• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING NEWS: 9ers sign Moss 1 yr deal

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a no lose situation for the 49ers.
I read he had Philly lined up after the 49ers. So he chose to sign with the 49ers over waiting for Brees and Vick, so that's pretty cool.

I think what this means is we might now pass on the more expensive WRs (Wallace, VJax) and I think what this also means is that Stephen Hill probably won't be available at #30. I can still see us getting another FA WR on the cheap. A guy who can handle the slot and return game. How about Eddie Royal?

Morgan might not be back unless he signs cheap.

I still think we should draft at least one WR as well.

Finally, he might pick #81 and then when he catches his first TD pass from Alex Smith he'll move past T.O. on the touchdown record chart. :-)

Why couldn't we make such a bold move in week 16 last year when we let Braylon go!?!?!?!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stephan hill is so overrated. we have enough guys already who can't catch or run routes

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Randy likes what he can do for the NFL, doesn't like what the NFL can do for him" - via Conference Call

Hmmm

Is there anything you do as a veteran to help out Michael Crabtree and the younger players?
Moss: "I think, not just Crabtree, but it's a young group of guys. And there's a saying I have: 'I like what I can do for the NFL. I don't like what the NFL can do for me.' I've loved the game of football. For me to be able to start at a young age and play Pop Warner football and have my dreams come true to become a professional football player. I like what I'm able to give back to football and the NFL. If those guys are willing to accept me as a teammate, come here and make this thing happen, then I'm ready to give back anyting I have: my knowledge, my work ethic and all of the above. I look forward to going out and working with these young guys, and coaches included."

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything you do as a veteran to help out Michael Crabtree and the younger players?
Moss: "I think, not just Crabtree, but it's a young group of guys. And there's a saying I have: 'I like what I can do for the NFL. I don't like what the NFL can do for me.' I've loved the game of football. For me to be able to start at a young age and play Pop Warner football and have my dreams come true to become a professional football player. I like what I'm able to give back to football and the NFL. If those guys are willing to accept me as a teammate, come here and make this thing happen, then I'm ready to give back anyting I have: my knowledge, my work ethic and all of the above. I look forward to going out and working with these young guys, and coaches included."

:lol:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has made so much about the team concept and blue-collar mentality with the 49ers. How much did he talk to you about coming into the locker room and fit in and be another one of the guys?
Moss: "Well, the thing about me being here is they've done their research on me. And I think when it comes to the world-wide sports media, I've gotten a bad rap. They've done their homework on me or they wouldn't have brought me in here."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Jay. I pulled that quote off the twitter feeds and I thought it sounded kind of weird - context is everything - thanks again.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Jay. I pulled that quote off the twitter feeds and I thought it sounded kind of weird - context is everything - thanks again.

No Problem Bro. I thought it sounded weird to. Maiocco is posting the questions a few at a time on the csnbayarea site.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what the most amazing thing is about that video
a) moss can still catch
b) harbaugh can still throw
c) construction workers actually doing some work

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i just wanted to know what evidence you had that he wont. real simple. years really? He didnt live up to the expectations of a player of his caliber last year but the previous two i would say that he did, IMO.

69 rec. 1008 yds. 11 td

83 1284 13

Being that you stated years, what did you expect him to do?

Heres just some of the evidence over the years

-Failed horribly in Tennessee his last year.
-Failed horribly in Minnesota his last year.
-Failed horribly in Oakland when he was in his prime.
-Has shown that he gets disinterested easily throughout his career. Is now in a run heavy offense with Alex Smith as QB.
-New England didnt want to give him a new contract because they could see he was not worth the big money. His production was dropping. He was slowing down. This was easy to see. And this was two years ago. This was also with Tom Brady as the QB.
-Avg 14 yrds a catch his last season with a long of 37 yards, supposedly a "deep threat."

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They were running routes near the stadium construction I would guess! The lawmower equipment also provided excellent protection!:lol:

Typical Harbaugh, go catch some passes in the parking lot with construction going on.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what the most amazing thing is about that video
a) moss can still catch
b) harbaugh can still throw
c) construction workers actually doing some work

That is funny

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see this signing having any effect on who we take at #30. He'll be a veteran presence that we were looking in Braylon. He fills the spot right now of... Swain. He's a stop-gap WR with a good upside kick, and we should definitely think about drafting a #1 or #2 type WR to add competition and pick things up by watching him. This should be a very minimal contract, and don't have any problem with the move. If he messes with the locker room, go ahead and can his ass just like we canned Braylon. If he puts up big numbers unexpectedly, then the front office looks brilliant.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this signing having any effect on who we take at #30. He'll be a veteran presence that we were looking in Braylon. He fills the spot right now of... Swain. He's a stop-gap WR with a good upside kick, and we should definitely think about drafting a #1 or #2 type WR to add competition and pick things up by watching him. This should be a very minimal contract, and don't have any problem with the move. If he messes with the locker room, go ahead and can his ass just like we canned Braylon. If he puts up big numbers unexpectedly, then the front office looks brilliant.

we still need to bring in someone to be the primary target like colston or lloyd. also need to decide on ginn and morgan. either resign both or replace both with eddie royal

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers forced to give Randy Moss shot after market for Vincent Jackson got too steep - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Moss’ one-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers reveals a lot about the open NFL job market – and not just about the 49ers’ woeful passing game last season.

The acquisition of Moss is a clear indication of how critical wide receivers in the NFL have become, particularly ones who are tall. As Moss was wrapping up his incentive-laden deal with the 49ers, the New Orleans Saints were working feverishly to get Marques Colston signed to a new contract before he hits free agency.

-----

They talked about getting somebody in the red zone for the crossing routes and the stuff in the back of the end zone,” a source said, referring to San Francisco’s idea for signing Moss.

------

San Francisco spent last season watching kicker David Akers set an NFL record with 44 field goals. That mark included 31 from less than 40 yards away and 18 of less than 30 yards. While the 49ers boasted a great defense and a good kicking game it isn’t enough for long-term success.

That’s why, until Monday, the 49ers were heavily in the running for Jackson until the price got outrageous.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a no lose situation for the 49ers.
I read he had Philly lined up after the 49ers. So he chose to sign with the 49ers over waiting for Brees and Vick, so that's pretty cool.

I think what this means is we might now pass on the more expensive WRs (Wallace, VJax) and I think what this also means is that Stephen Hill probably won't be available at #30. I can still see us getting another FA WR on the cheap. A guy who can handle the slot and return game. How about Eddie Royal?

Morgan might not be back unless he signs cheap.

I still think we should draft at least one WR as well.

Finally, he might pick #81 and then when he catches his first TD pass from Alex Smith he'll move past T.O. on the touchdown record chart. :-)

Why couldn't we make such a bold move in week 16 last year when we let Braylon go!?!?!?!

I seriously hope not, Randy Moss helps but is not the final piece to the puzzle on offense . The 49ers need to pickup Wallace, Manningham, Colston or Vjax why? Because they are trying to win a Super Bowl now not later....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.... the niners went out and did something...

did root against such a signing but.... little by little... i'm giving in....

we really just signed Randy Moss.... WOW

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that he's going to break TO's TD record in a 9er uniform.