• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want us to shed a tear for you because your own coach flaunted his shit and made a big deal of things and the NCAA started looking at it. I can post words stated by my own coach that states he doesnt give a shit about these camps and sees little value in them versus the time the coaches have to spend with the kids. Its no surprise that Saban and his staff are consistently top recruiters and thats due to hard work and knowing talent when they look at film. Its not about keeping an advantage.

You seem to feel that the SEC has an advantage now, but imagine if the SEC had lifted its ban on these camps due to others doing it and not wanting to tie its teams hands and create a disadvantage. Can you imagine teams like LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss in your back yard taking your talent due to a satellite camp? Can you imagine the money they would be able to spend yo do multiple camps per year? Just think about how much money each SEC team gets from the SEC network and that rolling into camps and opportunities in multiple areas targeting not only your best players, but the best from other schools as well. So please, spare me the boo hoo act and realize the NCAA actually just saved your ass in a sense because you really dont want the best recruiting staffs in the country coming into your neighborhood and holding camps for players you depend on.
IMO Alabama should get rings for putting an end to Harbaughs abuse of the system. Yuma have to wait 16 years tho

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

Agreeing with Michigan fans when you KNOW they're wrong. Dude, this is a new low for you. I'm embarrassed. :L
See I dont KNOW they are wrong. You see unlike you I dont nut swing I have my own opinions. You are embarrassed because you have no idea what it is like to be your own man and form your own opinions. Keep on those SEC nuts, you do well there.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They bent to the will of the SEC. They saw a threat and they wanted it gone. It had nothing to do with the benefit to the student athlete (not having to travel thousands of miles on their own dime to go to football camps). Yes, it also benefited schools to go to camps in other states to see other talent -- but that's a good thing. Kids who never could have been seen by Harbaugh (or any other coach who did this, like Urban) because they weren't highly ranked by recruiting sites or they couldn't afford to come to camps were now being seen by one of the country's premier coaches. Kids who never would have landed a scholarship offer to schools could be seen by traveling MAC programs and get a full ride to college. This doesn't hurt the 4/5 star guys, this hurts the potential walk-ons and low 3 or 2 star guys that never have a chance otherwise.

NCAA bans use of satellite college football camps

"This happened because the SEC coaches are mad at Jim Harbaugh," said one non-Power Five head coach. "That's all. It's a (expletive) joke. Think about all the kids who could've ended up getting MAC scholarships because they got seen by someone who probably would never have saw them before. That's who you're really hurting. What about those kids? It's going to force these kids to spend more money. All you're doing is providing more exposure."

Satellite-camp ban hurts many, but not Michigan's Jim Harbaugh

"In a ruling that appeased seemingly nobody outside of a Southeastern coaches' office, the NCAA Division I council voted Friday to ban its football coaches from attending summer camps away from their campuses. "

"The biggest loss, though, belongs to prospective athletes who use these camps as a way to get noticed by coaches. Several successfulsatellite campers tweeted out their disapproval Friday afternoon."

So, sure, celebrate that your recruiting grounds are protected somewhat but in doing so you've harmed the student athlete. As it says in the article, Michigan still has it's spring practice trips and will likely find a way around this. But ultimately this rule is unnecessary and hidden behind the false premise of keeping things equal. In reality, it prevents other schools from gaining access to the most talent rich areas in CFB.
Would A ring make you feel better about your irrelevance?

:smokinglittlebluecrystals:

146022433773711_zpsmhq2fggo.png

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I dont KNOW they are wrong. You see unlike you I dont nut swing I have my own opinions. You are embarrassed because you have no idea what it is like to be your own man and form your own opinions. Keep on those SEC nuts, you do well there.

If satellite camps were an Alabama product, would your opinion be the same?

Yes or No?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If satellite camps were an Alabama product, would your opinion be the same?

Yes or No?
They were an SEC product that was banned by the SEC.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole week? :pound:Clueless again. Aren't these camps half a day, at best?
Well, I know our camp here is more than just a day. I don't know if the other camps mirror that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how 4 out of 5 P5 conferences voted against these camps, but it's all Saban and the SEC's fault.

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how 4 out of 5 P5 conferences voted against these camps, but it's all Saban and the SEC's fault.

How many of us called this outcome when maizeandblue put up his media circus Harbaugh thread. Claiming Harbaugh was a genius and not abusing the system?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington State head coach Mike Leach is pissed-off about the NCAA's satellite camp decision.
WSU coach Mike Leach slams NCAA over ruling to ban satellite football camps

Athletes are pissed too:
Football players aren't happy at all about the NCAA's satellite camps ban

Paste from article including a quote from Mike Leach:

But ultimately, the constituency the rule will affect most is high school recruits.

“It appears that the selfish interests of a few schools and conferences prevailed over the best interests of future potential student-athletes,” WSU coach Mike Leach said in a text message to the Seattle Times. “The mission of universities and athletic programs should be to provide future student-athletes with exposure to opportunities, not to limit them. It appears to me that some universities and conferences are willing to sacrifice the interests of potential student-athletes for no better reasons than to selfishly monopolize their recruiting bases.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from Mike Leach:

But ultimately, the constituency the rule will affect most is high school recruits.

“It appears that the selfish interests of a few schools and conferences prevailed over the best interests of future potential student-athletes,” WSU coach Mike Leach said in a text message to the Seattle Times. “The mission of universities and athletic programs should be to provide future student-athletes with exposure to opportunities, not to limit them. It appears to me that some universities and conferences are willing to sacrifice the interests of potential student-athletes for no better reasons than to selfishly monopolize their recruiting bases.

Yeah, the guy who locks kids up in sheds is pissed off about this because of the kids, not his own selfish interests.

What a douchebag.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As you know, it takes very little for the crying about the SEC to start. I, for one, enjoy it. Especially since they have no choice but to either get over it or freak out and cry about it on social media (Twitter has been awesome fwiw).

It's great to be King. Bow down minions!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... 4down20's time stamps are starting to get creepy.... apparently he be keeping this website opened-up on his e-device/computer, and must be continuously hitting the F5/refresh button, cause the responses are coming within 20 seconds... even when he isn't quoted! Wowser!

He's trying like fuck to justify a very bad NCAA decision.
Let it go, man. LOL.

Tick-tock.....

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Mike Leach is a dumbass. We already knew this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... 4down20's time stamps are starting to get creepy.... apparently he be keeping this website opened-up on his e-device/computer, and must be continuously hitting the F5/refresh button, cause the responses are coming within 20 seconds... even when he isn't quoted! Wowser!

He's trying like fuck to justify a very bad NCAA decision.
Let it go, man. LOL.

Tick-tock.....

Creepy is being so fucking butthurt about a topic that you actually care about when I visit this website.

Cry more you little bitch.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the media, the PAC 12 was in favor.

Mike Leach needs to talk to his cohorts in the PAC 12. Maybe the PAC 11 is getting a little jealous of that outlier in eastern washington, the 12th school.

Who wouldn't be jealous of Pullman? It is right next to Idaho.

map-washington-pullman.jpg