• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Did they all sit in a room at the same time? Of course not. Did they impart their feelings strongly to Goodell so that he had a very good idea of what direction he needed to take? Absolutely. That's been reported multiple times.

I don't know how you can deny that.

So yeah of course he needed to make the Patriots pay. Hence the Wells report for justification, the arbitrary rulings, the over the top penalties, the unwillingness to reduce the penalties.. He had to show the owners he was responding to what they wanted.
So their collective opinions being shared equals Goodell is just doing what they tell him to and is a sign that no wrongdoing actually happened, that it is just a conspiracy to take down the Pats. And you are flabbergasted that no one else outside of NE sees that. :lol:

Sheesh.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me what the NFL will penalize themselves for not properly policing the inflation of footballs? After all this is an easy thing to do. How did they let this happen? Why arent balls inflated to 13 pounds and maintained by an NFL official?

"It's the NFL's fault that Tom Brady cheated! Leave him alone and penalize the league!" #FreeTawmy

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the shit Brady put Goodell through, no chance it gets reduced, this is a "Fuck You" moment for Goodell.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the shit Brady put Goodell through, no chance it gets reduced, this is a "Fuck You" moment for Goodell.

..and yet if it were literally any other player in the league this fine would be millions and the suspension at least a season long.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if they imparted their feeling that the pats needed to be punished? If they thought the pats were cheating and getting away with it would you honestly expect anything less? that hardly suggest a jealous conspiracy. Its funny how some of you so easily connect dots that aren' there about conspiracies against the pats, but can't connect the dots the rest of us see so easily that tell us Brady is f'ing cheater.

I am saying that Goodell pushed this to limit because of the owners. For whatever reason, justified or not. It's clear many of them are still pissed at the Patriots. If they couldn't get Belichick well then Brady (who has suddenly becomes the mastermind of this "plot") but get something on the Patriots. For an offense which despite all the rhetoric is something like an equipment violation. Yeah 1st and 4th round pick and a four game suspension of Brady for what? For "being aware?"

He felt compelled to find the Patriots guilty and make them pay. He needed something of a smoking gun regardless which the Wells report provided flawed, biased or not. He needed to prove he was tough. He need to make the penalty severe enough to satisfy the owners. He needs a confession from Brady to justify it all.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I have ZERO problems with their fans supporting Tommy. NONE. Why would you?

We were collectively supposed to be outraged over that? I mean really? :L The only reason you are bringing it up is you are a 9er fan and it's flat out killing you that the Seahawks own your franchise right now.

If I was a Pats fan I'd admit Tommy cheated and still not give a shit since the team still got championships and as a fan that's what matters. I'll leave the moral indignation to fans of teams that no longer know what winning even is.

Its really not killing me. I grew up watching 49er football and have witnessed 6 NFC Championships and 5 Lombardi trophies... Pretty sure some realignment team coming into the division and winning one super bowl isn't "killing me". lol

Wasn't trying to turn this into a 9er seahawk pissing match. Just reacting to Seattle fan suggesting its about the region a team is in, in this case new england, that allows their fans to be so unwilling to accept the truth when Seattle fan has proven equally as indignant as any other fanbase when it comes to outside criticism.

If you want to wave your one super bowl, never had a dynasty, flag around in response to that. I think you are more than likely helping to make my point.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really not killing me. I grew up watching 49er football and have witnessed 6 NFC Championships and 5 Lombardi trophies... Pretty sure some realignment team coming into the division and winning one super bowl isn't "killing me". lol

Wasn't trying to turn this into a 9er seahawk pissing match. Just reacting to Seattle fan suggesting its about the region a team is in, in this case new england, that allows their fans to be so unwilling to accept the truth when Seattle fan has proven equally as indignant as any other fanbase when it comes to outside criticism.

If you want to wave your one super bowl, never had a dynasty, flag around in response to that. I think you are more than likely helping to make my point.
Already rendered false. Go back and look. I've never claimed he was innocent and all but the typical dipshits every team has as followers were saying the same thing. He exploited the technicalities of the procedure and got away with whatever he was taking. Can't be more clear than that.

You can keep trying to make this about Seattle, but it's clearly not working for you. In fact, it's nearly as ineffective as Kaepernick is. :whistle:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Brady by any means. I'm an Eagles fan, yeah I said it :tsk: but name me one NFL team that hasn't been caught cheating multiple times. I'm a big Montana fan and even the great one admitted his team cheated.

Everybody cheats.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Brady by any means. I'm an Eagles fan, yeah I said it :tsk: but name me one NFL team that hasn't been caught cheating multiple times. I'm a big Montana fan and even the great one admitted his team cheated.

Everybody cheats.

"Everyone does it."

Original.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying that Goodell pushed this to limit because of the owners. For whatever reason, justified or not. It's clear many of them are still pissed at the Patriots. If they couldn't get Belichick well then Brady (who has suddenly becomes the mastermind of this "plot") but get something on the Patriots. For an offense which despite all the rhetoric is something like an equipment violation. Yeah 1st and 4th round pick and a four game suspension of Brady for what? For "being aware?"

He felt compelled to find the Patriots guilty and make them pay. He needed something of a smoking gun regardless which the Wells report provided flawed, biased or not. He needed to prove he was tough. He need to make the penalty severe enough to satisfy the owners. He needs a confession from Brady to justify it all.
So wait, there is someone else to blame for the 'plot' to deflate the balls outside of Brady?

I mean this was obviously all a conspiracy by the ball boys to frame to Tommy right? They too were 'paid' off by the other jealous owners looking to bring the Pats down.

:pound:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course......Didnt you hear the great outcry from the Patriot fanbase over the penalties Goodell hit the NO Saints with a few years ago?

me Neither

Pffftttttt. Not possible. I've been told again and again on this board that only the Pats break the rules. Why would another team get punished?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Your Honor, I stand before you accused of first degree murder."

"How do you plead?"

"Not guilty. Someone else did it too."
I always chuckle when I see guys like @Center Ice preface their excuses with "I'm not a Brady fan but..."

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everyone does it."

Original.
OK, scratch the shitty quote.

Still name me the team that hasn't been caught multiple times, even the Eagles? What's changed is the media. More people have a voice than ever before thanks to FB,Twitter, sports boards and newspaper comment fields. All I'm saying is not much has changed.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course......Didnt you hear the great outcry from the Patriot fanbase over the penalties Goodell hit the NO Saints with a few years ago?

me Neither

You mean suspending the head coach for an entire season for a first offense?

Yeah, they were rioting on the streets of Foxborough, weren't they?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the life of Dirt, I cant imagine why its good for the NFL brand to suspend one of the faces of the league for 4 games.....

Cant seem to grasp that logic