• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING NEWS: 9ers sign Moss 1 yr deal

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me in on liking the signing! Low Risk High reward signing.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personally like this move a lot better than putting up big money for Vincent Jackson. Gives us a lot more flexibility to keep growing through the draft, and even adding another third tier FA WR. Fleener got a little more likely at 30, but would still like to add someone like Hill or even Sanu, or a CB over a 1st rd TE. But could live with it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Harbaugh’s opening helped close deal with Moss

During Randy Moss’ 24-hour recruitment, Jim Harbaugh played the role of both coach and quarterback.

But it was Harbaugh’s initial role – chauffeur – that gave Moss the first clue his soon-to-be head coach was wired a little differently from his peers.

Harbaugh picked Moss up at the airport Sunday, a gesture that stunned the wide receiver. Who did he expect would handle the pick-up duty? Maybe a member of the team’s security. Possibly wide receivers coach John Morton.

“I was very appreciative of him doing that,” Moss said to 49ers.com. “I mean, the head coach picking a guy up – think about that.”

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Harbaugh’s opening helped close deal with Moss

During Randy Moss’ 24-hour recruitment, Jim Harbaugh played the role of both coach and quarterback.

But it was Harbaugh’s initial role – chauffeur – that gave Moss the first clue his soon-to-be head coach was wired a little differently from his peers.

Harbaugh picked Moss up at the airport Sunday, a gesture that stunned the wide receiver. Who did he expect would handle the pick-up duty? Maybe a member of the team’s security. Possibly wide receivers coach John Morton.

“I was very appreciative of him doing that,” Moss said to 49ers.com. “I mean, the head coach picking a guy up – think about that.”

I love Harbaugh which means he has come a long way in my mind since the Cowboys game.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign Morgan or grab a guy like Caldwell in FA and then grab Hemingway and AJ Jenkins in the mid rounds and we should be good at WR for this year. Then maybe in next year's draft push hard for Justin Hunter.

Super move no matter what....unless he doesn't bounce back from the ACL. No matter what is a bit of hyperbole, but I LOVE that kid (in a non-homo, pure man-crush way).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super move no matter what....unless he doesn't bounce back from the ACL. No matter what is a bit of hyperbole, but I LOVE that kid (in a non-homo, pure man-crush way).

I'm right there with you. Two WRs I'm absolutely in love with for next year, Hunter and Dobson. Though Dobson is a bit of an unknown.

Keenan Allen is an intriguing guy as well, but Hunter is gonna be a beast if he comes back from injury the same.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with you. Two WRs I'm absolutely in love with for next year, Hunter and Dobson. Though Dobson is a bit of an unknown.

Keenan Allen is an intriguing guy as well, but Hunter is gonna be a beast if he comes back from injury the same.

If it happens, we can crack some bubbly!

As far as the thread topic, I think this move is low risk and possibly high reward. After last year's moves, I think Harbaugh and Baalke deserve the benefit of the doubt on whether a player fits and is worth the price.

I think the Moss signing should have virtually no effect on who else we bring in this year at WR given his age, 1 year contract status and the fact that he's only our 3rd WR under contract.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll need the bubbly to wash the cum off my lap if we draft Hunter.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move IMO

Moss plays when he's motivated, he came back which says he's motivated to play. He's been to 1 Superbowl and lost he probably wants to win one really bad so he can go out on top and/or show that he deserves a bigger/longer contract and either case will have to play well to get those.

Low risk with a 1 year deal, High Reward as he's one of the best WR in history when he wants to be.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move IMO

Moss plays when he's motivated, he came back which says he's motivated to play. He's been to 1 Superbowl and lost he probably wants to win one really bad so he can go out on top and/or show that he deserves a bigger/longer contract and either case will have to play well to get those.

Low risk with a 1 year deal, High Reward as he's one of the best WR in history when he wants to be.

Even if Moss is only 75-80% of what he once was, that is measurably better than anything we have right now - I agree, I see this as a low risk/high reward proposition.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moss obviously isn't long term, so if value arises in an "outside" receiver, draft him.

if another outside guy like Meachem, Robinson, Garcon, etc. don't ask the world, sign him too. this means Morgan is gone but thats the NFL.

but still say we should add a "slot" receiver who's quick in shorter range. if KW is that guy fine, but doesn't seem like we used him in that manner? maybe a 5th or 6th round pick?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Morgan back, but honestly KW is going to take his place i think. He produced very well with his playing time at WR. Much quicker and caught a lot of balls thrown his way.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss obviously isn't long term, so if value arises in an "outside" receiver, draft him.

if another outside guy like Meachem, Robinson, Garcon, etc. don't ask the world, sign him too. this means Morgan is gone but thats the NFL.

but still say we should add a "slot" receiver who's quick in shorter range. if KW is that guy fine, but doesn't seem like we used him in that manner? maybe a 5th or 6th round pick?

Going to say KW is that "slot" reciever.... he's very good and quick in that role.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another number to pass along. Over the past four seasons, Moss has caught just 22.7% of passes thrown to him over 20+ yards. I'd be curious to see what the league average is, though. Of course there's alot of other things that should be taken into account with that kind of number as well.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't necessarily mean Morgan is gone.

Moss/Crabtree/Morgan/Williams (Slot)/DraftPick/Bogan

Means we only need to draft 1 WR instead of 2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if he is great, thats the best scenario.

but again, didn't seem like we used him that way?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another number to pass along. Over the past four seasons, Moss has caught just 22.7% of passes thrown to him over 20+ yards. I'd be curious to see what the league average is, though. Of course there's alot of other things that should be taken into account with that kind of number as well.

we just have to adjust our expectations for Moss. obviously, he's not in his prime and we don't have the most explosive offense.

good thing is he doesn't need to prove he's a deep threat, defenses WILL play him honestly.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is great, thats the best scenario.

but again, didn't seem like we used him that way?

injuries forced him to be that outside guy. IMO.

Which could work but only so far. He does have the speed to go deep though.