• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

The only backlash that might exist would be towards Harbaugh. He's like the fat kid who goes to a party, then goes out in front of everyone talking about all the drugs he just did at said party, then gets the party busted.

Oh, so what you're are saying is that's it's okay to do it under the table, but you better not talk too loud about it?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone has XM satellite radio (heh, satellite) tune in to the College Sports channel and listen to all these bumbling fucks from the southeast trying to justify this ruling. Been listening for an hour and not one of them has made a single valid point. Reminds me of reading this thread, actually.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone has XM satellite radio (heh, satellite) tune in to the College Sports channel and listen to all these bumbling fucks from the southeast trying to justify this ruling. Been listening for an hour and not one of them has made a single valid point. Reminds me of reading this thread, actually.
Difficult to make someone believe your argument when everyone knows the actual reason is to protect their recruiting areas.

It is like Sankey saying he is worried about student/athlete time constraints and that is why he is against spring break practices in Florida.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difficult to make someone believe your argument when everyone knows the actual reason is to protect their recruiting areas.

It is like Sankey saying he is worried about student/athlete time constraints and that is why he is against spring break practices in Florida.

So the B1G is only in it for the best interests of the kids, but the terrible SEC is only in it for their own interests?

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the SEC need to protect it's recruiting areas if this is all about giving more kids exposure they wouldn't have otherwise gotten?

Something isn't adding up here.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the SEC need to protect it's recruiting areas if this is all about giving more kids exposure they wouldn't have otherwise gotten?

Something isn't adding up here.
Just because they can't add in Alabama doesn't mean the rest of the country is incapable.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a win all around.

This is not the MLB or the NFL.

We don't need spring training camps.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a win all around.

This is not the MLB or the NFL.

We don't need spring training camps.
This has absolutely nothing to do with spring training camps. By the rule, Harbaugh could still roll down to Florida for spring break if he wanted.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has absolutely nothing to do with spring training camps. By the rule, Harbaugh could still roll down to Florida for spring break if he wanted.

Whatever, I still think taking your team to practice somewhere out of state is wrong and the NCAA needs to shut it the fuck down.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice stereotype. Guess you think we hang black people down here too huh?
That was not meant for you. I'm not going to have a discussion with someone who is incapable of conversing without resorting to strawman arguments, intentional obstinacy, and changing what I type. I actually appreciate the discussion you've brought to this thread, because you seem relatively capable of holding a conversation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the B1G is only in it for the best interests of the kids, but the terrible SEC is only in it for their own interests?

:lol:
Have you heard me say it was about the kids for Michigan? Im not making excuses to hide what Harbaugh is doing (as some fan bases have done).
He is doing the satellite camps to build relationships with coaches, players and schools in the top recruiting areas.

If the camps were being held in North Dakota, Idaho and Maine -- conferences like the SEC and ACC couldn't care less. If a level playing field is actually what they wanted, they would have just lifted their own ban. If it were to give them any type of advantage -- that is exactly what they would have done. They know it doesn't, so they want it banned for everyone.

The part I find funny is -- if the SEC wants a level playing -- why don't they go to a 9 game conference schedule? Why don't they go to a hard 85 scholarship cap? Why don't they get rid of special admissions for athletes who don't meet academic standards?

The SEC wants a level playing field, but they want it to be there rules, where they already hold the advantages.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fake outrage is about to make me fuckin' puke. :rolleyes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard me say it was about the kids for Michigan? Im not making excuses to hide what Harbaugh is doing (as some fan bases have done).
He is doing the satellite camps to build relationships with coaches, players and schools in the top recruiting areas.

If the camps were being held in North Dakota, Idaho and Maine -- conferences like the SEC and ACC couldn't care less. If a level playing field is actually what they wanted, they would have just lifted their own ban. If it were to give them any type of advantage -- that is exactly what they would have done. They know it doesn't, so they want it banned for everyone.

The part I find funny is -- if the SEC wants a level playing -- why don't they go to a 9 game conference schedule? Why don't they go to a hard 85 scholarship cap? Why don't they get rid of special admissions for athletes who don't meet academic standards?

The SEC wants a level playing field, but they want it to be there rules, where they already hold the advantages.

106.gif

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, I still think taking your team to practice somewhere out of state is wrong and the NCAA needs to shut it the fuck down.

Why?

That would screw over schools such as Northwestern. For those who don't know, Northwestern conducts their entire August football training camp in Wisconsin (available large open expanses of real estate equipped with training facilities are kinda limited in Chicagoland... hehe). So...... the annual Northwestern August football training camp is conducted at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside campus located in Kenosha, WI.

Kenosha is the worst, which makes it the best for Northwestern football

Ban, ban, ban... folks need to look before they leap with the banhammer.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where the SEC guys are coming from, but I still think it's BS that if a camp is being held at a college campus and other coaches are invited to attend, it would now break this rule. If I'm missing something, someone correct me. It's one thing to go hold satellite camps all over the country; it's another to attend one not far away when you're invited.

As I've said, it just sucks for the smaller schools that don't have the unlimited resources to travel all over the country, and for the lower ranked recruits who otherwise might not be receiving the scholarships they are receiving. I was listening to Beanie Wells on 97.1 in Columbus this morning and he was talking about kids that camped at OSU when he was there, and evidently it was very common for these initial meetings between those MAC-level schools and prospects to occur right in Columbus. I don't see how that hurts anyone.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Thursday on XM satellite radio:

Mike Leach, who couldn't understand the PAC-12's stance on this issue, said the following: ""Either (schools are worried about) trying to protect our recruiting base and legislate it so nobody can come in here and sift through our players, or (it's about) laziness. Somebody says 'I'm too lazy to have a satellite camp, so let's outlaw it.' It's one of the most absurd things ever. ... If we're even close to what we say we are, all this idealistic student-athlete (stuff) in college football. If we're even close to who and what we say we are, that needs to be overturned immediately."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not meant for you. I'm not going to have a discussion with someone who is incapable of conversing without resorting to strawman arguments, intentional obstinacy, and changing what I type. I actually appreciate the discussion you've brought to this thread, because you seem relatively capable of holding a conversation.

Nice stereotype. Guess you think we hang black people down here too huh?

The best part: I don't even live in Alabama.