• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're also assuming that every kid that disagrees is going to take to Twitter and we're going to find out about it.

You need about 100 of them to equal out to 1%.

And you need to assume that even those that claim such things would additionally have no other way of getting offers etc.

I just don't see it being as helpful as some are claiming. If they were going in areas were exposure is very limited then I could maybe by it, but those are the areas they avoid.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how you are going to come up with a dollar to recruit ratio for these camps? You are talking as if this is something used to vote down the camps. Explain how you can accurately figure that out?

Teams that have gotten players from these camps can look at what they paid expense wise to gain that recruit. Did they have him on their radar before hand or was he not there? Other teams have done so apparently and found it was not to their liking. They did not vote it down simply because it was their opinion, they used facts and figures.

In every athletic department in the country they have a guy who looks at numbers and cost for each recruit and they have a target value assigned to get the kids. The higher impact the player is the higher the dollar figure. Imagine a kid who is a three star at a camp, his number is likely going to be expended and then some in one small weekend or half week camp. So this issue is about money in a sense and they do have numbers on this. They did not just form an opinion out of thin air and vote.

And again, you are glossing over that this is not solely an SEC thing, others voted it down as well including the Sunbelt, Pac 12, Big 12 ACC and so on. So please, jump up off your knees and get off the SEC sack, its getting sore.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how you are going to come up with a dollar to recruit ratio for these camps? You are talking as if this is something used to vote down the camps. Explain how you can accurately figure that out?

Teams that have gotten players from these camps can look at what they paid expense wise to gain that recruit. Did they have him on their radar before hand or was he not there? Other teams have done so apparently and found it was not to their liking. They did not vote it down simply because it was their opinion, they used facts and figures.

In every athletic department in the country they have a guy who looks at numbers and cost for each recruit and they have a target value assigned to get the kids. The higher impact the player is the higher the dollar figure. Imagine a kid who is a three star at a camp, his number is likely going to be expended and then some in one small weekend or half week camp.
I agree with everything you said, and I sure hope to see Urban test your theory this season. :suds:
:suds:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In every athletic department in the country they have a guy who looks at numbers and cost for each recruit and they have a target value assigned to get the kids. The higher impact the player is the higher the dollar figure. Imagine a kid who is a three star at a camp, his number is likely going to be expended and then some in one small weekend or half week camp. So this issue is about money in a sense and they do have numbers on this. They did not just form an opinion out of thin air and vote.
Source?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you need to assume that even those that claim such things would additionally have no other way of getting offers etc.

I just don't see it being as helpful as some are claiming. If they were going in areas were exposure is very limited then I could maybe by it, but those are the areas they avoid.
That would also pend on how many of the kids tweeting are legit. This is the internet anyone that disagrees with the ruling could slap a Twitter account together. Or alter a account to either disagree or troll.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. You guys will go to any extent to avoid actually debating the issue. Fake Twitter accounts and respected media members just trolling for hits? Weak.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. You guys will go to any extent to avoid actually debating the issue. Fake Twitter accounts and respected media members just trolling for hits? Weak.
I'm still waiting on links from trustme supporting his claims. I'm being a realist if the loophole wasn't abused it would not have been necassary to modify it. If anyone is to blame that falls directly on the shoulders of the schools who abused the loop hole. The student athletes can direct the anger toward the proper cause of the changes that were necassary

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah, like I said, I see where you're coming from. I guess I didn't see the downside of it, though. It if helps even a small handful of kids get a scholarship they wouldn't have gotten otherwise, it seems worth it to me, especially if it's really not hurting anything else.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes clearly. Notice how it's focused on the SEC and even goes to claim the SEC pushed for it. It was the ACC that pushed for it.

It then goes on to focus even more on the SEC while 4 out of 5 P5 conferences voted against the camps.

Additionally, it fails to mention all the scholarships Harbaugh pulled after offering kids at these camps when he figured out he could get better players without them.

So yes, clearly trolling.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want me to supply a source for what? That they watch dollars on recruiting very closely? Or that they target certain kids and they spend money on the ones they know are high need targets? Or do you want my sources within the Alabama athletic department that have told me in detail how they have a war room of sorts with targeted kids they want and who is going to be responsible for trying to get the kid? Or do you want my sources inside that department that tell me they watch dollars closely on recruiting so they dont go over a certain figure? I am bleak on what "sauces" you want.

If you dont know that athletic departments watch dolllars and cents on kids then clearly you are an idiot. No school is going after a three star or some kid who is not high enough profile to get a star ranking at a camp when they can spend their money more wisely on one who can make an impact. And before you ask, no I dont have a source on this last section except Bandwagonbo2 care of ******** and you can still take it to the bank as gold.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes clearly. Notice how it's focused on the SEC and even goes to claim the SEC pushed for it. It was the ACC that pushed for it.

It then goes on to focus even more on the SEC while 4 out of 5 P5 conferences voted against the camps.

Additionally, it fails to mention all the scholarships Harbaugh pulled after offering kids at these camps when he figured out he could get better players without them.

So yes, clearly trolling.
It's been clearly documented that the ACC made the push. The other 4 P5 teams supported it. But the SEC.... I also believe the U of M Tampas application to the transfer to the ACC was rejected

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to to supply a source for what? That they watch dollars on recruiting very closely? Or that they target certain kids and they spend money on the ones they know are high need targets? Or do you want my sources within the Alabama athletic department that have told me in detail how they have a war room of sorts with targeted kids they want and who is going to be responsible for trying to get the kid? Or do you want my sources inside that department that tell me they watch dollars closely on recruiting so they dont go over a certain figure? I am bleak on what "sauces" you want.

If you dont know that athletic departments watch dolllars and cents on kids then clearly you are an idiot. No school is going after a three star or some kid who is not high enough profile to get a star ranking at a camp when they can spend their money more wisely on one who can make an impact. And before you ask, no I dont have a source on this last section except Bandwagonbo2 care of ******** and you can still take it to the bank as gold.
I want a source that says this vote came down to schools looking at the "cost per recruit" of these camps and decided it wasn't worth it. That's unsubstantiated BS. The vote on this came down to nothing more than politics, and if you don't see that, YOU are the idiot.

Conferences that voted against:
SEC/ACC-Self interest (which I have NO problem with)
Big 12- Texas schools have the most pull (4/10 schools)
Pac 12- USC has the most pull (Northwestern schools greatly benefit from the camps)
MWC- No idea what they were doing. BSU coach is pissed about it.
Sun Belt- Need that SEC/ACC payday

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a source that says this vote came down to schools looking at the "cost per recruit" of these camps and decided it wasn't worth it. That's unsubstantiated BS. The vote on this came down to nothing more than politics, and if you don't see that, YOU are the idiot.

Pac 12- USC has the most pull (Northwestern schools greatly benefit from the camps)

Are you going to substantiate your claims as to why they voted against with quotes?

Or is that a 1 way requirement?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to substantiate your claims as to why they voted against with quotes?

Or is that a 1 way requirement?
I've been providing sources this entire time. In fact, I've been about the only one doing so. What would you like substantiated that you can't figure out by just thinking logically about it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been providing sources this entire time. In fact, I've been about the only one doing so. What would you like substantiated that you can't figure out by just thinking logically about it?

So you have sources that support this?

I must have missed them, please post again.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Alvarez a satellite camp success
WSU coach Mike Leach slams NCAA over ruling to ban satellite football camps
See part about BSU in USA Today article I just posted
NCAA satellite camps: Sun Belt doesn't say why it voted no | www.ajc.com
Georgia State’s Miles doesn’t like NCAA ruling on satellite camps | Georgia State Sports

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I think about this topic, I've come to some different thoughts:

starting to think shutting these camps down was done without much deep thought. Starting to look to me like Harbaugh just pushed too many buttons, riled too many people up, so that shut them all down.

Maybe if he was not so annoying while doing things like this, it might have had a different outcome?