• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The NCAA caved to the SEC."

Now we see that's a load of desperate bullshit from the B1G'ers.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans, answer me one question. Is there a rule on the books that prohibits coaches recruiting off campus during the fall and spring and if so, wouldn't these off campus camps seem to contradict those rules that have been in place for years?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... on BTN's Spring football report show, Jerry DiNardo mentioned an unfortunate effect of this new NCAA ruling: Curtis Blackwell's Sound Mind Sound Body Camp for Detroit inner city kids will be shut down because of this ruling.

Curtis Blackwell has been operating this inner city Detroit camp for over 10 years. Here is an article from last June describing the 2015 camp
Sound Mind Sound Body camp should be the largest yet

The SMSB camp has garnered national respect as one of the best programs in the nation targeting at risk inner city youths. For the 2015 camp, over 800 youths learned what it takes to be successful from some of the biggest names in college football. Michigan State's Mark Dantonio, Ohio State's Urban Meyer, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh, Penn State's James Franklin and Wisconsin's Paul Chryst are a few of the Big Ten coaches who attended. Even Pac-12 teams Stanford, USC, UCLA and Oregon had coaches in Detroit for this camp. NFL players also participate in the SMSB camp, and for 2015, Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell also participated.

Because Curtis Blackwell has been recognized as such a positive influence on inner city kids, a couple years ago Blackwell accepted a position at Michigan State as Director of College Advancement and Performance (in addition to continuing some of his duties at the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp).

DiNardo mentioned that cooler heads should eventually prevail, and that this NCAA knee-jerk reaction ruling will hopefully be adjusted in order to allow such programs as Sound Mind Sound Body to continue in their current format.

We shall see.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans, answer me one question. Is there a rule on the books that prohibits coaches recruiting off campus during the fall and spring and if so, wouldn't these off campus camps seem to contradict those rules that have been in place for years?
It is akin to Saban "bumping into recruits" in the spring when he was going to supposedly "talk with coaches, teachers or counselors" about a recruit. It was banned and is known as the Saban rule.
Saban found a loophole and exploited it til it was closed.

That is all coaches have done with the Sattelite camps. It was fine with the other conferences until high profile coaches started doing it and then it was an actual threat and they whined til the loophole was closed.

Only a matter of time until the next loophole is found and exploited.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is akin to Saban "bumping into recruits" in the spring when he was going to supposedly "talk with coaches, teachers or counselors" about a recruit. It was banned and is known as the Saban rule.
Saban found a loophole and exploited it til it was closed.

That is all coaches have done with the Sattelite camps. It was fine with the other conferences until high profile coaches started doing it and then it was an actual threat and they whined til the loophole was closed.

Only a matter of time until the next loophole is found and exploited.

:lol: I wondered when you'd be along to compare Harbaugh to Saban or Urban.

It was fine until your coach wanted to publicly advertise it, claim himself to be an innovator while trying to start shit with people about it over social media.

Thanks Harbaugh! No more UAB recruits for you!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I wondered when you'd be along to compare Harbaugh to Saban or Urban.

It was fine until your coach wanted to publicly advertise it, claim himself to be an innovator while trying to start shit with people about it over social media.

Thanks Harbaugh! No more UAB recruits for you!
Start shit? What did he start? He responded, but only after coaches made comments.

And I'm not comparing Harbaugh to any coach. I'm comparing the situations where a loop hole was exploited.

At some point you will all come around and realize every coach at a top program is shady and is going to do anything and everything to find loopholes and rules to exploit to their advantage.

That is why I said. I can't wait to see what the next rule is that gets exploited

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start shit? What did he start? He responded, but only after coaches made comments.

And I'm not comparing Harbaugh to any coach. I'm comparing the situations where a loop hole was exploited.

At some point you will all come around and realize every coach at a top program is shady and is going to do anything and everything to find loopholes and rules to exploit to their advantage.

That is why I said. I can't wait to see what the next rule is that gets exploited
vf_zpsxap1wns1.png

Harbaugh exploited the satellite camp loophole. And that is why it was closed. You can try to deflect the topic to Saban,Meyer,Aiken etc....... But exposure U is why there are no more coaching "guests" at satellite camps. And I'm sure this is just the beginning of changes due to Harbaughs shady coaching practices

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 105930

Harbaugh exploited the satellite camp loophole. And that is why it was closed. You can try to deflect the topic to Saban,Meyer,Aiken etc....... But exposure U is why there are no more coaching "guests" at satellite camps. And I'm sure this is just the beginning of changes due to Harbaughs shady coaching practices

Yup... Jimmy Boy screwed things up... even for the legitimate helpful youth camps like Sound Mind Sound Body that I mentioned in my post above.... Thanks Jim... I'm sure the inner city kids are real happy with you now!

Hopefully, the NCAA will do the right thing, and adjust the rule to allow the continuance (in their current format) of such legit youth camps as Sound Mind Sound Body.

I'm pretty much neutral when it comes to the B1G teams... I enjoy watching/supporting all the Great Lakes region teams (and poking fun at them a little bit too).... but come this October, now I think I would like to see Dantonio pull a similar result like last year vs Harbaugh!

Last edited:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... on BTN's Spring football report show, Jerry DiNardo mentioned an unfortunate effect of this new NCAA ruling: Curtis Blackwell's Sound Mind Sound Body Camp for Detroit inner city kids will be shut down because of this ruling.

Curtis Blackwell has been operating this inner city Detroit camp for over 10 years. Here is an article from last June describing the 2015 camp
Sound Mind Sound Body camp should be the largest yet

The SMSB camp has garnered national respect as one of the best programs in the nation targeting at risk inner city youths. For the 2015 camp, over 800 youths learned what it takes to be successful from some of the biggest names in college football. Michigan State's Mark Dantonio, Ohio State's Urban Meyer, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh, Penn State's James Franklin and Wisconsin's Paul Chryst are a few of the Big Ten coaches who attended. Even Pac-12 teams Stanford, USC, UCLA and Oregon had coaches in Detroit for this camp. NFL players also participate in the SMSB camp, and for 2015, Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell also participated.

Because Curtis Blackwell has been recognized as such a positive influence on inner city kids, a couple years ago Blackwell accepted a position at Michigan State as Director of College Advancement and Performance (in addition to continuing some of his duties at the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp).

DiNardo mentioned that cooler heads should eventually prevail, and that this NCAA knee-jerk reaction ruling will hopefully be adjusted in order to allow such programs as Sound Mind Sound Body to continue in their current format.

We shall see.
Let the kids drive to Alabama.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 105930

I can see why you have 100,000 posts. You just repeat yourself over and over.

And you are trolling the wrong guy. I already know every elite coach is shady (don't worry, USC is safe, Clay Aiken isn't in that group)

This isn't the last rule he will bend or the last loop hole he will find to try and gain an advantage.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you have 100,000 posts. You just repeat yourself over and over.

And you are trolling the wrong guy. I already know every elite coach is shady (don't worry, USC is safe, Clay Aiken isn't in that group)

This isn't the last rule he will bend or the last loop hole he will find to try and gain an advantage.
Back to the clay aiken :L you're going to have to up your game with the trolling. I cant blame you for being mad this was a rule change due to your corrupt coach. Wait until the sanctions eventually hit Harbaugh has been sloppy with the rules from the start :laugh3: You should review mt at 1 and work your way up. It would be doing the board a favor :nod:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the clay aiken :L you're going to have to up your game with the trolling. I cant blame you for being mad this was a rule change due to your corrupt coach. Wait until the sanctions eventually hit Harbaugh has been sloppy with the rules from the start :laugh3: You should review mt at 1 and work your way up. It would be doing the board a favor :nod:
There is nothing to troll about USC. If I were to troll a PAC-12 team, I'd at least pick a relevant one.
If you want to see how far USC is off the CFB radar. Look at your coach. End of story.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to troll about USC. If I were to troll a PAC-12 team, I'd at least pick a relevant one.
If you want to see how far USC is off the CFB radar. Look at your coach. End of story.
I can see why you want to talk about USC. Especially after this footage was released from the Michigan spring game.

CAPSLAP_zpsvx2opgvb.gif

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up and stop back peddling. You attempted to troll USC already by bringing up
clay-aiken-tv-show-political-race.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you want to talk about USC. Especially after this footage was released from the Michigan spring game.

CAPSLAP_zpsvx2opgvb.gif
Doesn't surprise me that you have a video like this readily available. I'm starting to see why you and Bamabino are "friends". So how often do you guys trade your gay pron pics?