• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I think about this topic, I've come to some different thoughts:

starting to think shutting these camps down was done without much deep thought. Starting to look to me like Harbaugh just pushed too many buttons, riled too many people up, so that shut them all down.

Maybe if he was not so annoying while doing things like this, it might have had a different outcome?
Yep. They had been going on for years with no issues.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I think about this topic, I've come to some different thoughts:

starting to think shutting these camps down was done without much deep thought. Starting to look to me like Harbaugh just pushed too many buttons, riled too many people up, so that shut them all down.

Maybe if he was not so annoying while doing things like this, it might have had a different outcome?
That seems like exactly what happened. Harbs went full retard and wanted to make a show of it rubbing others noses in it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like exactly what happened. Harbs went full retard and wanted to make a show of it rubbing others noses in it.

well, unless it's just some kind of deep double dare or something to actually get them shut down, might have been a mistake to rile everybody up.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming from a coach that decided in the biggest game of his coaching career (up to that point) to go with the Wildcat instead of allowing the best qb prospect in years to win the game, not smart enough to coach much less at Stanford.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he's not very bright at all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming from a coach that decided in the biggest game of his coaching career (up to that point) to go with the Wildcat instead of allowing the best qb prospect in years to win the game, not smart enough to coach much less at Stanford.
:kiffin: another game Kiffin fucked up awful time management toward the end of the game :gaah:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a source that says this vote came down to schools looking at the "cost per recruit" of these camps and decided it wasn't worth it. That's unsubstantiated BS. The vote on this came down to nothing more than politics, and if you don't see that, YOU are the idiot.

Conferences that voted against:
SEC/ACC-Self interest (which I have NO problem with)
Big 12- Texas schools have the most pull (4/10 schools)
Pac 12- USC has the most pull (Northwestern schools greatly benefit from the camps)
MWC- No idea what they were doing. BSU coach is pissed about it.
Sun Belt- Need that SEC/ACC payday

Politics? Of what? Please show us sources that state it was politics that can back up their claims with actual hard core proof. I have stated my opinions(never have i used a word fact) in any of my posts. Sorry if you cant read something and not think its an opinion on a sports message board.Unless I post an article backing up my claims, then nothing I post is stated as fact. What I can do though is listen to people i know and trust and know that what they say is pretty much gospel. This vote came down to many issues, but in the end the diversity of the group from the Pac 12 to MWC, Big 12, SEC, ACC and Sunbelt(hope I didnt leave anyone out) lends to this being about it not being right in their eyes for whatever reasons and not about any one conference ruling the roost like was originally touted as the reason.

You wanna believe the one off articles like you have been posting thats fine, but they are not fact either, they are simply one persons perspective. Mike Leach is the last person i would believe on any subject sort of where the bar is or where the local anger management classes are. As for anything he might say on the subject, its all his opinion. So there ya go in a nutshell, one mans opinion versus another mans.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardale Jones ain't come here play no school. Classes are pointless.

"I'm so happy to be done with the @NCAA and their rules & regulation. They do any & everything to exploited collegiate athletes."

"Why shouldn't a collegiate athlete be able to use their OWN likeness/brand to benefit themselves but yet the @NCAA can sell there jerseys."

:pound:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politics? Of what? Please show us sources that state it was politics that can back up their claims with actual hard core proof. I have stated my opinions(never have i used a word fact) in any of my posts. Sorry if you cant read something and not think its an opinion on a sports message board.Unless I post an article backing up my claims, then nothing I post is stated as fact. What I can do though is listen to people i know and trust and know that what they say is pretty much gospel. This vote came down to many issues, but in the end the diversity of the group from the Pac 12 to MWC, Big 12, SEC, ACC and Sunbelt(hope I didnt leave anyone out) lends to this being about it not being right in their eyes for whatever reasons and not about any one conference ruling the roost like was originally touted as the reason.

You wanna believe the one off articles like you have been posting thats fine, but they are not fact either, they are simply one persons perspective. Mike Leach is the last person i would believe on any subject sort of where the bar is or where the local anger management classes are. As for anything he might say on the subject, its all his opinion. So there ya go in a nutshell, one mans opinion versus another mans.

Teams that have gotten players from these camps can look at what they paid expense wise to gain that recruit. Did they have him on their radar before hand or was he not there? Other teams have done so apparently and found it was not to their liking. They did not vote it down simply because it was their opinion, they used facts and figures.

In every athletic department in the country they have a guy who looks at numbers and cost for each recruit and they have a target value assigned to get the kids. The higher impact the player is the higher the dollar figure. Imagine a kid who is a three star at a camp, his number is likely going to be expended and then some in one small weekend or half week camp. So this issue is about money in a sense and they do have numbers on this. They did not just form an opinion out of thin air and vote.
So these are opinions? They seem pretty definitive.

I've at least provided SOMETHING to back up my position. Here's another one from the PAC, since you don't like Leach:

Mark Helfrich said Oregon Ducks were on

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a podcast of Jeremy Crabtree, who is a NATIONAL recruiting analyst saying that the PAC went against their own self interest:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell if one coach out of 14 in the Pac 12 says he was against it, they all must've been huh?
Not sure about that Alabama math, but I've posted 2 so far. In addition, Oregon State traditionally use satellite camps as well. Logically, other schools in the region (AZ schools, UW, Utah, etc) would benefit greatly from being able to get face time in the Cali football scene. Sorry I did not personally poll each one of the coaches across the country, but I sure as shit have provided a lot more evidence than has been provided to the contrary.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that Alabama math, but I've posted 2 so far. In addition, Oregon State traditionally use satellite camps as well. Logically, other schools in the region (AZ schools, UW, Utah, etc) would benefit greatly from being able to get face time in the Cali football scene. Sorry I did not personally poll each one of the coaches across the country, but I sure as shit have provided a lot more evidence than has been provided to the contrary.

The only evidence i need is this

NCAA bans satellite camps effective immediately

And specifically this part of the article.

"The Big Ten was the only Power 5 conference that was in favor of satellite camps, a source told ESPN."

Seems like you want to parade one off coaches and articles while the issue seems to be shown that the MAJORITY voted against. So there is that.