• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the Roger Goodell talk, I think its pretty silly to assume this guy, an employee of the NFL owners, is just acting alone, against owners wishes throughout this whole thing......I assume that he has the support of some very powerful owners behind the scenes.....

"My Bosses really dont want me to do this, but I will anyway"

- Employees that dont like staying employed

Same bosses who will demand a settlement rather than ongoing horse hooey,,,

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it will come.

For the good of the game.

CBS Sports has an article on this today. Basically saying a couple owners are wanting the suspension reduced and they have support from other owners as well. The NFLPA seems willing to negotiate too, but they say they will do what Brady wants to do. If Brady wants to fight it the NFLPA will support that too.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Week of Posting Hammer

We must bear this torch with honesty, integrity and candor, Dirt.

We haven't chosen this torch. This torch has chosen us.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports has an article on this today. Basically saying a couple owners are wanting the suspension reduced and they have support from other owners as well. The NFLPA seems willing to negotiate too, but they say they will do what Brady wants to do. If Brady wants to fight it the NFLPA will support that too.

lemme guess....one's krafty...the other is jonesy?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady won't stand for being called a cheater.

Which is why I think he'd fess up to "not cooperating' instead of yes I knew and authorized deflation.

And the large fine and 2 draft picks are already huge punishment.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the only recourse the NFLPA and their attorneys have is to file for an appeal to the higher court, but that has to be approved to even be heard....And to get that done they have to introduce new evidence of wrong doing by the league and everything has already been submitted and gone over by 2 courts, and the highest court to date has ruled on them already....So the chances of a new appeal is more than unlikely....
Tom needs to just man up and take it or go ahead and retire if he wants to snub the league....
Could it be that he is worried that if Garrop plays those 4 games and the Pats see they can win with the young gun that BB will say Adios to Tommy boy ??? I'm just sayin' :noidea:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only recourse the NFLPA and their attorneys have is to file for an appeal to the higher court, but that has to be approved to even be heard....And to get that done they have to introduce new evidence of wrong doing by the league and everything has already been submitted and gone over by 2 courts, and the highest court to date has ruled on them already....So the chances of a new appeal is more than unlikely....
Tom needs to just man up and take it or go ahead and retire if he wants to snub the league....
Could it be that he is worried that if Garrop plays those 4 games and the Pats see they can win with the young gun that BB will say Adios to Tommy boy ??? I'm just sayin' :noidea:

That could be. I agree his chances of another court hearing this case again are pretty slim. That doesn't rule out Brady and Goodell coming to some deal that would see a smaller suspension in return for Brady not challenging Goodell's authority anymore and not pursuing anymore court.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell has "destroyed the NFL on purpose" - "he is no prize" - "he will go down as the worst ever" - he needs to go now" - "he's a clown" - "he's a moron" - "he's acting alone to destroy the pats"

That is the haters point of view - so let's see. Under Goodell the NFL is enjoying RECORD attendance & TV and Broadcast ratings & profits & players salaries. So the fans keep growing and the money keeps flowing. Like him or hate him he is running a successful biz.

More like the Patriots are out to destroy HIM.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell has "destroyed the NFL on purpose" - "he is no prize" - "he will go down as the worst ever" - he needs to go now" - "he's a clown" - "he's a moron" - "he's acting alone to destroy the pats"

That is the haters point of view - so let's see. Under Goodell the NFL is enjoying RECORD attendance & TV and Broadcast ratings & profits & players salaries. So the fans keep growing and the money keeps flowing. Like him or hate him he is running a successful biz.

Dont you know?

Kraft is the one to thank for that!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The handling of Wife Beaters and Cheaters by Goodell is small potatoes, to say the least, to NFL owners

they are being handed record monies on marketing and revenue on his watch

Thats why he will get another raise when the time comes

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone knows brady is a cheater. Brady just looks pathetic right now. his legacy has already been tarnished. can't wait to see what this whiner does next.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be. I agree his chances of another court hearing this case again are pretty slim. That doesn't rule out Brady and Goodell coming to some deal that would see a smaller suspension in return for Brady not challenging Goodell's authority anymore and not pursuing anymore court.

Maybe, but the reports I've heard and read are that that won't happen because the league offered that to him and he refused it, so either they can't or won't just out of principle now.....Not sure but if I were the Commish and he drug me through the mud like that, I wouldn't even consider it at this point....Tom has already cost the league aprox 7 mil because of him and that number would rise with another court proceeding...
I would tell Tom, you pay the 7 mil back and we'll reduce the 4 games to 2, take it or leave it....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it will come.

For the good of the game.
So you believe this incident and the ongoing battle over the sentence handed down by the commissioner are harming the game? The only harm is to the NE and Tom Brady legacy.

If this was going to have any impact on the game it would have already done so. There are no signs it has, nor that it will.

Ever watch wrestling? Controversy and conflict bring more interest, not less.

No sir, if there is a deal struck and the sentence reduced then it will be ONLY because enough owners are worried over the precedent set here and what might happen if/when their own players do the next dumb thing to hit the news cycle. It will be 100% self preservation of the owners interest, not the greater good of the game.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we are going to have to listen to another 12 months of patriots fans wand their MIT professor science lectures.
You received that Colin Kap fathead you wanted so bad:noidea:

Jim Plunkett was the QB of SF when I was six.

And my colin kaepernick fathead is far more healthy than your Tom Brady blow up sex doll.