst ever" - he needs to go now" - "he's a clown" - "he's a moron" - "he's acting alone to destroy the pats"

That is the haters point of view - so let's see. Under Goodell the NFL is enjoying RECORD attendance & TV and Broadcast ratings & profits & players salaries. So the fans keep growing and the money keeps flowing. Like him or hate him he is running a successful biz.

More like the Patriots are out to destroy HIM.

Based on this logic then Obama is the greatest President to ever live. After all, the stock market is at record highs and GDP is the highest it has ever been.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see Jimmy G getting some playing time. Wondering how much playing time he gets in the preseason. Will BB work him or go with TB? Too bad the last preseason is with the Giants and will be resting most of the starters.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I admit the deflator thing is ridiculous. However, this is still Merica! Innocent until PROVEN guilty. As much as that bothers you it is what it is. Can you agree?

Maybe you are new to the NFL... but the U.S. judicial system and NFL punishments are completely unrelated.

And there is no law in place that makes it illegal to deflate a ball.

An employer can have rules that supersede the law. Do you really think a U.S. court has to hear every case of every punished employee and that a guilty verdict must be handed down before a punishment can be handed out? Do you really believe this? Really?

And since you already admitted the "deflator" thing is ridiculous..... why are you even still arguing about this?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see Jimmy G getting some playing time. Wondering how much playing time he gets in the preseason. Will BB work him or go with TB? Too bad the last preseason is with the Giants and will be resting most of the starters.

I hope the Giants take them both out

How is your day?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he did. Why wouldn't he? It's the dream of every commish to set up an elaborate trap to take down the face of their league and one of the greatest players his sport has ever seen. Most commissioners try this with their most popular players eventually. Happens all the time. Jordan, Gretzky, Montana, Jeter, etc... It's a long list of popular players that league commissioners have taken down for no reason. Wink.

Well except for the owners (his employer) who wanted to push this against the Patriots.. After the previous debacles Goodell needed something to keep them off his back.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since you already admitted the "deflator" thing is ridiculous..... why are you even still arguing about this?
They will keep their collective heads in the sand as long as it takes to protect Tommy boy, facts be damned.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me what the NFL will penalize themselves for not properly policing the inflation of footballs? After all this is an easy thing to do. How did they let this happen? Why arent balls inflated to 13 pounds and maintained by an NFL official?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well except for the owners (his employer) who wanted to push this against the Patriots.. After the previous debacles Goodell needed something to keep them off his back.
So this is all a mass conspiracy by the other owners to take out one of their own out of jealousy?

Do any of your fans actually believe this stuff, or is this just feeding the trolls out of boredom, because I can seriously respect the latter. If it's the former then I wonder how so many gullible people ended up in one region of the country.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me what the NFL will penalize themselves for not properly policing the inflation of footballs? After all this is an easy thing to do. How did they let this happen? Why arent balls inflated to 13 pounds and maintained by an NFL official?

What? The NFL does police the footballs, that is how this all got started. Balls were checked before the game and again at halftime and there was a discrepancy.

"Two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff, both teams will be required to bring 24 footballs (12 primary and 12 back-up) to the Officials’ Locker Room for inspection. Two Game Officials, designated by the Referee, will conduct the inspection and record the PSI measurement of each football. The League’s Security Representative will observe the inspection process. Primary game balls for each team will be numbered one through 12, and any game ball within the allowable range of 12.5 PSI to 13.5 PSI will be approved, and the PSI level will not be altered. Any game ball that is determined to be over 13.5 PSI or under 12.5 PSI will either be deflated or inflated to 13.0 PSI. The same procedure will be followed with respect to the back-up set of game balls for each team."

NFL Game Ball Procedures | NFL Football Operations

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O hell I don't give a rats ass about the pissing contest. I'm on to the draft and to see who fills out the OL.
I think no matter who is under center for the Pats they will still take the division and put up a lot of points.
All I care about is winning, bring me back the trophy. That's all I care about. Spare me the details, win.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is all a mass conspiracy by the other owners to take out one of their own out of jealousy?

Do any of your fans actually believe this stuff, or is this just feeding the trolls out of boredom, because I can seriously respect the latter. If it's the former then I wonder how so many gullible people ended up in one region of the country.

I do recall hearing a lot of arguments about how Richard Sherman was an innocent man wrongly convicted by a leaky cup... coming from the opposite side of the country. So I think we can rule out a geographically induced intellectual coma.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth, justice and the American way is for comic books.
Football is played by big, strong, mean men. It aint patty cakes with your children.
Fuck it, sit for four come back and play like hell.
Just win the games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do recall hearing a lot of arguments about how Richard Sherman was an innocent man wrongly accused by a leaky cup coming from the opposite side of the country. So I think we can rule out a geographically induced intellectual coma.
Hate to tell you, but almost all of our fans admitted he got away with one so I have no idea what you are smoking. This is entirely different. There pretty much isn't a single fan of theirs able to admit the obvious in the face of abundant and overwhelming evidence.

I have no issues with their fans still supporting Tommy cheeta like we still support Sherman or any of the others that got popped for drugs. Just stop with the blind denial on top of it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you kidding me? Did they all sit in a room at the same time? Of course not. Did they impart their feelings strongly to Goodell so that he had a very good idea of what direction he needed to take? Absolutely. That's been reported multiple times.

I don't know how you can deny that.

So yeah of course he needed to make the Patriots pay. Hence the Wells report for justification, the arbitrary rulings, the over the top penalties, the unwillingness to reduce the penalties.. He had to show the owners he was responding to what they wanted.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to tell you, but almost all of our fans admitted he got away with one so I have no idea what you are smoking. This is entirely different. There pretty much isn't a single fan of theirs able to admit the obvious in the face of abundant and overwhelming evidence.

I have no issues with their fans still supporting Tommy cheeta like we still support Sherman or any of the others that got popped for drugs. Just stop with the blind denial on top of it.

Just going off what I saw at the time on social media and forums and such. But I take your word that you weren't one of them or that you knew a lot of hawk fans who admitted he was innocent.

But I have to say.... got away with one?

I guess thats one way of putting it when a player APPEALS his suspension uses a leaky cup excuse and then tweets moments after his suspension is over turned...

"Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord"

I don't recall Seahawk fans ever calling Sherman a blatant liar and scumbag like they do about Tom Brady for his deceptions. And Sherman even thanked God for helping him lie. Thats kind of my point. That fans of a team are more willing to accept deviant behavior from their own teams players and even justify it while also being more than willing to crucify a player of another team for similar bad behavior..

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going off what I saw at the time on social media and forums and such. But I take your word that you weren't one of them or that you knew a lot of hawk fans who admitted he was innocent.

I guess thats one way of putting it when a player APPEALS his suspension uses a leaky cup excuse and then tweets moments after his suspension is over turned...

"Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord"

I don't recall Seahawk fans ever calling Sherman a blatant liar and scumbag like they do about Tom Brady for his deceptions. And Sherman even thanked God for helping him lie. Thats kind of my point. That fans of a team are more willing to accept deviant behavior from their own teams players and even justify it while also being more than willing to crucify a player of another team for similar bad behavior..

Of course......Didnt you hear the great outcry from the Patriot fanbase over the penalties Goodell hit the NO Saints with a few years ago?

me Neither

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, I have ZERO problems with their fans supporting Tommy. NONE. Why would you?

We were collectively supposed to be outraged over that? I mean really? :L The only reason you are bringing it up is you are a 9er fan and it's flat out killing you that the Seahawks own your franchise right now.

If I was a Pats fan I'd admit Tommy cheated and still not give a shit since the team still got championships and as a fan that's what matters. I'll leave the moral indignation to fans of teams that no longer know what winning even is.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Did they all sit in a room at the same time? Of course not. Did they impart their feelings strongly to Goodell so that he had a very good idea of what direction he needed to take? Absolutely. That's been reported multiple times.

I don't know how you can deny that.

So yeah of course he needed to make the Patriots pay. Hence the Wells report for justification, the arbitrary rulings, the over the top penalties, the unwillingness to reduce the penalties.. He had to show the owners he was responding to what they wanted.

So what if they imparted their feeling that the pats needed to be punished? If they thought the pats were cheating and getting away with it would you honestly expect anything less? that hardly suggest a jealous conspiracy. Its funny how some of you so easily connect dots that aren't there about conspiracies against the pats, but can't connect the dots the rest of us see so easily that tell us Brady is cheater.