• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the stellar reasoning against this that I've seen is 1. it might hurt small schools (but probably not) and 2. Saban doesn't want to deal with it.
so Saban's comments "I'm really not even thinking that it has that much value," Saban told reporters this week. "What would be a more interesting question for you to research -- and I can't answer this -- the teams that have done them, what value does it serve? How many players did they get? They had some players commit to them and some of those players decommitted, and I know they even wanted to drop some of those players when they found out they could get better players." about this dont tell you he couldnt care less about the camps.

All he has to do is point to four national titles and a bevy of players in the NFL and thats enough to bring in plays from around the US from any state. Sounds like someone has a Saban fetish.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Saban's comments "I'm really not even thinking that it has that much value," Saban told reporters this week. "What would be a more interesting question for you to research -- and I can't answer this -- the teams that have done them, what value does it serve? How many players did they get? They had some players commit to them and some of those players decommitted, and I know they even wanted to drop some of those players when they found out they could get better players." about this dont tell you he couldnt care less about the camps.

All he has to do is point to four national titles and a bevy of players in the NFL and thats enough to bring in plays from around the US from any state. Sounds like someone has a Saban fetish.

I started to point this out earlier, but I was kind of laughing at them blaming Saban.

Oh well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, if this is for the good of the kids - why are the camps all in the south in recruiting rich areas?

I guess Harbaugh is like - fuck those kids from Maine!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow this thread kinda took off :dhd:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, if this is for the good of the kids - why are the camps all in the south in recruiting rich areas?

In his defense, that Maine accent is hard to get past.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaves the Schools with no population base, a few options

1A. Act like North Carolina, no attending classes, automatically pass, just play sportsl
1B. Act like Miami, get an idiot donor, funnel him/her lots of money via their "business", do not let idiot donor know money is coming from the University, allow idiot donor to throw parties, have hookers and blow, give recruits money
1C. Act like Mississippi, make sure recruits tweet out lots and lots of pictures of them standing around in money
1D. Act like the SEC, over-sign to the hilt, find the gray areas to hide the recruits, then make sure the recruits are treated to 1A, 1B, and 1C a lot.

When the NCAA comes calling, Stonewall the NCAA as long as possible. Lawyer up and go through lots and lots of legal loopholes to delay any actions. Do not be a USC or a Penn State, emulate Miami, North Carolina, and Mississippi.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren't. They are in densely populated areas and areas where the majority play football and have aspirations to play football. Same reason the Minnesota hockey coach isn't coming down to Alabama to host hockey camps.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't. They are in densely populated areas and areas where the majority play football and have aspirations to play football. Same reason the Minnesota hockey coach isn't coming down to Alabama to host hockey camps.

So it's not really for the kids.

Got it.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not really for the kids.

Got it.
:lol: I'll check back in to see if you ever come up with an actual argument, as opposed to just throwing out "Got it." like you've actually made a point. No shit the schools get a benefit from it as well...I've never said otherwise. That's the way the world works, figuring out how to make things mutually beneficial. In this instance, the benefit for the schools is exposure outside of their geographic area. For the kids, thy get the chance to work with top level coaches and possibly be noticed and get a free education while not having to pay to travel all over the country. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I'll check back in to see if you ever come up with an actual argument, as opposed to just throwing out "Got it." like you've actually made a point. No shit the schools get a benefit from it as well...I've never said otherwise. That's the way the world works, figuring out how to make things mutually beneficial. In this instance, the benefit for the schools is exposure outside of their geographic area. For the kids, thy get the chance to work with top level coaches and possibly be noticed and get a free education while not having to pay to travel all over the country. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

My actual argument is you are full of shit and just pissed off because you lost what you viewed as a recruiting tool, and just want to bring up "for the kids" argument because you think it sounds good.

Is that blunt enough?

Btw, the reason they outlawed these camps the first time is for the smaller schools who can't spend tons of money sending coaches out to camps, setting them up, etc.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My actual argument is you are full of shit and just pissed off because you lost what you viewed as a recruiting tool, and just want to bring up "for the kids" argument because you think it sounds good.

Is that blunt enough?

Btw, the reason they outlawed these camps the first time is for the smaller schools who can't spend tons of money sending coaches out to camps, setting them up, etc.
You are welcome to question my motives all you want...I really don't care what random Bama fan thinks of me. Do satellite camps help or hurt recruits?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are welcome to question my motives all you want...I really don't care what random Bama fan thinks of me. Do satellite camps help or hurt recruits?

Do many of the recruiting rules hurt recruits? No.

It's almost as if that's not the reasons the rules exist.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do many of the recruiting rules hurt recruits? No.

It's almost as if that's not the reasons the rules exist.
And what I'm saying is the poor wittle schools that are supposedly hurt by these camps actually benefit from them as much or more than the major schools. That's on top of the benefits for the recruits, both those that are P5 caliber and those that aren't.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the NCAA moved fast on that. Why don't they act that fast on schools that are cheating or falsifying grades; NC, SYR, etc.

What a freaking joke they are.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what I'm saying is the poor wittle schools that are supposedly hurt by these camps actually benefit from them as much or more than the major schools. That's on top of the benefits for the recruits, both those that are P5 caliber and those that aren't.

No they don't, they don't have the money to send the staff all around the country, nor is Coach Jones from South Alabama going to bring in recruits to these camps as a headliner.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't, they don't have the money to send the staff all around the country, nor is Coach Jones from South Alabama going to bring in recruits to these camps as a headliner.
If they can't afford to send a coach to a camp, they don't have enough money to send them out recruiting either. Better ban traveling to recruit because that's not fair.

What's a better return on investment, sending a coach to watch a few games, or sending a coach to see a hundred kids in a couple hours?